Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

User avatar
MuscularTeeth
Posts: 583
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 12:28
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by MuscularTeeth » 16 May 2016, 17:00

Disco wrote:That's pretty cool MT!
no shit. i just read up on the stock exchange thingy.
he has just under 25% of the shares in the company, and it has been valued at 268million.

and he's wearing my shirt lol.
0 x

User avatar
kharis
Posts: 3093
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:59
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by kharis » 16 May 2016, 17:30

MT is gonna sell alot of obscure physics shirts :P
0 x

User avatar
NotThatDoug
Posts: 2278
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:51

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by NotThatDoug » 16 May 2016, 17:36

Woo I might go out and buy myself some shares in MT!
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

User avatar
Spooler
Posts: 772
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:42

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Spooler » 16 May 2016, 17:49

CherryRed wrote:
Matty wrote:
Spooler wrote:Weddings have got to be the most boring events in the world to attend.
free meal, free drinks,

Lol, never been to a buy your own dinner/drinks wedding huh ?

I'm not an overwhelming fan of having to tolerate strange people for extended periods of time and i knew only the bride and groom. making small talk with 60 people isn't really my idea of fun.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4237
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 16 May 2016, 17:56

Theres such a thing as a BYO wedding? That's a new one
0 x

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4237
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 16 May 2016, 18:02

Also, they've been doing NBN work around here and our internet has gone to shit -.- current speed is 1/8th of normal
0 x

User avatar
Spooler
Posts: 772
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:42

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Spooler » 16 May 2016, 23:09

Disco wrote:Theres such a thing as a BYO wedding? That's a new one

Ha ... really ? I've seen a few like that, usually i don't go to weddings either way ... couldn't really say no this time ... owe the bride too many favors.

I've never really understood the need for ceremonies/sharing aspects of lives publicly
Disco wrote:Also, they've been doing NBN work around here and our internet has gone to shit -.- current speed is 1/8th of normal
.

Ouch ... just to rub some salt in that wound, im currently paying $69/m for this...
Image
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

kablekill
Posts: 502
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:23
Location: Not here.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by kablekill » 17 May 2016, 00:10

4/6 weeks until I get to move into "my" new house. Tick Tock, Tick Tock.

Clearly not counting the days down. 1 and 2 and 3 and 4..................... :pray:
0 x

User avatar
CherryRed
Posts: 2007
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 19:13
Location: NSW, Australia

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by CherryRed » 17 May 2016, 08:27

Came into work at 5am this morning and was fortunate enough to get to watch the Go Pro footage from a rescue carried out on our Indonesian mine site a few months back after we had an Indonesian miner trapped underground for 9 days. Watching it all happen from the rescuers perspective, as he was lowered down a 30+ metre long hole only 75cm wide to rescue our colleague was quite confronting, but seeing the first interaction between those two men was pure magic and I have to admit there were a few tears watching it all unfold.

One was Muslim, the other was Christian. One was a stock-standard Caucasian Aussie, the other was an Indonesian national. One spoke only English, the other only spoke Bahasa. None of that mattered. There were hugs, there were high 5's and you could just feel the raw emotion of the moment. It was pure magic to watch those two men make contact for the first time, the pure joy and relief both for the man waiting to be rescued and the guy who had been working non-stop for 9 days to get him out.

Awesome way to start the day!
Spooler wrote:
CherryRed wrote:
Matty wrote:
free meal, free drinks,
Lol, never been to a buy your own dinner/drinks wedding huh ?
Nope, and I've been to at least 8 weddings in the past 4 years.
Spooler wrote:I've never really understood the need for ceremonies/sharing aspects of lives publicly
*shrug* Each to their own.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4237
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 17 May 2016, 09:25

Spooler wrote:Ouch ... just to rub some salt in that wound, im currently paying $69/m for this...
Image
We were hitting less than 1Mbps on speed tests last night, but then with the help of my brother in law, we discovered that when my PC was turned off, the internet was normal at 6-7Mbps, but when turned on it would drop straight to below 1Mpbs again... very weird, ended up doing a scan with Malware Bytes which turned up 19 odd suspicious files but once quarantined the problem has resolved itself, straaaaange!
0 x

User avatar
NotThatDoug
Posts: 2278
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:51

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by NotThatDoug » 17 May 2016, 12:08

Getting back on the fitness bandwagon tonight... Yay...
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4237
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 17 May 2016, 12:28

NotThatDoug wrote:Getting back on the fitness bandwagon tonight... Yay...
You're going to feel it no doubt!

I'm sitting here wondering if I would be the best uncle ever, or the worst uncle ever if I bought my niece and nephew pocket bikes 8-)
0 x

User avatar
NotThatDoug
Posts: 2278
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:51

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by NotThatDoug » 17 May 2016, 13:13

best uncle, worst brother/brother in law.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

User avatar
CherryRed
Posts: 2007
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 19:13
Location: NSW, Australia

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by CherryRed » 17 May 2016, 13:53

Fitness Passport has just launched at my work, we've signed up :)
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4237
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 17 May 2016, 15:05

NotThatDoug wrote:best uncle, worst brother/brother in law.
Yeah but it could totally be worth it for the eternal love of my nephew and niece, and I'm the only person in the family who rides that isn't a complete dropkick :lol:
0 x

User avatar
Longflanks
Posts: 33
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 09:03

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Longflanks » 18 May 2016, 14:34

CherryRed wrote:Came into work at 5am this morning and was fortunate enough to get to watch the Go Pro footage from a rescue carried out on our Indonesian mine site a few months back after we had an Indonesian miner trapped underground for 9 days. Watching it all happen from the rescuers perspective, as he was lowered down a 30+ metre long hole only 75cm wide to rescue our colleague was quite confronting, but seeing the first interaction between those two men was pure magic and I have to admit there were a few tears watching it all unfold.

One was Muslim, the other was Christian. One was a stock-standard Caucasian Aussie, the other was an Indonesian national. One spoke only English, the other only spoke Bahasa. None of that mattered. There were hugs, there were high 5's and you could just feel the raw emotion of the moment. It was pure magic to watch those two men make contact for the first time, the pure joy and relief both for the man waiting to be rescued and the guy who had been working non-stop for 9 days to get him out.

Awesome way to start the day!
Spooler wrote:
CherryRed wrote:
Lol, never been to a buy your own dinner/drinks wedding huh ?
Nope, and I've been to at least 8 weddings in the past 4 years.
Spooler wrote:I've never really understood the need for ceremonies/sharing aspects of lives publicly
*shrug* Each to their own.
I've been to about six weddings in my whole life lol
0 x

User avatar
kharis
Posts: 3093
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:59
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by kharis » 18 May 2016, 14:39

being Greek weddings tend to go a bit overboard on my side of the family, never been to a BYO event. We are currently in the generation gap though so it'll be a few years before I have to go to a family wedding
Last edited by kharis on 18 May 2016, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4237
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 18 May 2016, 15:56

It felt like I was going to a lot at once stage but then suddenly everyone was married, and now it's done :lol:

I didn't go much on them until I'd been married myself and understood what it was like, now I enjoy them because I'm happy for the couple and know how important the day is for them - it's no skin off my back to meet some people, have a few drinks and a good feed!
0 x

User avatar
MuscularTeeth
Posts: 583
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 12:28
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by MuscularTeeth » 18 May 2016, 16:24

i prefer the phase in life of weddings, and kids (the stage in life i am at at the moment). With a wedding - enjoy the day, its a nice milestone in life where we have so few.

i like big greek weddings, 'cos i love the live traditional music and love dancing away with my cousins and friends who i see so rarely.
the last wedding i went to was my own - and man i had a great time, and so did everyone ive asked. what made it the best day was having our kids there as flower girls. instead of mega awesome day, it was a mega mega super supra hyper cool day.

my dad and his mates are going through the phase of "so and so is dead this week". watching his circle of friends diminish over the last few years is very sad (hell they are my friends too) and something we all have coming towards us unless we are the ones to die first.

life is short, play super hard and enjoy it all.
0 x

User avatar
Matty
Posts: 1109
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 21:41

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Matty » 19 May 2016, 02:15

Who'd not want to have a massive party with your friends? That's pretty much the point :P
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

User avatar
Artful-dodgeR
Posts: 424
Joined: 30 Nov 2015, 16:26
Location: A part of Victoria that is basically South Australia.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Artful-dodgeR » 19 May 2016, 08:31

Brother sends me a video of him driving his car this morning. Wait, that doesn't sound norma....

Wait, is that a Lambo badge on the steering wheel?...why is he driving a Superleggera.

Little bastard had one of his clients let him borrow his car for a week -_- This can only end badly.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Nitephyre
Posts: 801
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 10:32
Location: ormeau@gc.qld.au

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Nitephyre » 19 May 2016, 08:51

I think you need to go and, um, confiscate it from him for a night... hoon laws an such :D
1 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

User avatar
NotThatDoug
Posts: 2278
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:51

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by NotThatDoug » 19 May 2016, 09:04

Just swing around and pop a couple of these on it

Image
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4237
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 19 May 2016, 10:17

Looking forward to my upcoming birthday and heading off for a few nights with Mrs Disco
0 x

User avatar
CherryRed
Posts: 2007
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 19:13
Location: NSW, Australia

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by CherryRed » 19 May 2016, 11:31

Longflanks wrote:I've been to about six weddings in my whole life lol
I don't know how old you are, but I'm in my mid-30's so I'm just at that stage of life where it's what everyone is doing - siblings, cousins, close family friends that I grew up with. We pretty well all got engaged within 12-18 months of each other (my bro & his wife actually got engaged the same day that Disco proposed to me, and we were married within a week of each other). So we had about a 2 year period where it was an onslaught of engagement parties and weddings.

Now they're all done, so unless someone gets divorced and goes for round 2, I'd say it'll be a surprise if we attend more than one or two weddings in the next decade :lol:
kharis wrote:being Greek weddings tend to go a bit overboard on my side of the family, never been to a BYO event. We are currently in the generation gap though so it'll be a few years before I have to go to a family wedding
I didn't even know BYO weddings existed...but apparently they do, so there you go! I probably wouldn't be that offended if there was no bar tab, but asking people to pay for their own meals at a wedding reception is a new one to me and it feels a bit tacky. We would have had a longer engagement if need be in order to pay for the meals at our reception, I coud never have asked people to pay for their own, but that's just me. I've been to one wedding where the bar didn't open until the Bride & Groom have arrived, but we made sure the drinks were flowing as soon as people arrived at the vineyard.
Disco wrote:.... I enjoy them because I'm happy for the couple and know how important the day is for them - it's no skin off my back to meet some people, have a few drinks and a good feed!
MuscularTeeth wrote:i prefer the phase in life of weddings, and kids (the stage in life i am at at the moment). With a wedding - enjoy the day, its a nice milestone in life where we have so few... life is short, play super hard and enjoy it all.
Matty wrote:Who'd not want to have a massive party with your friends? That's pretty much the point :P
Amen to all of the above, I couldn't imagine looking at it any other way - Celebrate the good things in life, be happy for other people's happiness and just enjoy the ride.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Post Reply