Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

CherryRed

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by CherryRed » 26 Feb 2017, 19:23

Home for Disco & I for the next 3 nights whilst some renovations are being completed at home:

Room has a very, very comfy King bed, free wifi, a great kitchenette for a studio room and an amazing bathroom with a big spa.

What a shame we have to work during the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 26 Feb 2017, 20:19

My Kitchen Rules is an insidious show. I objectively don't care for it and have never sought it out to watch it. But if it happens to be on when I'm sitting down to eat tea I'll be damned if I don't watch it until well after I'm finished. Curse you Channel Seven.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Brad

Post by Brad » 27 Feb 2017, 08:59

Yurtles wrote:My Kitchen Rules is an insidious show. I objectively don't care for it and have never sought it out to watch it. But if it happens to be on when I'm sitting down to eat tea I'll be damned if I don't watch it until well after I'm finished. Curse you Channel Seven.

I used to have this problem with TV. Getting sucked into stuff you would never actively watch.

But now, I think to myself, do I care? Will it change my life in any meaningful way to know the outcome? Am I enjoying it or is it just the lowest common denominator in my current state of lazy? Generally gives me the motivation to find the remote and watch/do something else.

That being said our TV is actually on the "TV" maybe 1% of the time. And when it is, it's on ABC Kids..
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 27 Feb 2017, 10:40

I get sucked into those shows too, and I don't like them at all :lol:
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 27 Feb 2017, 10:44

I listen to MKR in the background while my Partner watches it, I used to watch it with her but over the last couple of years its ramped up the fake drama, like it was always like that but after they hit a ratings boom with the bitchy asian girls a couple of years back every single group has to have that snobby team who say nasty things about other peoples food, although I don't know why contestents still agree to play the bad guy it didn't work out for the WA girls from a couple of years ago

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv ... bfe4ed8f66

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/mkr-c ... iew-2016-2
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Disco

Post by Disco » 27 Feb 2017, 12:06

Wish I was home playing The Hunter
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 27 Feb 2017, 12:18

Decided not to watch MKR this year because I don't want to even tangentially support Pete Evans. Dangerously ignorant man.

Been watching I'm A Celebrity instead. People still eat gross things so it's about the same. :)
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Mini

Post by Mini » 27 Feb 2017, 13:05

I don't watch TV... except for Battle Bots...
Why are Nintendo DS games still so expensive, and I mean original DS, not 3DS.
I just want a few Mario games for the kids to play on car trips... but $25 for Mario Kart DS is insane.
eBay here I come I think.
1 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 27 Feb 2017, 14:20

I've been watching Married at First Sight, the highlight is reading James Weir's recaps following each episode - and reading those meant I didn't need to play catch up on the eps I'd missed whilst away.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 27 Feb 2017, 20:25

Disco wrote:Wish I was home playing The Hunter
I wish you were home playing The Hunter.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 27 Feb 2017, 23:46

I wish you were both playing the hunter... And also that I won lotto... If I win lotto I'll hire you both to go MLG pro in The Hunter.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 28 Feb 2017, 11:16

Mythor wrote:Decided not to watch MKR this year because I don't want to even tangentially support Pete Evans. Dangerously ignorant man.

Been watching I'm A Celebrity instead. People still eat gross things so it's about the same. :)
The only reality type show I get sucked into is Masterchef, and even that my interest starts waning by the end of the very long seasons.
1 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 28 Feb 2017, 11:25

Sathias wrote:
Mythor wrote:Decided not to watch MKR this year because I don't want to even tangentially support Pete Evans. Dangerously ignorant man.

The only reality type show I get sucked into is Masterchef, and even that my interest starts waning by the end of the very long seasons.
We downloaded the season of MasterChef that Adam Liaw won because we'd never watched it before and had just finished that years MKR, it was like 89 episodes or something by the end we started skipping anything that wasn't an elimination episode, both it and MKR are on 4-5 nights a weeks for like 90 mins, I can't even watch Pro Wrestling that much in a week and I fucking love Pro Wrestling... Seasons 1 and 2 of Lucha Underground only came to US Netflix :(

American Masterchef is surprising good, the manufactured drama they have is mostly to do with things going horribly wrong with the cooking and its only 20 episodes a series
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 28 Feb 2017, 11:31

I do enjoy Masterchef, though agree the seasons are way too long. But the three hosts are good and the competition is generally friendly, rather than antagonistic like a lot of other reality shows. It's something I've appreciated with Forged In Fire, a blacksmithing reality competition on History Channel.
And I'm kinda hoping the shift in focus this season on The Biggest Loser maybe doesn't have everyone tearing strips off each other like last season's awkward scenes. And a shorter season of that wouldn't go astray.
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 28 Feb 2017, 12:19

^ Yeah I like the supporting atmosphere rather than antagonism as well. All the judges seem like good blokes too. I've been cooking a lot of Matt Preston's recipes lately and they have all been amazing.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 28 Feb 2017, 12:51

Tried to help set up a TV in the olds caravan on the weekend. It's gotten a lot harder to do since everything went digital. Now instead of waving the antenna back and forth and fiddling with some knobs till you get it you've got to move it, wait for the TV to scan bloody everything, then go move it again till it works.

In the end all I could get was a solid signal with SBS and no sign of the other channels at all. It was a much less intuitive experience, I have no idea what I was or wasn't doing right.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 28 Feb 2017, 13:32

Might be the antenna you were using isn't great at picking up digital.

Some TVs also show signal strength, so if you can get one channel you can wave around the antenna until it's a strong signal then try rescanning.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 28 Feb 2017, 14:31

Yurtles wrote:Tried to help set up a TV in the olds caravan on the weekend. It's gotten a lot harder to do since everything went digital. Now instead of waving the antenna back and forth and fiddling with some knobs till you get it you've got to move it, wait for the TV to scan bloody everything, then go move it again till it works.

In the end all I could get was a solid signal with SBS and no sign of the other channels at all. It was a much less intuitive experience, I have no idea what I was or wasn't doing right.

Digital is probably more likely to get fucked over by being inside a metal shell. Put the antenna outside.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 28 Feb 2017, 14:51

It does and and I did and I did. I do appreciate the suggestions though.

I think it was a bit of a waste anyway because when they take the caravan somewhere it's pretty likely the channels will be on different frequencies to here and they're going to have to suffer through the whole process all over again.
0 x

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 28 Feb 2017, 15:03

Get them some sort of easy to use media box and preload it with a bunch of stuff?
1 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 01 Mar 2017, 10:18

listening to my cousins dramas with her ex girlfriend that still owes her $600 and every time she asks for it her ex goes on this crazy rant about how my cousin obviously wants to get back with a previous ex, which she doesn't and is an obvious attempt to not talk about the money, makes me thankful that all my previous relationship break ups were actually quiet smooth, at least they were on my end, I imagine the ladies involved felt the same way you'd feel if you lost a division one winning lotto ticket... :lol:
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 01 Mar 2017, 10:52

Lucifer Morningstar wrote:I'm not sure if it was spend half or just as much. I know it wasn't twice, though.
It is important to buy a decent scope, though. I know Bushnell are really good.
I've always used Leupolds for the most part, with the odd Meopta or Tasco thrown in there and I've been impressed with Leupold and Meopta, I hear Vortex are putting out some good optics now though too.

Just gotta work out what the suggested scope would be and make sure the total package is under the weight limit for Field Rifle comps, then have a crack.. would be good if I could keep it functional for hunting, if I was just doing that I'd whack a fixed 4 or 3-9x on it.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Dinofreak

Post by Dinofreak » 01 Mar 2017, 12:00

I'd say spend as much as you are comfortable but if you are going to be using it for competition shooting definitely go towards the better end. Can't go too wrong with the brands you mentioned these days. Field Rifle is geared around shooting in common hunting positions so I'd look at setting it up for both options. The weight limit is 4kg for the full rifle set up if I recall correctly.

With regard to the cost rule it's more about what you want the glass to do. I have a $800 Savage .22 with a $150 Tasco on it and a $750 .308 target rifle with a $1200 Sightron. Minute of angle and minute of rabbit are very different things.
0 x
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
-- W. C. Fields

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 02 Mar 2017, 12:17

fire very close to my own factory. just down 1 street. walking distance.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 02 Mar 2017, 15:00

There have been a lot of fires around here lately, all seemingly lit by drop kick kids from the shitty areas of town
0 x
Nekosan wrote: