Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Nitephyre

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Nitephyre » 23 Dec 2019, 12:30

Mugsy, get Nova Launcher on Android, or failing that Microsoft Launcher, and customise to your hearts content.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 23 Dec 2019, 13:37

I accidentally stumbled across the app draw and was wondering if anyone here has already mentioned that I'm a dope for not knowing about it - lol

After stumbling into the app draw, I kinda knew that the home screen was for putting all the stuff I use regularly and the app draw was for all the apps installed when there was an alert from the Facebook app which was the first thing I deleted. Turns out I just got rid of it from the home screen and it was still on my phone.

Cheers for the suggestions guys. I downloaded MS Launcher which at the very least has given me a nice background. Given that I've grouped up all the apps already, I think I'll keep with that arrangement.

Also, it seems that MS Edge on my Windows Phone has saved all my bookmarks... will probably keep using that as a consequence. Now I just need to copy over my phone contacts and I should be able to swap sims.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 23 Dec 2019, 18:18

Has postal service gone a bit more stupid than normal for anyone else this year?

Ordered some stuff from overseas between middle and end of November expecting it to be here by Christmas. For one package only 1/3 of it turned up, the rest is being reshipped. For the other, they didn't even bother sending it for 11 days and it's now stuck in Sydney with Auspost for the past few days.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 23 Dec 2019, 21:06

I had a couple of things get stuck in Sydney...
But everything I ordered actually got here earlier than expected
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 23 Dec 2019, 22:28

My local post office told me that the bushfires have resulted in some severe delays as the postal service re-routes their deliveries to avoid the fires. My pillows that came from Vic would have been affected this way. Apparently, Auspost aren't even scanning stuff as a consequence. Delivery of my phone cases were also delayed.

Not sure if this affects you guys geographically.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Disco

Post by Disco » 24 Dec 2019, 07:01

Affects us badly as all our mail routes through Syd and both main roads have been blocked, mail delayed for weeks
0 x

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 24 Dec 2019, 11:22

On the plus side, one of them turned up today. Had to go pick it up from the post office since it missed the morning post out.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 27 Dec 2019, 23:21

Well, I'm now officially 100% on android phone now. Farewell windows phone.

Managed to find a way to export my contacts list and then import it into android... though it still needed some cleaning up. Better than entering everything manually of course.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 Dec 2019, 21:47

One of the best things I've ever done... download a rewards card management app and digitise all my reward cards. The winner... my wallet. It's slimmer and not for having money taken out of it either!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 31 Dec 2019, 09:57

You've only just done that? I didn't think anyone carried physical store/reward cards anymore.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 31 Dec 2019, 09:57

You've only just done that? I didn't think anyone carried physical store/reward cards anymore.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 31 Dec 2019, 16:24

It's been on my to do list for the past 5-6yrs. I didn't do it on my Lumia 920 as it looked like I was gonna transition to Android. Then I got my Lumia 950 (sale item of course) which I transitioned to using when mum was going through chemo so scanning reward cards was the last thing on my mind. Between dealing with mum's chemo and then the building defects issue that my body corp couldn't get on top of (which we've only just started getting something that resembles results), reward cards has been on the bottom end of my priority list.

But yeah, up until now, my system has been to have a few regular cards I use in my wallet like the Woolies rewards and flybuys cards, and then plan ahead for purchases at other shops and put my reward cards in my wallet when I knew I needed them. For most part, stores like Myer can look up my account with them so it hasn't been too big a hassle.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 05 Jan 2020, 22:28

Trying to sell that portable air con I got for my folks 2yrs ago. Some guy contacted me but the message went to Spam folder... I'm plenty pissed off at that. Hoping he still wants it.

Also trying to figure out a price to list Dad's old Boston Acoustics loudspeakers and Pioneer amplifier. Apparently the loudspeakers were a limited run... doing some research into whether they're worth something.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 06 Jan 2020, 10:24

I sold my Harley yesterday, it was gut wrenching.. but nice to have the money in the bank at the same time.

Mrs Disco and I are both back to work today, her in a new role - 2020 should be full of big and wonderful things for us.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 06 Jan 2020, 22:34

One less insurance item will be good too! From all the holiday planning Cherry has posted, it does look like you two have a great 2020 to look forward to.

I'm just looking forward to having the building defect issues at my townhouse sorted once and for all this year. Going in to bat for the body corp tomorrow when I meet with the QBCC. Hopefully I'll save the body corp a quarter million dollars.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Jan 2020, 11:42

I wish our body corprorate would actually spend some of the money we give them, it's just a money making scheme and they refuse to have meetings outside work hours when people can actually attend.

That, and they blatantly lie and tell you that matters you've emailed them about have been raised in meetings when in fact they have not. I just don't have the time or inclination to be a pain in the ass about it.
0 x

kittycatArcane

Post by kittycatArcane » 07 Jan 2020, 15:06

A rant about women's pants. (Disclaimer: I don't know if it's this stupid over there, but it sure is everywhere over here)

I will never stop complaining about the stupidity of women's pants. And not only the pocket situation, in which I can barely fit my wallet and phone into my back pockets, whereas dudes can fit their phone, wallet, keys, change, tissues, other people's keys, a severed head, and half the known universe into one damn pocket.
No, I speak also of the stupid sizing situation. Let me set the stage for you: I go pants shopping with a vague number sizing to stick to, "8". But depending on the brand... I could be actually 4, 6, 10... and then you have the extra descriptors.
What the hell is an "8 Chica" size? What does this mean? Why isn't it on other brands? What do all the other descriptors mean? It's not a descriptor of the cut (i.e. straight leg vs. flared bottom, or the waistline height) - so what, then?
Okay, so women's sizes are confusing - maybe I'll have better luck just shopping men's pants. Might fit a little weird on me, but whatever.
But wait! Men's sizes don't run small enough for me! Okay... so maybe I'll just be a chick in her 20s casually shopping for her pants in the kids' section, having to peruse the sizes given to 12-year-old boys.
But wait! That won't work either... because wide hips. So women's sizes should be built for it, as frustrating as it is to shop them.
But wait!!! Women's sizes still don't help there... because I have wide hips AND long legs, and all the pants I can find tend to be made for very overweight women with very short legs.
And most of what I do find that might fit?
FUCKING SKINNY JEANS.
Fuck your skinny jeans, I don't care about your "soft earthy autumn/fall chic" - and fuck your soft cotton leggings, stretchy athlete-wear, and skirts too. I can't hike or work on cars in "pants" meant for yoga or people who sit all day.
I JUST WANT JEANS. I HATE PANTS SHOPPING AAAAHHHHH
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 07 Jan 2020, 21:01

kittycatArcane wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 15:06
What the hell is an "8 Chica" size?
Pants for thick Mexican girls?
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 08 Jan 2020, 04:19

kittycatArcane wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 15:06
A rant about women's pants. (Disclaimer: I don't know if it's this stupid over there, but it sure is everywhere over here)

I will never stop complaining about the stupidity of women's pants. And not only the pocket situation, in which I can barely fit my wallet and phone into my back pockets, whereas dudes can fit their phone, wallet, keys, change, tissues, other people's keys, a severed head, and half the known universe into one damn pocket.
No, I speak also of the stupid sizing situation. Let me set the stage for you: I go pants shopping with a vague number sizing to stick to, "8". But depending on the brand... I could be actually 4, 6, 10... and then you have the extra descriptors.
What the hell is an "8 Chica" size? What does this mean? Why isn't it on other brands? What do all the other descriptors mean? It's not a descriptor of the cut (i.e. straight leg vs. flared bottom, or the waistline height) - so what, then?
Okay, so women's sizes are confusing - maybe I'll have better luck just shopping men's pants. Might fit a little weird on me, but whatever.
But wait! Men's sizes don't run small enough for me! Okay... so maybe I'll just be a chick in her 20s casually shopping for her pants in the kids' section, having to peruse the sizes given to 12-year-old boys.
But wait! That won't work either... because wide hips. So women's sizes should be built for it, as frustrating as it is to shop them.
But wait!!! Women's sizes still don't help there... because I have wide hips AND long legs, and all the pants I can find tend to be made for very overweight women with very short legs.
And most of what I do find that might fit?
FUCKING SKINNY JEANS.
Fuck your skinny jeans, I don't care about your "soft earthy autumn/fall chic" - and fuck your soft cotton leggings, stretchy athlete-wear, and skirts too. I can't hike or work on cars in "pants" meant for yoga or people who sit all day.
I JUST WANT JEANS. I HATE PANTS SHOPPING AAAAHHHHH
I got some jeans from here recently and they are the best ones I've ever had... hopefully the womens ones are just as good, or they have mens ones in your size?

https://revtownusa.com/
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 08 Jan 2020, 05:52

Disco wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 11:42
I wish our body corprorate would actually spend some of the money we give them, it's just a money making scheme and they refuse to have meetings outside work hours when people can actually attend.
Yeah, I got pretty annoyed by the business hour meeting times for my body corporate too. My experience is that it's usually because of a body corp manager who doesn't want to work after hours (usually they're a parent) and they influence the rest of the committee by saying after hours meetings are more expensive.

Ironically, these days, after moving out, it's harder for me to get to the complex so I prefer the early morning/late afternoon meetings at the body corporate manager's office.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 08 Jan 2020, 12:59

So reports are saying that Iran has launched a counter attack by firing rockets at Iraqi military bases with a US Military presence.

Apparently Trump is making an announcement soon.
0 x

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 08 Jan 2020, 14:20

Given Iraq voted to boot out all of the US troops a few days ago, hopefully he'll just announce a withdrawal from Iraq.

How much oil do they have left?
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 08 Jan 2020, 21:41

People need to be distracted from seeing the word 'impeachment' don't they?

Honestly, all countries should have an un-ammendable law where their leader must lead their defense forces into battle... as in be first in line for any conflicts. Lets see how eager they are for war then.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 08 Jan 2020, 23:19

Otto-matic Reiffel wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 14:20
Given Iraq voted to boot out all of the US troops a few days ago, hopefully he'll just announce a withdrawal from Iraq.

How much oil do they have left?
It was never about oil, it was about war for wars sake. Who the hell wants to worry about oil when you can pay a company to make everything you need to fight a war, then pay them to rebuild the country, then retire to a position on the board?
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Disco

Post by Disco » 09 Jan 2020, 12:08

WMD's! Don't forget the WMD's!
0 x