Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Disco

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 09 Dec 2015, 13:18

I take a lot of photos at home using my iPhone so anyone could just rip the GPS co-ordinates if they were super keen to meet me, although nasty surprises as mentioned above await those who bother me ;)
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 09 Dec 2015, 13:35

So, we have this old guy at work who I have worked with for 11 years, we get along well and have lunch together most days etc. He loves to stir people up all the time and is quite a cheeky/sarcastic person, which doesn’t bother me, but it does piss me off when someone can dish it out but they can’t take it.

He left work early yesterday to go to the Doctor and I messaged him last night to see how he went, he told me he has tonsillitis and is off work for the remainder of the week. He then said “So, I’ll see you on Friday night at the Christmas Party” to which I said “Well that will get some tongues wagging, not well enough to work but well enough to attend the Christmas Party!” because, personally, when I am off work sick I don’t even leave the house unless it’s for a medical appointment. If I need stuff from the Chemist or the Supermarket, I send Disco, because we live in a small town and perception is everything.

Anyway, his wife sent me a text message saying she doesn’t think she will get to see me at the Christmas Party this year. I replied and asked why, to which she said “Comments that have been and will be said about him attending a party when he is sick!” ---- red flag to the bull, sorry lady you don’t get to text me and have a go ---- so I replied and said “Actually, no one has said anything except me and I was only shit stirring. Your husband dishes out a good shit stir quite frequently and it’s high time he learned to take one occasionally too. Whether he is comfortable attending a company function on a day where he was too sick to attend work is entirely his personal choice.”

She replied with “mmm, we will see then” and I just didn’t bother responding.

He/she can both take their attitude and shove it, you don’t take three days off on sick leave and then rock up to a party that night, it's poor form!
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Disco

Post by Disco » 09 Dec 2015, 13:56

He shouldn't even have the option of attending a Christmas Party or work function while sick just to prevent the spread of it to the other workers
0 x

MUG

Post by MUG » 09 Dec 2015, 15:12

Why oh Why does Payday 2 insist on so many updates, 3.9 gig for the second time this week..

It's ok for those on real internet connection, but us stuck on sub standard adsl2, it just sucks.

/rant
0 x

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 09 Dec 2015, 15:46

I disabled PayDay 2 auto updates for that very reason. Was pissing me off to no end!
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 09 Dec 2015, 15:52

I uninstalled it. Way too many patches compared to the number of times I was playing it. And then the DLC flood and microtransaction malarkey, ugh.
Shame, as it's good fun if you get a good group of people to play with. Ones that don't mind when everything goes terribly wrong. :D
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Disco

Post by Disco » 09 Dec 2015, 16:13

I always struggle with betas and free weekends if they wont let you download the game in advance.. free weekend, finishes downloading the game at 10PM sunday or something stupid like that
0 x

ChainsawMcP

Post by ChainsawMcP » 09 Dec 2015, 19:45

NotThatDoug wrote:I've seen security camera footage of your house I'm sure I could figure out your location using google maps, at least I know a crazy naked man won't be waiting for me :lol:
Do you want the address :twisted: (said in best crazy cyberstalker voice)

From various posts it is possible to narrow it down, probably to an exact address - it helps if you have a good memory

Photo of the front door from a post about delivery men
Photo of the general area from a post about a car - and the bike
A description of what is over the back fence from a post about a night visitor
An indication that the main road is close by from a post about how long it takes to get to work...

You know it's probably a good thing that the GON forums aren't there for people to search ... :evil:
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 09 Dec 2015, 21:18

We don't particularly try to hide our location... showing up here in an unfriendly manner would generally be a mistake ;)

Also, the main road is closeby for everyone because it's a small town lol
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Disco

Post by Disco » 09 Dec 2015, 21:40

I like to live my life as though the castle doctrine is an accepted norm, despite what the law may say to the contrary and anyone I catch sniffing about my house is going to get whats for, and I figure if that's ever a permanent result for that person, well there are a lot of places to bury someone out our way!
0 x

ChainsawMcP

Post by ChainsawMcP » 10 Dec 2015, 08:35

It's just as easy to find me - we all give away so much without thinking about how one little piece can be added to another

From a post about deliveries - I'm near Charnwood post office
From a post about internet speeds - I'm in a reasonably new - but not the newest - suburb in the area
I built the kids a fairly big cubby house (it shows up very well on google maps)
From a post about rotten kids turning off electricity at the meter - We're next to a walkway

The derivation of my forum name - gives away my real name (at least phonetically) and I spelled it out in the you tube post that contains the video...

There are only one or two of that surname in Canberra - which you can narrow down to me using the other info

Our only real safety is that the pieces are spread out and require so much to put together that - for must of us - its too much work
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 10 Dec 2015, 08:38

Mine is mostly given away, but I don't remember what I have mentioned most of the time.
I know I have said I live in Bendigo, which narrows it down fairly well to begin with. But I don't think I have given more than that.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

kharis

Post by kharis » 10 Dec 2015, 08:41

I have no idea but if someone random cones to my door they had better be wary of the arsenal of melee weapons this over protective mother has access to
0 x

Makena

Post by Makena » 10 Dec 2015, 09:22

I know where you all live. I have my ways.

>.>
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 10 Dec 2015, 09:27

Well why don't I get a visit then?
I would like gaming visitors... even have enough computers sitting in my shed to set up a LAN...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Makena

Post by Makena » 10 Dec 2015, 09:32

Because I'm a jerk, obviously :P
0 x

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 10 Dec 2015, 09:52

Not to mention the post a picture of yourself thread. So could find the town and hang out til you see the person then stalk them :P
Makena wrote:I know where you all live. I have my ways.

>.>
I know where you live...................
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 10 Dec 2015, 10:08

I live so far away from the rest of you I don't have to worry about you stalking me.
1 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Disco

Post by Disco » 10 Dec 2015, 10:27

You all sound creepy as hell right now, just sayin :P

I was in Canberra one time and shoot Moose a text, and he was like "I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE, I COULD TOTALLY STALK YOU" :lol:
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 10 Dec 2015, 10:40

NotThatDoug wrote:I live so far away from the rest of you I don't have to worry about you stalking me.
Not necessarily true, all depends on the level of crazy.

Not a story I share frequently, but I had an "online stalker" when I was in my late teens, a lebanese guy from Sydney that I met online.

He didn't like my then-boyfriend (who he also knew online), didn't approve of some of the shit he did and was trying to convince me to leave my boyfriend for him. In hindsight, his observations of my ex were on the money, I was too naive at the time to realise I was in an emotionally abusive relationship, however his attempts to get me to leave my boyfriend for him were kinda creepy as I was 19 and he was 39 and I knew that wasn't cool. He started putting a LOT of pressure on me, so I ended up telling him that wasn't going to happen, not the leaving of the boyfriend not the hooking up with him and I scaled back any contact I had with him as it was all getting a bit uncomfortable.

He didn't appreciate me rejecting his online advances so he did a 2000 kilometre round trip, posed as a client at the law firm I worked at in order to get me into a meeting room alone, then held me by my throat and threatened to throw me from the 28th floor of Waterfront Place in Brisbane. He took photos of me cowered in a corner looking terrified, told me the addresses of my family members and told me to be careful how I play this game if I truly care about them, then took off. It was all caught on security footage, but the police couldn't identify or locate him.

Needless to say, I look a looooooooooong sabbatical from chatting to anyone online. I never heard from him again, but it was a living hell for a solid 12 months after that, as I didn't know when/if or where this psycho would pop up again or what he was going to do to me. I also kept waiting for the photos he took to surface online, but they never did as far as I am aware.

This was 15 years ago now though.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:

ButterflyEffect

Post by ButterflyEffect » 10 Dec 2015, 10:47

NotThatDoug wrote:I live so far away from the rest of you I don't have to worry about you stalking me.
With no Bunnings & no Oporto I'd take a guess you live on the dark side of the moon. :D
2 x
Go on,try it. I promise you won't end up on Youtube.

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 10 Dec 2015, 11:07

ButterflyEffect wrote:
With no Bunnings & no Oporto I'd take a guess you live on the dark side of the moon. :D
Weather is probably nicer on the dark side of the moon than where I am.
1 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 10 Dec 2015, 11:17

Had an insurance assessor out to look at the roof after a pretty decent hailstorm we had recently (The biggest of the big stuff was maybe ping pong ball sized but generally a bit smaller). Whole roof replacement he says. I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Mini

Post by Mini » 10 Dec 2015, 11:18

Good thing, change the colour and style.
Have something new :)

I wish that happened to me, I am in a place where I need to replace my whole roof but can't currently afford it :(
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 10 Dec 2015, 12:53

At least you had insurance.. I just shook my head in amazement after the Blue Mountains and Victorian bush fires when people were coming out of the woodwork begging for donations and government assistance because they hadn't taken out insurance.

We pay a lot of money for insurance, home and contents, vehicles, travel, etc. to make sure if something happens we don't get screwed, so I have no sympathy for anyone who doesn't do the same.
0 x