Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Mini

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Mini » 06 Dec 2015, 15:59

Off to Ed Sheeran concert in an hour or so...
Hopefully we can get close enough to see something...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 06 Dec 2015, 18:04

I wish we had a bunnings, I'd have so many crazy weekend project going on if it wasn't for the over priced shitty hardware stores here.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Disco

Post by Disco » 06 Dec 2015, 19:21

I'm looking forward to it not being on the other side of town, they're opening a new one closer to me which will be nice.. I DO wish that if you looked up a product on their website, it told you where in the store it actually was -.-
1 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 06 Dec 2015, 20:01

went to my parents house today and my 4 year old didn't like that fact that his cousins were over and taking attention away from him, major meltdowns, good fun
1 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 06 Dec 2015, 20:24

LOL, I can relate... I hate it when I'm visiting my Mum, and people take her attention away from me.

By 34 you would think I would have grown out of that, but nah, youngest child syndrome is still alive and well ;)

In fact, when they built their new house, even though it's 1000kms away Mum let me "choose" my own room, which has furniture in it that I bought --- my brother and his wife moved in with them for a year, and moved into MY room because it had the nicer furniture. Mmmm, I was not happy, when I visited I had to grit my teeth and smile at having to sleep in a 'guest room' :P
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

kharis

Post by kharis » 06 Dec 2015, 20:31

hehe that's funny, no being autistic and liking his routine really worked against him today, he loves staying over there but having a 6 month baby to contend with was always going to be a problem, once he stopped eating and got tired it was time to pack up and leave
1 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 06 Dec 2015, 20:34

It's bad enough when a non-autistic 4 year old is tired and out of routine, so I can only imagine.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

kharis

Post by kharis » 06 Dec 2015, 20:37

he had a nap (was out within 5 mins of us leaving to drive home) and is still a bit grumpy, so back to bed in a sec
1 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 06 Dec 2015, 20:52

Watching Survivorman makes me want to go camping
0 x

Wrangl3r

Post by Wrangl3r » 07 Dec 2015, 07:03

Got to a low of 31C in adelaide last night (this morning), so fucking hot
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 07 Dec 2015, 08:51

One of our mine sites is located on an Island, and under our operating agreement a certain percentage of our staff must be local or we are not only in breach of our permit but we also risk civil unrest and violence in the area; of course, hiring locals comes with its own set of challenges due to cultural differences, language barriers, differing education levels and so on. One thing that is very different to working with Australians is that the Islanders do not ‘interpret’ what you mean, but instead take things very literally.

So this morning I was told that an Australian supervisor or superintendent told one of the Islander employees to load the ute (a 9 month old dual cab Hilux) with rubbish, drive it to the dump area and burn it. The islander said “Boss, are you sure?” and the guy said he was. The islander said “You really want me to load that rubbish onto the ute, drive it to the dump area and burn it?” and the guy said “Yes! What part of that don’t you understand?” and the Islander said “No worries Boss, I understand!”

About half an hour later the boss gets a call, wanting to know if someone was going down to the dump area to pick up the Islander he just sent down there… he asked “What? Why doesn’t he just drive back?” ---- because he loaded the rubbish onto the ute, drove the ute to the dump area and set the ute on fire – as per his instructions. :clap:
2 x
Mugsy wrote:

kharis

Post by kharis » 07 Dec 2015, 09:06

CherryRed wrote:One of our mine sites is located on an Island, and under our operating agreement a certain percentage of our staff must be local or we are not only in breach of our permit but we also risk civil unrest and violence in the area; of course, hiring locals comes with its own set of challenges due to cultural differences, language barriers, differing education levels and so on. One thing that is very different to working with Australians is that the Islanders do not ‘interpret’ what you mean, but instead take things very literally.

So this morning I was told that an Australian supervisor or superintendent told one of the Islander employees to load the ute (a 9 month old dual cab Hilux) with rubbish, drive it to the dump area and burn it. The islander said “Boss, are you sure?” and the guy said he was. The islander said “You really want me to load that rubbish onto the ute, drive it to the dump area and burn it?” and the guy said “Yes! What part of that don’t you understand?” and the Islander said “No worries Boss, I understand!”

About half an hour later the boss gets a call, wanting to know if someone was going down to the dump area to pick up the Islander he just sent down there… he asked “What? Why doesn’t he just drive back?” ---- because he loaded the rubbish onto the ute, drove the ute to the dump area and set the ute on fire – as per his instructions. :clap:
lol saw that one coming as soon as i started reading :-o

lex still has the grumps this morning, left him with my mother and law and came to work, maybe he'll be over it by tonight
0 x

Nitephyre

Post by Nitephyre » 07 Dec 2015, 09:25

CherryRed wrote:One of our mine sites is located on an Island, and under our operating agreement a certain percentage of our staff must be local or we are not only in breach of our permit but we also risk civil unrest and violence in the area; of course, hiring locals comes with its own set of challenges due to cultural differences, language barriers, differing education levels and so on. One thing that is very different to working with Australians is that the Islanders do not ‘interpret’ what you mean, but instead take things very literally.

What is this, I don't even... :wtf: :problem: :shifty:
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 07 Dec 2015, 09:47

It's one of those "If you don't laugh, you'll cry" moments ... soooooo glad it wasn't me who gave those instructions. The supervisor that did give the instructions is relatively new to working on the island, the experienced guys know to be VERY careful how they word things for this very reason. The islanders have a great deal of respect for the 'pecking order' and will rarely question authority, even if it means doing something that seems a bit stupid to them.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 07 Dec 2015, 14:22

I had to use my parents computer on the weekend for something. I'm doing my best to forget what I saw.

It's like what you'd expect to see if you gave a 10 year old free rein of their own PC. Random shit installed everywhere, links and shortcuts to things on the desktop that make no sense or perhaps don't even exist, viruses that you can't even conceive how they might have picked up, files and folders stored in completely illogical places with titles that offer no help working out what they are or why they're there, on and on it goes.

The final straw was when they asked me to do something with their email and the auto-fill for the username contained an option for their username along with their password tacked onto the end of it. The password that I told them they desperately needed to change after opening numerous random mystery file attachments in emails from someone else who had been hacked. The password I told them they needed to change TWELVE MONTHS AGO.

I walked away. Washed my hands of it. They operate technology on a level that I just cannot fathom.
1 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 07 Dec 2015, 14:34

^ Sounds like Disco's mother.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 07 Dec 2015, 14:53

I have an elderly neighbour who couldn't figure out how to use the "guide" button on her remote whom i had to teach 3 times before she gave up and made me show her husband how it worked.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Dec 2015, 15:32

I'm a somewhat intolerant and impatient person, and although fixing my mothers computer shits me to tears, I do it anyway and try not to be a dickhead about it - I figure it's just my karma for being a shitty kid :lol:

Also has anyone noticed that when playing a game, their PS4 sounds like it's got a jet engine and is about to take off?
0 x

Artful-dodgeR
Location: A part of Victoria that is basically South Australia.

Post by Artful-dodgeR » 07 Dec 2015, 15:42

Home, thank fuck.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Dec 2015, 16:02

I'm super excited that it's after 4PM.. if only I had about 8 bottles of Champers at home waiting for me
0 x

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 07 Dec 2015, 16:22

Disco wrote:Also has anyone noticed that when playing a game, their PS4 sounds like it's got a jet engine and is about to take off?
Needs more cool airflow. If it's in a cabinet think about putting in a fan to move the air around.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Dec 2015, 16:40

Ahh.. it is in a cabinet - I might rectify that and take it out, don't want it to die now that I've finally found a game I really like
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 07 Dec 2015, 16:57

Disco wrote:Also has anyone noticed that when playing a game, their PS4 sounds like it's got a jet engine and is about to take off?
Yes occasionally. Mines in an open cabinet and also sometimes on my desk. It seems to handle some games better than others.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 07 Dec 2015, 17:02

Mines in a cabinet open at the front and mostly closed at the back. Hacked together a spare 120mm fan and a USB cable, attached to back of cabinet as exhaust and set USB only powered when PS4 is on. Works pretty well.
1 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 07 Dec 2015, 20:04

Mini vent about first world problem: I'm going to see a Star Wars midnight screening (woo!) with the girlfriend. Then two friends on separate occasions ask if they can go see Star Wars with me as they got no-one else to go with (don't get me started). I'm like sure, but they ask / expect me to go out and find the tickets and pre-book them. Money isn't an issue as I know they'll pay me back, but it kinda shits me how I'm always the one organising/booking shit because people are too lazy or take me for granted.

Tldr: why the fuck do I always have to do everything?

/end rant
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.