Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

CherryRed

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by CherryRed » 07 Dec 2015, 20:31

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Mini vent about first world problem: I'm going to see a Star Wars midnight screening (woo!) with the girlfriend. Then two friends on separate occasions ask if they can go see Star Wars with me as they got no-one else to go with (don't get me started). I'm like sure, but they ask / expect me to go out and find the tickets and pre-book them. Money isn't an issue as I know they'll pay me back, but it kinda shits me how I'm always the one organising/booking shit because people are too lazy or take me for granted.

Tldr: why the fuck do I always have to do everything?

/end rant
I hear you on this; I've always been the "organiser", every year Disco and I would host at least 2 events at our home and organise group dinners and get togethers with our circle of people. Then one year I got the shits and thought "Fuck this, it is ALWAYS us" and I vowed that (with the exception of special events) I would no longer organise, host or otherwise be involved in the arrangement of these things. I even had a rant about it on Facebook, and ensured it was visible and clear to our friends that we were a bit sick of constantly arranging, feeding, watering, etc and never having that favour returned.

Guess what? We still don't get invited anywhere.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 07 Dec 2015, 20:55

Centerlink sent me an email saying they were taking eleven cents out of my next youth allowance check ... because they over paid me by 11 cents.

Chances are it cost more in time, electricity and bandwidth to send me that email than the 11 cents was worth...
1 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Dec 2015, 21:19

I've just realized that I'll be at sea when the new Starwars comes out, bugger...might just miss the crowds and see it when I get back, since I'm going by myself anyway
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 07 Dec 2015, 21:22

No cinema on the boat?
They might show it on there...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Re: RE: Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 07 Dec 2015, 21:24

Mini wrote:No cinema on the boat?
They might show it on there...
Nah, there is a theatre but more for dancing and stage productions.

I don't think they would bother with the cost of actual cinema movies on a cruise ship, not unless it's more much expensive than the one we're going in anyway. I'll survive, somehow, with the help of a mojito or three :D
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 07 Dec 2015, 21:27

i'm sure you'll know what happens by the time you get back :)
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 07 Dec 2015, 21:55

They play movies at night on the top deck, but yeah, they wouldn't play anything this new.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 08 Dec 2015, 00:05

kharis wrote:i'm sure you'll know what happens by the time you get back :)

So we should alleasage disco a spoiler a day after the movie release ? :twisted:
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 08 Dec 2015, 08:58

My partner put Wiggles on netflix on for our daughter, she loves it... I now have Wiggles songs stuck in my head on a loop
1 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Disco

Post by Disco » 08 Dec 2015, 09:01

You poor bastard
1 x

Artful-dodgeR
Location: A part of Victoria that is basically South Australia.

Post by Artful-dodgeR » 08 Dec 2015, 09:24

As long as it's the old school and not current wiggle line up...
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 08 Dec 2015, 09:26

Wake up Lachie just isn't the same as Wake up Jeff...
1 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 08 Dec 2015, 09:33

Nah its the new wiggles, Blue Wiggle is the only OG Wiggle left, the rest are just happy swimming around in the scrouge mcduck style money vaults...

My partner has it worse, I'm at work now with Pandora blasting, she is still at home and will probably have it on most of the day...

At least its not that frigging purple dinosaur
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 08 Dec 2015, 09:39

Mini wrote:Wake up Lachie just isn't the same as Wake up Jeff...
Lachie is a poor mans Jeff, Simon the red wiggle is a decent replacement for the original and Emma as yellow wiggle is pretty good and adds some elements they couldn't have with an all male cast but Lachie is just the worst. They should have kept him in the Wags the Dog costume... I wiki'd them while laying on the couch listening to 'Do the Propeller' for the 7th time
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 08 Dec 2015, 12:19

Only 4 days of work left for 2016 after today, and man the days are just crawling by at the moment.. I feel like I've been in the office for 16 hours, but I've only been here for just under 4 :( Doesn't help that the building industry starts to settle down at this time of the year either.
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 08 Dec 2015, 14:16

Emailed a supplier representative (and left several phone messages as well) earlier this year and never once received a response from him, which really pissed me off as he was always available during the contract negotiation period but once the contract was secured he seemed to disappear.

Well, yesterday he called me 5 times telling me he needed to urgently meet with me today at my office, could I please call him back. I deleted his messages. By lunchtime today, another 3 messages, which I also deleted.

He showed up here at lunchtime, told me that he'd left several messages and asked if I had not received them. I said "They were received, I just treated them with the same level of urgency with which you responded to my emails and telephone messages throughout the year" and he looked at me like a confused puppy and I said "ie, no urgency at all - you don't respond. I'm actually quite busy, I'll have our supervisor find someone else to assist you today" and left it at that.

He looked most displeased.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 08 Dec 2015, 14:54

Haha high five!
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 08 Dec 2015, 14:56

Nice
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 08 Dec 2015, 15:19

Also, P&O sent me an email yesterday saying they are pleased to confirm complimentary premium beverage packages on our cruise leaving next week and that they would send through confirmation shortly ... I was so excited, as they had previously told us no. I waited for the confirmation, and waited, and waited and when it didn't arrive I emailed them back to say thanks but I have not received the document.

They just replied and said "Oops, our mistake, it's actually not included in this cruise - to get it, we could let you cancel and re-book however the cruise is fully booked and there is a waitlist, so you would have to go to the bottom of the list and there's no guarantee you would get to travel on this particular trip" --- ummm, pass... we'll just pay for our drinks thanks!
0 x
Mugsy wrote:

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 08 Dec 2015, 15:20

So back in September I booked our flights to go down to Perth for Xmas so my partners side of the family can all meet our daughter, was told at the time I could use a car of a family member of hers and there would be room at another family members place, my in laws are taking their caravan down so it would be easy for them to stay wherever we end up. After requesting again and again some confirmation on where we are staying and the car usage so I can figure out a plan for visiting some old Perth friends I never get to see I got informed at 8am this morning: "We have got a mattress and porta cot for you in (family members) lounge room, you will need to rent a car."

So my morning at work has been spent swearing a lot and alt tabbing between actual work and trying to find a cheap rental car, $1151 is the cheapest if I want to pick it up from the air port, $600ish if I pick it up from a different yard the next day, which means relying on a family member to pick us up from the airport and take me to the rental yard the following day. its almost worth the extra $500 to have complete control over it myself...

I'm also looking for short stay apartments, because I'll be 31 years old in 12 days and have no desire to sleep on the lounge room, plus I don't think its going to do my daughter any good for her nap times/night time sleeping because the lounge room is right between the kitchen/bathroom and bedrooms, cheapest I can find is $880 but its an hours drive away, the question is am I petty enough to rent a place that makes it impossible for them to see my daughter to teach them a lesson about stuffing me around?

The answer is Yes. Yes I am that petty.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 08 Dec 2015, 15:29

Mate, I'd pull the pin on it, and then Mrs Disco would have to try to convince me how it's worth the fuck around
2 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 08 Dec 2015, 15:41

So I went on a rant ...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=366
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 08 Dec 2015, 16:06

Disco wrote:Mate, I'd pull the pin on it, and then Mrs Disco would have to try to convince me how it's worth the fuck around
Yeah looking at the costs I would lose less money just not showing up at the airport and just eating the cost of the tickets, it would also only be like $200 more if we hoped off our plane when it landed in Perth, walked around to the international terminal and hoped on a plane to bali and stayed there until our plane home was due to leave Perth.

I don't know what I'm going to do yet, all I know is I'm not happy, its not like I don't have the money but depending on where we end up staying, what car we get its going to cost me at least an extra $1,000 then it would have if I someone had just said to me while I was booking the flights "Hey Doug, the car and accommodation we have for you aren't guaranteed and we probably won't know if they will be available until its going to be way too late and too expensive for you to book anything else."

My new years resolution for 2016 is to take charge of shit more often, between this stuff around, the terrible photography/filming jobs I've done this year that have all gone to shit because I left the person who hired me in charge and they didn't know what they were doing and I had to fix it and it made the whole show look unprofessional I've realised I need to take charge more and put my faith in other people less.
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 08 Dec 2015, 16:39

Mrs Disco would pull the pin too... seriously, NTD... fuck that shit.

The disappointing part of it is that I know you'd really like them to see/meet your daughter, but, fuck. What a pack of dicks.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 08 Dec 2015, 16:44

Also, you are not 15, you are a grown-ass man with a grown-ass wife and a baby... it's not fair on any of you to expect you to all sleep on mattresses in someone's loungeroom. I can assure you with the power of 1000 suns that if we were going to visit one of my inlaws with a baby and Disco told me we'd be sleeping in someone's loungeroom, his arse would be visiting those people alone, because I wouldn't be going and neither would our kid.
0 x
Mugsy wrote: