Everquest Next officially cancelled, Landmark launching Spring 2016

Player Attack News straight from the horse's mouth
NewsBot

Everquest Next officially cancelled, Landmark launching Spring 2016

Post by NewsBot » 12 Mar 2016, 13:04

Terrible news! The next entry in the venerable Everquest series has been officially cancelled by developer Daybreak Games. Rumours have been circulating for months due to the virtual silence on the project, especially since the buyout by the Columbus Nova investment group. In a letter today to fans the new president of Daybreak Games, Russell […]

Read more here
0 x

kharis

Re: Everquest Next officially cancelled, Landmark launching Spring 2016

Post by kharis » 12 Mar 2016, 13:23

I bought into landmark when they first announced it so hopefully it turns into something half decent. Haven't looked at it in ages though
0 x

SuBw00FeR

Post by SuBw00FeR » 12 Mar 2016, 15:51

While Landmark is ok and decent in it's own right, I bought into it hoping to fund development for Next as well. I'm super fucking pissed off they've cancelled Next.

As soon as SOE cut them and they made Daybreak games, then David Georgesen was fired, I knew Next was gonna be cancelled at some point, I fucking knew it. Argh I'm so angry.
0 x
Main PC: i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz - 4x4GB Corsair RAM - SLI'd G1 Gaming GTX 980 - MSI Z77 MPOWER

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 12 Mar 2016, 16:19

SOE is Daybreak Games, just under a new name. Sony sold off SOE.

Otherwise, yeah, had grave concerns since the sell off but at least they're keeping Landmark around for the time being.
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Brewr

Post by Brewr » 14 Mar 2016, 01:42

I keep seeing this quote: "Unfortunately, as we put together the pieces, we found that it wasn't fun" when really the one that is a little more insightful is this one: "Creating systems in and of themselves is time and resource consuming; trailblazing new technology is even more so. Ultimately, we realized that cutting some features or going with a piecemeal solution was not going to deliver on the original vision or hit the expected quality bar."

TLDR: they ran out of time and resources and had to cut things which they were not happy doing because it made the game not fun. ie they canned the whole thing.

I have been playing Landmark also just sort of bought it for look and wholly dooly you can tell its apart of a game ie not a whole game its so basic the concept and feels so much like they're in denial its a Minecraft clone. I mean and even most of the buildings look so out of place no context to them.
0 x
http://postsofpartridge.blogspot.com.au/
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198014333343]Image[/url]