QuakeCon 2016: Let’s take a look at Prey

Player Attack News straight from the horse's mouth
NewsBot

QuakeCon 2016: Let’s take a look at Prey

Post by NewsBot » 05 Aug 2016, 10:38

We loved what we saw of Prey when it was revealed at E3, and now we've seen a little bit more. Here's a glimpse of the Talos I space station that Morgan Yu calls home, which is slowly also becoming home to the ominous Typhon aliens. This first-look gameplay trailer also features a selection of the tools, weapons and mysterious powers Morgan has at his fingertips, and the team at Arkane have also shed some more light on what's in store.
The post QuakeCon 2016: Let’s take a look at Prey appeared first on Player Attack.

Read more here
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Re: QuakeCon 2016: Let’s take a look at Prey

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 05 Aug 2016, 11:33

I know it's just a trailer, but that did nothing to inspire me. It looks like another sci-fi alien corridor space shooter.

The original 2011 Prey 2 cinematic trailer which had you playing an alien bounty hunter looked way more interesting, and still had a small tie-in to the original Prey. In fact watching it just then reminded me a lot like Guardians of the Galaxy.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

vcatkiller

Post by vcatkiller » 05 Aug 2016, 12:20

Yeah still isn't Prey. In fact I might just start calling it NotPrey.
0 x

LordPorksword

Post by LordPorksword » 05 Aug 2016, 14:27

Have to agree.
Going by this trailer, it looks like another 'run of the mill' sci-fi shooter that is abusing the name of a popular past franchise, it has no resemblance to. (Syndicate anyone!?!?)
Where's the funky gravity elements of the original games?

We can only hope that this is just a trailer that just doesn't do the game the justice it deserves...and the game itself has more depth that what we'll be expecting...
0 x

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 05 Aug 2016, 17:18

Just watched it here without sound (Still at work currently)
Without context I would have said the first half looked like a Deus Ex type of thing and the rest seemed to be some sort of generic Sci Fi alien shooter with shadow spiders (That totally reminded me of replicators from Stargate SG1) and a ..ghost monster..

A far cry from the Native American starring, portal traversing, compelling story/setting that the original drew me in with.
Maybe my opinion will change upon a rewatch when I get home. Still not convinced that this was the right way to go compared to the preferred sequel/continuation route though.
0 x