Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
DarkMellie

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by DarkMellie » 19 Feb 2016, 20:00

Add me on UPlay also, DarkMellie. I've unlocked half the map via story missions and would love to crew up.
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 20 Feb 2016, 12:38

I'm streaming the division beta for anyone interested.

http://www.twitch.tv/un4giv3nmadm0nk

Just gameplay.

Also add me on the uplays: spooler_4
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."

Matty

Post by Matty » 20 Feb 2016, 19:13

The Witness was just really really boring.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 20 Feb 2016, 20:06

I never really understood the buzz behind Jonathan Blow, Braid was just Mario with the rewind feature from Prince of Persia Sand of Time the only reason its even in my steam library is because I got it in a pack of games.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Matty

Post by Matty » 20 Feb 2016, 20:13

Yeah but Braid was an actual game, even if it was Prince of Persia: Mario. This feels like an iPhone puzzle game 500 times in a pretty environment which is made purposely ambiguous because of "art". In the end it's just not all that interesting.
1 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 20 Feb 2016, 20:59

Yeah I was interested from what little screen shots I'd seen until I watched the Good Game Pocket play through and was like cool that maze puzzle looks fun, oh there's another one... And another one, wait this is all just that puzzle. Did he just play bioshock and think "This would be cool if I got rid of all that pesky story stuff and shooting and just had a different version of that water pipe hacking minigame."?
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 21 Feb 2016, 00:20

Quite enjoying the Division beta... the world seems interesting, there looks to be lots to do and the basic shooty-shooty stuff seems solid.

Went into the DarkZone with no idea of what to expect, came across a Japanese trio whom I healed during their fight with the AI. They then decided to shoot at me, I stuck to a wall and yet they continued to shoot me... so it looks like lag is going to determine a lot of my PVP outcomes (potentially).

Stil, quite good fun in all... pretty as hell too.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 21 Feb 2016, 04:35

Be wary with all the Asian names Mellie, the Chinese especially... they love to hide in single access points and pvp.
2 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Forgetful_Lion

Post by Forgetful_Lion » 21 Feb 2016, 10:46

0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 21 Feb 2016, 12:07

Nekosan wrote:Be wary with all the Asian names Mellie, the Chinese especially... they love to hide in single access points and pvp.

Agreed ... what i wouldn't give for servers to be AU/NZ only.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 21 Feb 2016, 20:34

Finished playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. Enjoyed it as much as the first, with the gameplay elements of shooting, stealth killing, puzzles, etc. being much the same. I'm not a big fan of games needlessly sending you on scavenger hunts and random challenges, but for some reason I persisted in completing 100% of the game. The game looks visually gorgeous and I love the set designs, tomb themes, etc.

For those who are worried about the QTE, after a complete playthrough I can categorically say that the game has pretty much eliminated the QTE with only the following applies:

1. Press "X" on occasion to grab hold of a ledge you slipped from
2. Press "Y" to melee kill someone IF you managed to successfully dodge their attack.

That's it. No cinematic QTE (other than a brief moment to teach you how to dodge-kill). Seriously if you liked the first, give this one a go. At 33 hours worth of gameplay, I got my money's worth.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

kharis

Post by kharis » 21 Feb 2016, 21:43

Playing through the Witness, puzzles puzzles everywhere, not much story happening that I can see found a few audio recordings but thats about it
0 x

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 23 Feb 2016, 14:17

The Division is definitely a good game just from playing the Beta. Will now need to pre-order. Preferably on steam but considering can get it nearly half price for uPlay it's more tempting doing it that way.

If I remember to add you all on uPlay tonight, I will. If not, my name is Disruptor4 so just add me and we can crew up or whatever. :)
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 23 Feb 2016, 15:50

Finished off Deadlight yesterday. I haven't really been one for platformer style games in recent years but this one had enough in it to see me through to the end. Some clever sections, but also some annoying checkpoints. I particularly hate it when you have a checkpoint that involves waiting for an animation to play out and also repeats the same voice over each time. It just makes it all the more frustrating if you get stuck on that checkpoint for awhile. Ultimately the game started off really well but gave into some really cheap deaths as the game went on. The story also started out quite well but then went a little weird and wrapped up very suddenly. It's kind of like that had a great idea and concept, but didn't know how to see it through to the end.

Also played some of PES 2016 myClub, which is basically a F2P version of Fifa's Ultimate Team mode. It's pretty impressive and almost a direct rip of UT, so much so that I am almost wondering how they get away with such a similar copy. Game-play feels pretty nice and I have enjoyed playing against the COM teams so far. Once I get back into the swing of it I might try playing against some actual people. Pretty damn nice for F2P Pro Evolution Soccer anyway! Also discovered it is free to play on PS3 and PS4, so I've downloaded it onto my PS3 too.

Finally reached level 60 in BF4 on the weekend, which is the highest I have ever bothered to level up to in a BF game before. Still swinging from love to hate on a daily basis, but I seem to have thrown about 40 hours into it this year, so it must be doing something for me.

Feeling an itch to play Company of Heroes again, as that game never gets old, but it is a little harder playing games like that from the couch on the TV. Will give it a try with the keyboard/mouse on my little lap table, I also have Wargame Airland Battle to learn, but I think that will be even harder to play this way as some of the HUD detail is quite small.

And for my next game to complete in the 26 games challenge I am thinking I might make my way through Crysis 2, as that is another good looking game sitting pretty well untouched in my Origin account. I'm really enjoying the single-player FPS campaigns from the couch lately, and luckily I have a pretty solid backlog of them!
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 24 Feb 2016, 00:18

The entire night, sunk down the endless maw of Fallout 4. I can't even recall everything I did... found a bunch of places, cleared a bunch of bad guys, killed some dude and his friends in a furnace and took his Raider II power armour... cleared the castle, unlocked artillery, built up a stack of settlements, made a bunch more friends in other settlements, deployed intricate criss-crosses of paths between settlements... found a fatboy, a flamer, entered Vault 81 with 3 fusion power cores leaving me only 3 left, then found 15 inside the next 20 minutes at other locations...

EDIT: And the USS Constitution! And Charlestown! And that frickin' Queen Mirelurk. And I just realised this morning that now that I have artillery I can do the satellite relay that's just lousy with Super Mutants by blowing them all the fuck up. And I got confused with Artillery and dropped three of them on the Castle in the three spots on the ramparts. Should I only have placed one?

Just on and on and on and loving every second of it. It's going to get dumped for Division though.

Deadlight was a good game but I'm with you Meare, lots of pacing issues. Check out I Am Alive if you want something similar but with a bit more depth to it.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 24 Feb 2016, 11:26

You can dump as many artillery as you want, I just think it looks cool on each of the ramparts.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 24 Feb 2016, 11:58

it makes no difference how many artillery you have any more than 1 is purely for decoration.

However each settlements artillery has a range, so basically 1 in each is a good idea that way you can cover more of the map with artillery. That said i've found it to be a gimmick more than a reliable form of attack.
0 x

Artful-dodgeR
Location: A part of Victoria that is basically South Australia.

Post by Artful-dodgeR » 24 Feb 2016, 13:54

I might be lost but don't we have a free game/give away thread?

HCYVB-MQVQ7-PBW67
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 24 Feb 2016, 14:10

We did at GON, might need to create one for here...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Forgetful_Lion

Post by Forgetful_Lion » 24 Feb 2016, 15:52

Matty wrote:The Witness was just really really boring.
Should have played Rocket League instead :P
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 24 Feb 2016, 16:17

I agree with this statement
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 24 Feb 2016, 17:05

Artful-dodgeR wrote:I might be lost but don't we have a free game/give away thread?

HCYVB-MQVQ7-PBW67
Thank you! I actually didn't mean to claim this as I thought Steam showed you the title before you actually claim it, but as soon as I entered the product code it was in my account. It will certainly get played anyway as it has full controller support which always rates highly with me! And to follow on from your generosity I am going to kick off the "Pay it forward" thread again with a giveaway of my own! Thanks again!
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 24 Feb 2016, 20:24

kharis wrote:
I agree with this statement
This is how I felt with The Stanley Parable last weekend. I'm so glad I didn't pay full price for it.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 24 Feb 2016, 21:22

I'm so disappointed to hear it. After the quality of Braid, I expected really big things from it.
0 x

Giblet

Post by Giblet » 24 Feb 2016, 22:22

storm84 wrote:
I'm so disappointed to hear it. After the quality of Braid, I expected really big things from it.
I found it quite refreshing from today's games, having to really think outside the box. Very fulfilling when you have worked on a puzzle for ages and then it just snaps and you understand it.
0 x