Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
Sathias

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Sathias » 24 Mar 2017, 09:11

Yeah that's the problem isn't it haha.... damn real life :P Easter?
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

DedZeppelin

Post by DedZeppelin » 24 Mar 2017, 09:19

Sathias wrote:Yeah that's the problem isn't it haha.... damn real life :P Easter?
I'll be in WA over Easter. Haha.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 24 Mar 2017, 09:24

Oh thats right :D
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 24 Mar 2017, 10:32

Played some more No Man's Sky last night

When I first picked up the game I played it before the base building/land vehicles update had finished downloading. I still haven't had a chance to try that stuff out because you can't get a vehicle until you built the pad for it at your base and base building can't be done anywhere, you need to find a planet with an abandoned base, then go to it a claim it and build your base there, so right now I'm on a nice planet that I like the look off but I can't build my base there because it has no abandoned bases on it.

At the end of the day the game is fun for chill out playing on the couch but I still find myself being disappointed by it a lot, I'd love to be able to bring up a map of the planet showing what sections I've visited and mark custom waypoints on a planet to get back to a spot. at the moment I just fly around a planet visit everything once and leave to never return, its a well polished turd basically and its been making me crave some quality time with elite but I don't have the time for that at the moment.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Mini

Post by Mini » 24 Mar 2017, 10:43

Played a bit of the new Rocket League mode last night, enjoyed it as a bit of a different mode. But as with Rumble and Snow day, it is just another mode that isn't quite as fun as the standard mode. Will be good for practicing aerials and wall rides though.

Then played some Gauntlet with my brother. Awesome fun game at times, really easy to just pick up and waste an hour running through the dungeon. Need to start moving through the campaign rather than running endless mode. Either way it was a good time waster when we couldn't be bothered loading up something more time consuming or that took more brain power.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 24 Mar 2017, 13:15

$15 to unlock all the game modes in Super Mario Run.

You're dreaming Nintendo.
1 x

Artful-dodgeR
Location: A part of Victoria that is basically South Australia.

Post by Artful-dodgeR » 24 Mar 2017, 14:52

Tried Arkham Knight last night.

Holy shit is that a mess of a game. Played for 4 hours, uninstalled.
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 25 Mar 2017, 13:46

Warframe - Revisiting it and thinking it is probably the greatest free to play game out there. Hell, it's even a damn sight better than a lot of full price AAA games. Check out Octavia for a unique new character frame.

1 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 25 Mar 2017, 21:24

Warframe has got serious legs... such a great dev-team behind it.
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 25 Mar 2017, 22:45

I think it's still going to take me 5 years to understand half of the stuff in the game, but the gameplay really is damn good and the devs definitely are awesome for always adding more stuff and refinements. Finally built a sentinel today, damn handy as it vacuums up any drops around me and saves me from focusing on that. No idea where blueprints are now though, as you no longer just go to the market to buy them with credits. Think they are somehow attached to relic drops now. Adding it to the long list of stuff that I have no clue about.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 25 Mar 2017, 23:45

yeah warframe is some good fun, need to give it another run soon :)
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 26 Mar 2017, 14:58

Wasn't hugely enjoying Andromeda until today. Hadn't realised I could remap powers and hadn't really paid attention to my skill points. Now I'm biotic-charging and shotgunning errybody just like the good old days. That and right-stick click to change camera and suddenly I'm taking out a whole kett base without breaking a sweat.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 26 Mar 2017, 15:31

Mrs Disco and I spent a few hours playing Divinity Original Sin on XB1 today, enjoyed the hell out of it even if it is pretty dialogue heavy
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 26 Mar 2017, 15:40

Solved 240 puzzles in The Witness so far. Only had to "cheat" (i.e. look up solutions) a few times.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 27 Mar 2017, 01:50

Saw a kid playing Team Fortress 2 on his Macbook on the train. Made me reminisce about my many many hours playing on the Internode servers.

Then I decided to bite the bullet and put my hundreds of items on the Steam market, as I'm unlikely to play ever again.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Artful-dodgeR

Post by Artful-dodgeR » 27 Mar 2017, 10:19

I did that last year... Got about $80 from it in the end. That said I really cocked up some of my transactions (trade stuff instead of market) so lost about $20 of the overall value.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 27 Mar 2017, 10:40

Well $80 is still good, I'm likely to get similar as well I reckon. No regrets selling all your stuff?

There's a bunch of stuff I can't sell for some reason and I'm reluctant to let go of my bills cap and buds. I'm even tempted to re-download and play one more time :)
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 27 Mar 2017, 11:13

my mate malkman played about 2 games of DOTA with me, and he got an ingame item.
he sold it for close to $100 somehow. he hasnt played since.
0 x

Artful-dodgeR

Post by Artful-dodgeR » 27 Mar 2017, 14:04

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Well $80 is still good, I'm likely to get similar as well I reckon. No regrets selling all your stuff?
No rugrats.I sold my Dota 2 stuff for around $100 as well. I never went back to either game and at the end of the day they were just sitting there.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 27 Mar 2017, 14:08

Project Cars, damn this game is fun. Slowly working out which cars I like, and getting used to the driving. Next is changing my own gears, but that is going to take more practice. Trying to find a fun track to drive that has some good slow and quick sections. But struggling so far.

Also GR: Wildlands... the salt flats are awesome to cruise across at ridiculous speeds. So little cover when a heli flys over (Or you find a group of enemies), but so much fun.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 27 Mar 2017, 15:55

new Doom is fun but also has its issues, the pacing is kinda off, its all exciting when you are right in the middle of the combat with enemies all around you and you are just blasting them all away, then its over and you are just kinda wandering around to get the key or find the spot to jump up/climb down to get into the next room and that bit is boring as shit.
0 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 27 Mar 2017, 16:03

Mini wrote:Project Cars, damn this game is fun. Slowly working out which cars I like, and getting used to the driving. Next is changing my own gears, but that is going to take more practice. Trying to find a fun track to drive that has some good slow and quick sections. But struggling so far.

project cars is beautiful. i hadnt played it in a while, until i got the HTC Vive. Asetto corsa didnt have VR with the vive (it does now! in beta).
so i had been racing in pcars a lot more than i had in a long while.
at night with a full compliment of racing cars is stunning.

and yes! get a h-shifter +clutch and it really adds a whole other dimension to racing. dont drive auto.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 27 Mar 2017, 16:21

MuscularTeeth wrote:
Mini wrote:Project Cars, damn this game is fun. Slowly working out which cars I like, and getting used to the driving. Next is changing my own gears, but that is going to take more practice. Trying to find a fun track to drive that has some good slow and quick sections. But struggling so far.

project cars is beautiful. i hadnt played it in a while, until i got the HTC Vive. Asetto corsa didnt have VR with the vive (it does now! in beta).
so i had been racing in pcars a lot more than i had in a long while.
at night with a full compliment of racing cars is stunning.

and yes! get a h-shifter +clutch and it really adds a whole other dimension to racing. dont drive auto.
I have a G25 wheel... so already got the h shifter and clutch... clutch is still too much to deal with. Currently getting used to gears with the paddles, but thinking of moving to the gear stick. (Also I added a thread over in the racing section to try and organise some races between a few people)
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 27 Mar 2017, 23:14

I don't care how much shit people hang on it... Mass Effect Andromeda is excellent. Beautiful vistas, great variation in environments, outstanding gunplay (I can't get enough of combo'ing shit) and a great storyline. Sure, the facial animations are shit but I still remember when typing "GO SOUTH" and "OPEN CHEST" on a green-screen were the highlight of my gaming day. Two arks discovered, 6 or so walkable (and some only driveable) planets discovered and a shedload of Kett killed.

There's also more story here than I can handle both in side-quests or just written word. There's a hundred hours or more if you take it all in. I'm kinda skipping through early exposition and only watching cut-scenes or listening to dialogue that comes at the end of quest-chains.

Mini and others, my mate still runs a GoN Racin' league (although they use Automobilista with a V8 mod) if ever you were keen. Love project cars too, particularly fond memories of making this video in my favourite little track-toy;

0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 27 Mar 2017, 23:22

Been playing some Battlegrounds, enjoying the fuck out of it with a friend. Basically it's dayz with no false pretense of zombies and actual loot spawns... every couple of minutes a smaller circle is placed on the map and after the count runs out a gas forcefield moves in and fucks you up.

The longer you play the more you're forced into conflict.

100 players per game.

instant matchmaking.
1 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants