Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
Mini

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Mini » 28 Mar 2017, 07:58

Tried playing R6:Siege ranked and casual MP last night. I still just don't see that it works.
To me those games were always about beating a level, or killing all the terrorists. Maybe I need to go back and finish Vegas and Vegas 2.

More Rocket League, and I think I am getting worse again. Missed every attempt at a wall hit last night, just drove straight past them, not sure what I was doing.

Thinking some more Project Cars tonight, need to have another race. And I love driving the open wheel cars like the BAC Mellie, although I have to lean towards the KTM as my favourite.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 28 Mar 2017, 09:26

Hmmm I wonder if my racing wheel works with the Steam Link...
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 28 Mar 2017, 11:15

I've discovered Dark Souls 3 is one of those games like Pool, Darts or Poker, I do much better at it when I've had a few drinks, I guess it helps take the edge off and I'm not over thinking things anymore. Its going to take me a while to finish it because I don't get that many chances to get drunk and play video games anymore.

Also I picked up Mario Tennis for 3DS cause it was cheap and I need a break from Fire Emblem, Pokemon and Zelda when I'm travelling, I love those games but its all I've really played on my 3DS for the last 2 years, I'm not a fan of real tennis but I'm enjoying the game so far. I'm like... *googles current tennis players* Andy Murray when I'm playing as Diddy Kong, I'm just... *googles tennis terms* dropping shotting that ball down the line to get double bagels all the time.

Please Nintendo make Mario Cricket, Mario AFL or Mario NFL soon.
1 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

jambo

Post by jambo » 28 Mar 2017, 12:23

I'm having trouble juggling games at the moment.

Currently playing Diablo 3, STALKER SoC and No Man's Sky.

I keep focusing on 1 game and then I play 5-10 hours and then jump to the next one. Very disjointed feeling from it. I'll probably leave D3 until the weekend and make a new seasonal character. Hopefully I can remember to play so I can finish the damn Chapters! I got so close in season 9.
1 x

linxus

Post by linxus » 28 Mar 2017, 12:44

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Well $80 is still good, I'm likely to get similar as well I reckon. No regrets selling all your stuff?

There's a bunch of stuff I can't sell for some reason and I'm reluctant to let go of my bills cap and buds. I'm even tempted to re-download and play one more time :)
Never had and of the really expensive items, but decided to do the same thing last night, since I haven't played the game in probably a year. Only made about $6.70 so far. Possibly more if I wanted to unlock the crates I have, but for that I have to spend a good bit of money for keys... :P.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197975825451]Image[/url]

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 28 Mar 2017, 13:45

Got my week or two of annual leave starting from tomorrow approved; The Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 HD Remasters come out tonight in a few hours.
Me over the next fortnight as I binge play the KH franchise in 60fps including all the portable exclusives that I've missed (whilst also watching a live 7 hour WrestleMania on Monday):

0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 28 Mar 2017, 16:34

jambo wrote:I'm having trouble juggling games at the moment.

Currently playing Diablo 3, STALKER SoC and No Man's Sky.

I keep focusing on 1 game and then I play 5-10 hours and then jump to the next one. Very disjointed feeling from it.
Welcome! I'll send you out your membership pack in the post.

Right now it's Mass Effect Andromeda, but pretty soon it could swing back to Mafia 3, Warframe or whatever other game is subliminally implanted into my brain.
NotThatDoug wrote: I'm like... *googles current tennis players* Andy Murray when I'm playing as Diddy Kong, I'm just... *googles tennis terms* dropping shotting that ball down the line to get double bagels all the time.
fkn lol, doug
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 28 Mar 2017, 18:45

I've got into Factorio again. Crack addict of a game...
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Mini

Post by Mini » 28 Mar 2017, 19:28

Haha, I want to start that one again Matty.
Got sidetracked on other games and haven't made it back to it. But yes agree on the addiction level of it.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Matty

Post by Matty » 28 Mar 2017, 19:44

Mini wrote:Haha, I want to start that one again Matty.
Got sidetracked on other games and haven't made it back to it. But yes agree on the addiction level of it.
Let me know we'll play multiplayer!
0 x

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 29 Mar 2017, 13:18

Planescape Torment Enhanced edition coming to Steam and Gog April 12th.

Welp, I'm pretty content and over the bloody moon at this quite welcomed surprise :D
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 29 Mar 2017, 13:27

Ooooo, I never played it in my younger days... and have enjoyed the enhanced editions of the BG series...
Might have to pick this one up and attempt to smash out a play through.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

jambo

Post by jambo » 29 Mar 2017, 13:44

0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 29 Mar 2017, 19:21

Guess what game this is a sequel for (or at least a follow up to).
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 Mar 2017, 19:29

GamingKen wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 19:21
Guess what game this is a sequel for (or at least a follow up to).
If it's not Freelancer, I don't give a rats! :P
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 29 Mar 2017, 19:33

Mugsy wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 19:29
If it's not Freelancer, I don't give a rats! :P
Ha, well fuck, this is going to be disappointing for you then :P

It's a teaser for the next game by the Rebel Galaxy developers. That's enough for me to think it sounds promising!

(things to take from the .gif are that it is no longer limited to a single "2D" plane, and the addition of a cockpit view, while a developer post also says there will still be the external view)
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 29 Mar 2017, 22:32

Really? Rebel Galaxy is effing awesome. I'm in.
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 29 Mar 2017, 23:19

0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 29 Mar 2017, 23:30

Won our first game tonight in duo queue, about my 5th or 6th game i think.

0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Disco

Post by Disco » 30 Mar 2017, 11:27

Niice, I made it to 7th I think before getting ganked in that last match last night, so far my best kills in a match is 1..
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Mini

Post by Mini » 30 Mar 2017, 12:11

Is that Battlegrounds? Which is similar to H1Z1 King of the Kill?
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 30 Mar 2017, 12:36

Mini wrote:
30 Mar 2017, 12:11
Is that Battlegrounds? Which is similar to H1Z1 King of the Kill?
Yeah, it feels weird playing a game like that and getting weapons quickly, bit of a buzzkill if you die before your partner though.

Also the aiming and shooting feels super clunky and the controls are a bit messed up, but it was fun
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

phylum

Post by phylum » 30 Mar 2017, 23:05

I tried the TES card game Hearthstone clone. It played less like Hearthstone than expected... which says a lot because it's really similar. There are two "lanes" you can play cards into, and monsters can't attack between lanes which is a nice way to add depth to summoning and trades. Lots of the card mechanics work in the same way to HS, so it's like putting on a well worn glove. Monsters seem to be more important due to less removal and there's a system where you draw cards as you take damage which makes control interesting. Getting to draw when you hit certain health thresholds and there are certain cards that get instantly played when drawn like this, so it's a great way to counter a zerg opponent and generally dampen your opponent's momentum. Also the single player seems really interesting.

Also it seems a lot less grindy than Hearthstone, so this might be my new card game of choice. Worth a look in my opinion, but Bethesda have their own bloody launcher now so you'll need to get that.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 31 Mar 2017, 00:23

First night solo queuing, managed this:

Just need to get 4 of us on and win a squad queue now :D
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 31 Mar 2017, 23:52

Nice work, Neko!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Playing Quantum Break again. Really is an exceptional experience. Gunplay ranges from mediocre to really good but it's the time-powers you have that can really change it up. On Hard, it's starting to get a little challenging but cooking off each of your powers is really the key to survival... time-dash into melee into slowed-down aiming into a time-shield followed by a time-freeze and time-bomb and wow. Add into this the beautifully intense imagery of space and time being torn apart and it's an absolutely gorgeous world to move within. Currently 100%'ing each level to get an overall 1000G which will be the first game in a while that I've got this.

What really sets it apart though is the acting. Both the voice acting, image capture and then the live action scenes all have proper actors doing a properly great job of acting (alongside some expensive looking sets, with sub-par shooting elements.. like they'd already spent millions so decided to hire some kid to photoshop bullets and shooting effects). The live action sequences are genuinely interesting and the overall story is a fairly thrilling ride.

But as I was playing that, exe hit me up on Steam and noted that Remedy did Max Payne so it was distressing that the gunplay was so subpar... and now here I am, installing all four discs of Max Payne 3 because I have mental problems!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, Wargame. A series for which I own all its releases yet have a combined playtime of 12 hours. It's kinda like the Civilisation series, a set of games at which I am a putridly useless player, yet something like Europa Universalis IV I can do very well at despite it being a far more complex beast. Similarly with RTS games, I am woeful at Starcraft, abominable at Company of Heroes, but something about the insane depth and countering of Wargame appeals to me so I'm eagerly bashing my head against the brutal AI. Not saying I'm smart or anything, far from it, I think though that Wargame and EUIV are actually more easily decipherable than other more 'pure' RTS's... I still struggle to handle multiple fronts in any battle. Dunno.

Dead keen for multiplayer on either of these games though, so do hit me up if you feel the same way!
0 x