04 Apr 2017, 16:45
It is hard to game at night when you are in bed by 8:30... :lolno:
I swear Disco goes to bed at like 8pm.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Disco

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Disco » 05 Apr 2017, 11:34

Gaming just doesn't really consist of downtime for me anymore, I'd rather watch a few tv shows or listen to music and read before bed :P
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Mini

Post by Mini » 05 Apr 2017, 11:39

Haha, gaming is my downtime...
And is the main reason I don't play games that frustrate me.

Rocket League is now a 2 or 3 game a session game, as after that shit starts pissing me off.
R6:Siege is way more fun vs Terrorists than MP... actually completely hate the MP side of it.
Overwatch got to serious for my liking, and too much about character choice than anything else.

Probably why I have been enjoying PCars and Ghost Recon. I think I have got to a point where a co-op game is 100 times more enjoyable than a pvp game.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

jambo

Post by jambo » 05 Apr 2017, 14:05

I've found myself listening to a lot more music instead of gaming lately.

There is some cross over with stuff like puzzle games and Diablo III.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 05 Apr 2017, 14:17

Yeah it's just an age thing I guess, but gaming isn't relaxing for me, I like gaming but it's more of an activity I have to be in the mood for, and not really something I want to be doing right before I go to sleep
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 05 Apr 2017, 14:23

Yeah Overwatch community can be a hot bag of dicks sometimes. I love it but haven't touched it this competitive season

GTA V is pretty good fun Co-Op Multiplayer

I've mostly been doing single player stuff recently because of the extra travel we've been doing recently, thats the big problem with my list is a lot of the stuff is RPGs or big ass open world games and I don't get much time to play them because they don't run on my Surface when I'm in Perth.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Mini

Post by Mini » 07 Apr 2017, 08:16

For those interested, Dawn of War 3 beta registrations are open at the link below
https://www.dawnofwar.com/beta
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mini

Post by Mini » 07 Apr 2017, 08:37

Decided that I wanted to give Warframe another go... and I have a 9GB update from the launcher that Steam didn't download until I launched it :(
I may be able to play by tonight
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

jambo

Post by jambo » 07 Apr 2017, 09:39

Just get NBN.

Simple!
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Apr 2017, 09:43

You could do a me, spent ages downloading the 45GB odd game WWE2k17 through EA Access on XB1..only to find out that they removed it from the vault by the time it downloaded.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

jambo

Post by jambo » 07 Apr 2017, 09:47

I'm sorry, but that's actually hilarious.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 07 Apr 2017, 09:55

NBN will be here this year (June apparently)
Will be much happier once it is available. Although my net hasn't been horrible lately... just not great either.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 07 Apr 2017, 11:19

Decided to have a quick jump back into Team Fortress 2. I surprisingly had a good amount of fun.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 07 Apr 2017, 16:47

Mini wrote:
07 Apr 2017, 08:37
Decided that I wanted to give Warframe another go...
It's so good! The gameplay is grindy as hell if you aren't spending money on it, which I'm not (besides about $5 in the past), but if you enjoy the basics of Warframe combat and missions then the grind really isn't an issue and there are so many quests and missions types to do these days, plenty to keep you busy during the grind. I just got my second Warframe, Rhino,and loving the hell out of him. So long as I keep picking up energy I am near indestructible with his Rhino Skin ability. He is pretty damn easy to get too, once you know the boss mission you have to do to farm his parts.

Also, watched Bajo streaming last night and was really impressed by a PS4 game he was playing called Nioh - very Dark Souls inspired.

0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 07 Apr 2017, 17:22

Was able to pick up Ryse for $3US, so I'll give that a go this weekend.

Also got to investigate Sid Meier's Railroads! A coworker wants to give it a go multiplayer next week.
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 07 Apr 2017, 22:09

Gave Metal Gear Solid V a go today. I very nearly threw in the towel during the 3-ish hour prologue. I had to get up and walk away a few times because of how much it was trying my patience.
It's opened up now though and seems ok, but I'm half waiting for it to take away control again. I'll be done with it for real if it goes back to anything like the start of the game.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

linxus

Post by linxus » 08 Apr 2017, 08:58

From the April humble monthly (also came with The Witness/Black Mesa). If anyone wants key to the games below let me know.

Layers of Fear: Masterpiece Edition
Kingdom: New Lands Royal Edition
Event[0]
Tumblestone
Slime-san
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197975825451]Image[/url]

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 08 Apr 2017, 10:01

Yurtles wrote:
07 Apr 2017, 22:09
Gave Metal Gear Solid V a go today. I very nearly threw in the towel during the 3-ish hour prologue. I had to get up and walk away a few times because of how much it was trying my patience.
It's opened up now though and seems ok, but I'm half waiting for it to take away control again. I'll be done with it for real if it goes back to anything like the start of the game.
Keep at it. One of (if not the) finest stealth games ever made. So many happy memories.

Is anyone else going to get Steel Division? It's the latest from the Wargame makers and set in WW2. Been watching Stealth17 on youtube play it, looks awesome.
0 x

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 08 Apr 2017, 13:21

linxus wrote:
08 Apr 2017, 08:58
From the April humble monthly (also came with The Witness/Black Mesa). If anyone wants key to the games below let me know.

Layers of Fear: Masterpiece Edition
Kingdom: New Lands Royal Edition
Event[0]
Tumblestone
Slime-san
Are you seriously just giving them away?
This is the first Humble Monthly that I am actually kicking myself for passing, and am now wishing I got due to all the wishlisted stuffs.
I've already been on steamtrades trying to get a hold of Black Mesa all morning.
I'd love Event[0] :)
0 x

linxus

Post by linxus » 08 Apr 2017, 14:52

No way Ill ever play them all - got it mainly for The Witness :P.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197975825451]Image[/url]

Disco

Post by Disco » 08 Apr 2017, 15:37

DarkMellie wrote:
08 Apr 2017, 10:01
Yurtles wrote:
07 Apr 2017, 22:09
Keep at it. One of (if not the) finest stealth games ever made. So many happy memories.

Is anyone else going to get Steel Division? It's the latest from the Wargame makers and set in WW2. Been watching Stealth17 on youtube play it, looks awesome.
Steel Division looks epic
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 08 Apr 2017, 17:08

It's just Wargame but with new units and a few cool new features (like a Line of Sight tool). The shifting frontline is a great way to drive smarter gameplay because you no longer have the focal points as just roads and capture points. If OpFor start pushing in you'll see their frontline bubble out but it might be a single unit designed to draw your attention away from other areas.

Best thing though... it's new! And that means you can get onboard from day one rather than starting from WAY behind like I have in Red Dragon. Although talking to the guys in CTB that play it regularly, they mostly play against each other or AI as the 'meta' in Ranked or lobby-skirmish play is just so unrealistic.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 08 Apr 2017, 22:46

Played two matches tonight... the first was 3 of us against Medium AI... we got absolutely rolled. The enemy pushed hard down the centre (through a big factory complex) and then just ate the two of us working the flanks. They really are unrelenting. Working my way up to harder AI is going to take quite a lot of time.

Then it was 2 of us against Easy AI on the same map... much easier(durr). The starting pre-made decks are actually pretty solid, some sweet Command M5A1's (these confer bonuses to friendly troops within range), some nice artillery units and some super-efficient riflemen squads. Captured a smaller forest on the right flank and repelled everything that came at me. We started to take some heat in Phase C but came through with the win after I sent in a host of 4 P-51D Mustangs... the first one pulled all the fire and must have exhausted their ammo because my last three fucked them right up.

So, apart from the frontlines, there's a few other cool new things.

Each battle has three phases, A, B and C. In each phase, depending on how you construct your deck you get a certain income every 10 seconds along with an amount of income based on how much of the field your team owns. Each phase is like a phase of the war with improved technology and vehicle models like better tanks with more armour and more penetration and so on. I parked a phase B Marder 2 behind a row of hedges, completely invisible to the enemy and, after parking a supply truck behind him, just rained death down on some entrenched tanks and anti-tanks.

Highly recommend. I don't think I'll ever play ranked or multiplayer, I can see tens of hours of AI-skirmishing ahead of me and maybe some clan-only larger multiplayer matches. Certainly very keen to learn all the models (although I still don't feel done with Red Dragon though, so feel free to hit me up for games of that also).
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 09 Apr 2017, 12:05

Tried Red Dragon yesterday, left knowing absolutely nothing, if there was ever a game that needed a decent tutorial it's Red Dragon.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 09 Apr 2017, 15:05

Had no idea that R.U.S.E was also from Eugen. It's easy to see their Wargame roots but by crikey have they moved in a far more realistic direction.

Still, the titular Ruses are a cool touch and there's a much less complex but still meaningful series of counters in place. Also looks very cool when you zoom out of these massive maps and see that you're playing on a table in a command tent.

Hit me up tonight for some Wargame action!
0 x