Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
Dexterians

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Dexterians » 15 Nov 2017, 17:45

DarkMellie wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 22:57
Has anyone tried Fortnite Battle Royale on PC? It's free.
Nah, play a craptonne on Xbox or PS4 though.

Now they've added bushes and a new launch pad.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 15 Nov 2017, 18:04

I find the aiming on Xbox is just fucking woeful, can't get a kill to save my life (and normally i'm a monster on twiddle sticks). But on PC, top 10s for dayz.

Homefront Revolution downloaded for tonight (love my XBL Gold deals), hopefully it captures something of the spirit of the first which I quite enjoyed.

CoD WW2 multiplayer is good, singleplayer is sleep inducing.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 15 Nov 2017, 19:52

DarkMellie wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 18:04
I find the aiming on Xbox is just fucking woeful, can't get a kill to save my life (and normally i'm a monster on twiddle sticks). But on PC, top 10s for dayz.

Homefront Revolution downloaded for tonight (love my XBL Gold deals), hopefully it captures something of the spirit of the first which I quite enjoyed.

CoD WW2 multiplayer is good, singleplayer is sleep inducing.
Got me all excited Homefront was free
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 18 Nov 2017, 22:29

Soz!

Back online after a few days out. Picked up my new X1 (ahhh those new controller snappy-clicky-feels) and am now facing install and updates for;

Gears 4
Origins (already installed, yay!)
Shadow of War
Wolfenstein 2
Forza 7
Gears 4

... and a preorder of PUBG to top it all off :D
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 18 Nov 2017, 23:14

Played a bit of Payday 2 VR today, its pretty immersive and the gun play is pretty good. Haven't worked out all the controls yet so some of the mission objectives were hard to work out. Has potential though :D
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 19 Nov 2017, 00:36

Played through Wolfenstein: The New Order today. Took me longer to download it than to finish it. No regrets though, great fun.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 19 Nov 2017, 22:50

Very impressed with the Xbox One X. Much smaller than the original and with no power-brick, it's also a LOT quieter.

But best of all of course.. all the currently 'enhanced' games are looking fucking magic. Shadow of War, the other 'AAA' biggies are all absolutely stunning, but even something like Ghost Recon suddenly has this incredible level of detail at distance, turning the panorama from a colourful blur to a well-defined landscape. Everything has a better framerate too which is a huge positive, particularly games like CoD Infinity that previously was a bit muntered in singleplayer.

Extremely happy with my purchase (although really fucked off that I can't get Forza 7 to load as that's the one I wanted to play the most).
0 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 20 Nov 2017, 14:57

i want to try payday VR too
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 20 Nov 2017, 16:15

Payday VR is fun but the best VR game by FAR I've tried lately is Lone Echo. It's the first triple-A game for VR in my opinion.
0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 20 Nov 2017, 16:21

I'm not going to be able to afford VR (no time in the foreseeable future) but would love to see what it's like.

Is there anywhere you can go and demo/try the Rift or Vive? Even for just 5 minutes.
0 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 21 Nov 2017, 10:34

everyone ive shown VR too has been blown away, its really something else.

LONE ECHO? doesnt come up in the steam list - so it is on occulus only?
i wonder if it works with that rewire sfotware.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 21 Nov 2017, 10:47

MuscularTeeth wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 10:34
everyone ive shown VR too has been blown away, its really something else.

LONE ECHO? doesnt come up in the steam list - so it is on occulus only?
i wonder if it works with that rewire sfotware.
Yeah it's made by Oculus Studios. Looks like people have got it running on the Vive though.

https://www.roadtovr.com/lone-echo-echo ... vive-hack/
0 x

jambo

Post by jambo » 27 Nov 2017, 10:55

Finally got Destiny 2 on PC thanks to the Black Friday deal (only $58 AUD) and I've been loving it.

Put about 10 hours in and I've gotten to Level 20 with a Light of about 210 I think. Actually enjoying the story and side stuff that they've been throwing at me.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 27 Nov 2017, 13:51

Finally beat XCOM2:WotC on Commander mode. Now to uninstall the game forever and focus on something else. Probably the new Middle Earth game.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 27 Nov 2017, 15:57

Hah until Long War of the Chosen comes out.....
0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 27 Nov 2017, 16:20

How good is Xcom 2? It was on my watch list but then I was reading how you're under constant pressure to complete most of the missions quickly (I didn't read on because spoilers). But basically there were time limits involved.

Are you forced to complete the missions quickly? Tthat would put me off. I enjoyed taking my time and being meticulous when I played the 1st one.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 27 Nov 2017, 16:43

There's a few types of timed missions. They add a certain pressure, but there's enough time to do it reasonably comfortably. And if you get War of the Chosen, there's a potential resistance order to get a +2 counter, which makes the counter a non-issue. Think there was only one mission I struggled on, and that was because a Chosen turned up and bogged my soldiers down.

Most missions don't have a timer. Only thing that really annoyed me was those sweet spots on the map that were in line of sight to multiple squads.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 27 Nov 2017, 16:51

Sathias wrote:
27 Nov 2017, 15:57
Hah until Long War of the Chosen comes out.....
Never tried the long war. The regular campaign was more than long enough already! (Well over a year each time, with at least 2 full squads worth of Colonels)

If I went back, it would be to try Ironman - probably on Rookie difficulty.
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 28 Nov 2017, 20:38

I bought a Xbone controller on the weekend to try out with my PC, I haven't used a controller since the N64 was new.

My biggest problem is I forget which buttons do what (or at all) and then use trial and error to work it out. This invariably makes any and every situation worse. Apart from that it's not too bad though. It makes for a different sort of challenge with my games.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 28 Nov 2017, 20:41

I've got a Steam controller coming at Christmas. Never really used a controller so I think I'll be in the same boat...
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 28 Nov 2017, 20:47

Since I'm left-handed, I have started using a controller for most games. Reason being was I got sick of having to come up with binding schemes on a game-by-game basis. Most games are designed for console use anyway, so it wasn't too much of inhibitor. Probably took me a bit longer to beat Wolfenstein: The New Order, though. And I had to go back to mouse+keyboard for DOOM.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 01 Dec 2017, 23:58

All these new games on the Xbox, Rising Storm 2 on steam sale for a ridiculous $12.40... but the one game that is obsessing me is Assasin's Creed Origins. Fucking magic game.

Forza 7 - gorgeous, great fun, cool little challenges throughout, but really annoying that you have to collect lots of shit cars to increase your Collector level before you can the really nice cars.

Shadow of Mordor - it's the first one all over again. Not necessarily bad, but just confusing enough with it's bizarre tiny-big cities that I'm not feeling it.

CoD WW2 - great multiplayer, really enjoyable stuff. Singleplayer campaign is boring as all get out though, I just can't deal with that on-rails bullshit anymore.

Far Cry Primal - got this on the cheap too... playing survival makes for a very satisfying gaming experience. Also makes me long for Far Cry 4 which I sold long ago.

To The Moon on iPad! Makes me sad to even play it, I'm going to lose my shit at the end just like I did last time.
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 02 Dec 2017, 03:15

I think I'm done with Mario Odyssey, got like 630 moons, its still great fun but I don't see any reason to try and get all the moons

I can see myself jumping into a new game for a replay every couple of years like Mario 64 though

Back into Overwatch in a big way, I have a discord that I made just so a couple of mates and I could play Squad/PUBG, its somehow become the offical discord of my town with 30+ members, we are putting together an Overwatch team to compete in an upcoming tournament that the NT esports league are hosting, assuming the let some WA boys in.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 02 Dec 2017, 09:14

Hah, that sounds awesome Doug, good luck to you all :)
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 02 Dec 2017, 12:15

Well I grabbed an XOne for my kids for Christmas, and rather than be stupid and give it to them on Christmas day without opening it, it is now plugged in and installing updates...
Next is installing all the games I grabbed for them, and seeing how many X360 games I have will work with it. Also grabbed 2 extra controllers, so I now have 3 for it.

Also I just realised that Forza Horizon 3 is cross platform with 1 purchase, which means I have that for it as well... AWESOME!

Also been playing a fair bit of Crossout (So pay 2 win it isn't funny) and 7 days to die.
Crossout is some good automobile shooting fun, but you can tell the people who have thrown money into it and the ones that haven't... Still a bit of fun though.
And I made my own dedicated 7 days server that I have 4 of us on playing, (just me, my brother and his 2 kids). But we are slowly building up a slight building with supplies and getting some better armour.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord