Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
User avatar
Yurtles
Posts: 678
Joined: 29 Nov 2015, 22:06

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Yurtles » 01 Jan 2016, 16:02

I hate how MMOs take up so much of your time and leave you with very little to show for it. I spent most of last month play SWTOR and I can't for the life of me recall where I put all my time. I was playing Fallout 4 before that and I've got a ton of great memories of things I did and saw. But SWTOR? Eh.. I guess my character looks kind of cool now? Oh and I shot a lot of people who didn't really deserve it. That bit was ok I guess.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

User avatar
Mini
Posts: 2984
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:31
Location: Bendigo
Contact:

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Mini » 01 Jan 2016, 17:47

Matty wrote:
Mini wrote:Hmm... Vermintide is bloody hard when playing on your own with bots... because they are bloody retarded...
Need to play some online games I think, see how the groups go. Also need some friends to play with :(
Let me know when you are playing next and I'll play with you.
Awesome, I have seen Myth and Tim playing as well... might have to see if they are around (and happy to do low level stuff to get me going :))
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

User avatar
DarkMellie
Posts: 1441
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 22:36
Location: GoNer

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by DarkMellie » 01 Jan 2016, 18:18

Didn't realise I could use my Xbox One controllers on PC purely with a micro USB!!
0 x
Image

User avatar
DarkMellie
Posts: 1441
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 22:36
Location: GoNer

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by DarkMellie » 01 Jan 2016, 19:39

Yet another party I'm late to, but OH MY GOD ROCKET LEAGUE IS AMAZING.

Joined a 3v3 where my team was down 3 to 1, SCORED A FREAKIN' HAT TRICK to tie.. kept clear of the field and played my shots, was half a ball width off scoring the winner in overtime before the other team managed to put it away.

In the OT as well, the ball was open and heading to our goal, dude in front of me had an easy shot... I turbod and BLEW HIM UP to save the play.

GRIPPING!!
0 x
Image

User avatar
Matty
Posts: 1109
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 21:41

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Matty » 01 Jan 2016, 19:47

Mini wrote:
Matty wrote:
Mini wrote:Hmm... Vermintide is bloody hard when playing on your own with bots... because they are bloody retarded...
Need to play some online games I think, see how the groups go. Also need some friends to play with :(
Let me know when you are playing next and I'll play with you.
Awesome, I have seen Myth and Tim playing as well... might have to see if they are around (and happy to do low level stuff to get me going :))
I've played about 5 mins so we will be at the same level.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

User avatar
Mini
Posts: 2984
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:31
Location: Bendigo
Contact:

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Mini » 01 Jan 2016, 20:09

DarkMellie wrote:Yet another party I'm late to, but OH MY GOD ROCKET LEAGUE IS AMAZING.

Joined a 3v3 where my team was down 3 to 1, SCORED A FREAKIN' HAT TRICK to tie.. kept clear of the field and played my shots, was half a ball width off scoring the winner in overtime before the other team managed to put it away.

In the OT as well, the ball was open and heading to our goal, dude in front of me had an easy shot... I turbod and BLEW HIM UP to save the play.

GRIPPING!!

And this is exactly the reason we started a 2v2 tournament... some damn fine moments happening in amongst the hilarious moments...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

GamingKen
Posts: 1229
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 16:50

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by GamingKen » 01 Jan 2016, 20:44

DarkMellie wrote:Yet another party I'm late to, but OH MY GOD ROCKET LEAGUE IS AMAZING.
Be careful, it is rather addictive!! Go play a "Snowy Day" match, which is Ice Hockey and also damn cool!
0 x

User avatar
MuscularTeeth
Posts: 583
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 12:28
Contact:

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by MuscularTeeth » 01 Jan 2016, 21:14

i rocket league recently too. got 2 hours in so far. very fun.
and its a game my eldest can (sort of) play, which is GREAT!
0 x

User avatar
Sathias
Posts: 1884
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 16:59
Contact:

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Sathias » 02 Jan 2016, 09:56

According to the Steam Discovery Queue I just went through, Steam is now made up of approx 95% shitty space sims and shitty survival games.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

User avatar
kharis
Posts: 3109
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:59
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by kharis » 02 Jan 2016, 10:11

don't forget the roguelikes, but yeah the survival games are really annoying
0 x

User avatar
Nitephyre
Posts: 809
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 10:32
Location: ormeau@gc.qld.au

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Nitephyre » 02 Jan 2016, 11:09

OK, so it sounds like Rocket League is a game NOT to get for me. I tend to go overboard and play way to much if I enjoy a game... those who have Mincerafted with me will know that :D
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

User avatar
Mini
Posts: 2984
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:31
Location: Bendigo
Contact:

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Mini » 02 Jan 2016, 11:48

I don't think I have played anything but Rocket League and Elite: Dangerous in the last bit...
Now my brother has his internet back on we can hopefully get some co-op Dungeon Defenders 2 in, and some Dawn of War 2 last stand
Anyone else is welcome to come join us :)
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

User avatar
BishopOz
Posts: 9
Joined: 16 Dec 2015, 16:59

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by BishopOz » 02 Jan 2016, 12:14

Loving the crap out of Elite atm. Picked it up in steam sale and while the first few hours were quite frustrating and difficult, especially with mouse n kb, now im zipping around in my viper grabbing bounties and doing missions, docking at full speed :). Thinking about starting to mine soon as that looks pretty lucrative with the right setup.

Is horizons worth getting atm? Doesn't really look like much content, I should have just bought that I guess and got base for free. Aw well.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Matty
Posts: 1109
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 21:41

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Matty » 02 Jan 2016, 14:15

Sathias wrote:According to the Steam Discovery Queue I just went through, Steam is now made up of approx 95% shitty space sims and shitty survival games.
They tailor that queue stuff to you. Are you sure you don't like space sims and survival games? :P
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

User avatar
kharis
Posts: 3109
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:59
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by kharis » 02 Jan 2016, 15:36

they "fixed" the price for watchdogs, almost got it for the wiiu today (was at eb for <$20) then though, hold on its only $5 on steam......

oh well
0 x

User avatar
Sathias
Posts: 1884
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 16:59
Contact:

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Sathias » 02 Jan 2016, 21:24

Matty wrote:
Sathias wrote:According to the Steam Discovery Queue I just went through, Steam is now made up of approx 95% shitty space sims and shitty survival games.
They tailor that queue stuff to you. Are you sure you don't like space sims and survival games? :P
It must be because I've been playing Elite lately, out of the 13 games literally 8 or 9 of them were space sims, 3 or 4 survival games and 1 horror adventure game.

Speaking of Elite, I ended up giving in and getting Horizons. Planetary landings are good fun, but because I'm using a custom control set, I've got no idea how to map my lander buggy to my joystick. Using the same throttle controls as my ship doesn't seem to work very well.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

User avatar
kharis
Posts: 3109
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:59
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by kharis » 02 Jan 2016, 22:21

Everybody needs to play Undertale, that game is intense, might have to give it a rest before i try again for pacifist
0 x

User avatar
Mini
Posts: 2984
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:31
Location: Bendigo
Contact:

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Mini » 02 Jan 2016, 23:45

Dawn of War 2 installing... last time I played this it still had Games for Windows live included within it... so much nicer without it..
Now to attempt some last stand, anyone else want to come have some fun?

Also STUPID bloody Win 10 DVR... it had decided to record in the background even when I hadn't asked it too, just in case I wanted that last bit of footage. Well I kept kept RAM running low messages due to it, so found how to turn that off and PC working much nicer...
Now I am wondering when it turned on and if that explains other random lock ups I have been having.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

User avatar
Nacimota
Posts: 300
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 22:45
Location: Queensland
Contact:

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Nacimota » 03 Jan 2016, 05:38

So I just finished New 'N' Tasty. As an Oddworld veteran, I of course played it on hard and rescued all 299 mudokons, and I have to say this remake confirms what I have said for years: the only reason people find Abe's Oddysee so difficult is because there is no manual save system. It wasn't that any particular obstacle was really hard, it was that if you made a mistake you often had to do the previous five (or more) obstacles again as well. Like Abe's Exoddus, New 'N' Tasty implements quicksave system and that makes the game significantly less frustrating to play. The controls are mostly the same, for better or worse, though I do applaud the addition of mouse aiming for rocks and grenades (though, it would be nice if the aim didn't reset every time I threw something). Overall it's a fantastic remake, and I don't have any major negative things to say about it; in places I felt the atmosphere wasn't quite as good as the original, but I'm probably just nitpicking with rose-tinted glasses on.
0 x

User avatar
storm84
Posts: 1894
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 16:58
Location: ACT
Contact:

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by storm84 » 03 Jan 2016, 08:09

kharis wrote:Everybody needs to play Undertale, that game is intense, might have to give it a rest before i try again for pacifist
And here I was hoping to get through the Steam sale without so much as an impulse buy... Damn you!
0 x
Image

User avatar
Matty
Posts: 1109
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 21:41

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Matty » 03 Jan 2016, 12:00

Undertale is my game of the last year.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

User avatar
phylum
Posts: 203
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 12:40
Location: Adelaide

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by phylum » 03 Jan 2016, 12:59

I bought Mount and Blade: Warband in the Steam sale. It's amazing, and I can fully understand all the hype in around 4 hours of play so far.

The journey of Borris of the Woods has been quite humble so far. I chose to make him a fuck nobody, because I like being a bit of a worm and gradually working my way up in games like this. He spent his first week in Calradia captured by bandits, but soon gathered a small band of angry farmers with sticks to run some errands for Lords. After getting a lucky break collecting taxes, Borris went into trading goods across the continent. Tragedy struck when bandits robbed Borris of a large investment in oil, and soon he found himself stranded without men or money. Finding 2 angry farmers with sticks to rally to his side, it was back to odd jobs until he could make enough to hire a decent group again. Eventually Borris took to ambushing villager parties transporting goods, and made his money back that way. The world had taken from him, so now it was time to take back. Now with money in pocket and a larger band of 40 angry farmers with sticks, Borris could take on the world.

Bored of trading and simple plunder, Borris decided to lead his men into battle and ambush a village. The peasants gave no fight, fleeing instantly, so his band of men plundered what they could and burned the rest. Now significantly wealthier, his men got a significant upgrade and Borris himself purchased some better armor. Attempting to repent for his crimes, Borris is now striking out against bandits, banditos and outlaws around the world. So far there's little success, but he has a long life ahead of him to learn.

I repeat, 4 hours so far.

10/10

Also I didn't even get into how interesting the actual combat mechanics are, but who really gives a fuck when the stories are this fun?
0 x

User avatar
storm84
Posts: 1894
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 16:58
Location: ACT
Contact:

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by storm84 » 03 Jan 2016, 14:04

Playing Mirror's Edge has killed the LB button on my controller. 2/3rds of the way through the game, and now I need to wait until the one I ordered the other day gets delivered.

Will have to find a non-controller game in the mean time.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sathias
Posts: 1884
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 16:59
Contact:

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Sathias » 03 Jan 2016, 14:24

phylum wrote:I bought Mount and Blade: Warband in the Steam sale. It's amazing, and I can fully understand all the hype in around 4 hours of play so far.

The journey of Borris of the Woods has been quite humble so far. I chose to make him a fuck nobody, because I like being a bit of a worm and gradually working my way up in games like this. He spent his first week in Calradia captured by bandits, but soon gathered a small band of angry farmers with sticks to run some errands for Lords. After getting a lucky break collecting taxes, Borris went into trading goods across the continent. Tragedy struck when bandits robbed Borris of a large investment in oil, and soon he found himself stranded without men or money. Finding 2 angry farmers with sticks to rally to his side, it was back to odd jobs until he could make enough to hire a decent group again. Eventually Borris took to ambushing villager parties transporting goods, and made his money back that way. The world had taken from him, so now it was time to take back. Now with money in pocket and a larger band of 40 angry farmers with sticks, Borris could take on the world.

Bored of trading and simple plunder, Borris decided to lead his men into battle and ambush a village. The peasants gave no fight, fleeing instantly, so his band of men plundered what they could and burned the rest. Now significantly wealthier, his men got a significant upgrade and Borris himself purchased some better armor. Attempting to repent for his crimes, Borris is now striking out against bandits, banditos and outlaws around the world. So far there's little success, but he has a long life ahead of him to learn.

I repeat, 4 hours so far.

10/10

Also I didn't even get into how interesting the actual combat mechanics are, but who really gives a fuck when the stories are this fun?
You've just inspired me to re-install it :P
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

User avatar
Anon. E. Moose
Posts: 530
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 09:41

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 03 Jan 2016, 14:29

phylum wrote:I bought Mount and Blade: Warband in the Steam sale. It's amazing, and I can fully understand all the hype in around 4 hours of play so far.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-clash-of-kings
Best mod for the game, a Game of Thrones TC.
0 x

Post Reply