Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
Darius359au

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Darius359au » 07 Feb 2017, 17:00

just dropped in to WOW ,tokens are selling for 81k a pop atm ,they were around 31-32K a couple of weeks ago ,someone mentioned in chat that they seem to be going up by 800 gold every 10 minutes or so..
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 07 Feb 2017, 17:53

Decided I had better give Hitman a go after I impulse bought the full season last month. It's different to what I'd expected. But fun.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

storm84

Post by storm84 » 07 Feb 2017, 18:43

Think I'm getting to the end of GTA:V, which is good because I haven't gotten bored of it yet (ended up giving up on 4, and I had to grind to end Vice City & San Andreas), so hopefully I'm done with it just as Torment: Tides of Numenera comes out.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 08 Feb 2017, 00:08

I BEAT IT! THAT FUCKING MISSION.

Trojan ROV mission in X-Rebirth. You have to launch a drone and hack a station but no matter where I parked, the Albion Skunk would get destroyed before I could finish the mission. Parked inside a station this time, completely hidden, finally beat it. Next up I need to hire some marines to hijack a ship... the campaign now feels very much like an extended tutorial for the Free Play mode... which sounds great to me. Finish the campaign, then start my personal story.

To the above, Rebel Galaxy is awesome. I got up to the second sector though and stopped enjoying the grind... the game looked, from that perspective, like a repeat of the first area over and over and over until the game ended. Still, very cool and sexy little game.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 08 Feb 2017, 07:37

Just got a gwent beta invite. More card games.to suck at :)
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 08 Feb 2017, 14:07

6th and final playthrough of the Mass Effect trilogy done and dusted. About four years and 1000 hours of playtime to get through all six classes.

My body is ready for Andromeda.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Mini

Post by Mini » 08 Feb 2017, 15:00

That is one of my games on my pile of shame... the start of the first is so slow that I just never made it very far.
Determined to actually get through it at some point though...

Firstly I want to finish GTA V on PC, and then play through Hitman.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 08 Feb 2017, 15:06

It took me a couple of tries to get through ME 1 but I enjoyed it, then ME 2 improved pretty much everything that bugged me about the first.

I haven't had a chance to play anything since getting home, been too busy unpacking, catching up on TV and working. Tonight I'm going to attempt something from my list of games I need to complete before I can buy new games... I even printed out the list, laminated it and cut out the names so I can stick them on my wall and pull them down as I finish one...
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 08 Feb 2017, 15:14

Starting to get a bit frustrated with Long War 2, LW1 was hard but seemed somewhat fair, the new one is too easy on the lowest difficulty, but ramps up stupidly on the next level up. Last night did a Destroy Communications Relay mission on "Light" with over 100% infiltration, and the mission still consisted of 4 pods on the map and then an extra pod added every 2 turns :shock: I managed to finish it with some save scumming, and ended up with my guys killing 36 aliens in 13 rounds. There is no way I could Ironman this difficulty.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Mini

Post by Mini » 08 Feb 2017, 15:17

NotThatDoug wrote:It took me a couple of tries to get through ME 1 but I enjoyed it, then ME 2 improved pretty much everything that bugged me about the first.

I haven't had a chance to play anything since getting home, been too busy unpacking, catching up on TV and working. Tonight I'm going to attempt something from my list of games I need to complete before I can buy new games... I even printed out the list, laminated it and cut out the names so I can stick them on my wall and pull them down as I finish one...
I'm assuming this doesn't include the Gamecube and it's games?
I just grabbed the Humble Monthly bundle for Total War Warhammer... so it has been added onto Hitman, GTA V, Mass Effect, Payday 2.... the list goes on.

And I have pre-ordered Ghost Recon Wildlands...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 08 Feb 2017, 16:04

Gamecube games are just 1 item on the list. I've gotto wait for the RCA splitter box so I can wire it and my Nintendo 64 up to the same RCA to HDMI coverter that then goes into my monitor. when it's all set up I'm going to post a picture of my new setup it should look sweet
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 08 Feb 2017, 16:22

Mini wrote:That is one of my games on my pile of shame... the start of the first is so slow that I just never made it very far.

Firstly I want to finish GTA V on PC, and then play through Hitman.
Yeah, it took some effort to get the momentum going for ME1, and it definitely doesn't help the graphics have aged. Even ME2 had a bit of a slow grind element if you wanted to do all the miscellaneous exploration.

Probably going to fill in my time now with Dishonored 2 which was a $38 special from EB, along with some Battlefront and Titanfall 2.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

storm84

Post by storm84 » 08 Feb 2017, 17:07

One of these days, I'll play the Mass Effect trilogy. There always seems like something else to play, so I keep putting it off.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 08 Feb 2017, 17:12

I have decided I'm implementing a single player playlist of 3 games that I will be playing, along with MP games when others are about.
So far my list is GTA V, Hitman, and Baldur's Gate:EE

I can see the end for GTA, so it is the main target, and once it is done then Total War: Warhammer is coming on to the list.
So I'm not sure when I will get back to Mass Effect
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 09 Feb 2017, 07:23

I'm done with Long War 2. I don't know who they designed this mod for, it's ridiculous. The missions where the aliens attack your resistance bases consist of one or two pods teleporting on screen in an unknown position every round, while you also have to somehow get around and wake up civilians so you can control them to move them to the exit point, which also shows up in an unknown location, 7 rounds after the mission starts. Presumably even if you manage to get all your soldiers out, all the civilians you didn't have time to wake up get killed. It's just dumb game design and I expected better from these guys.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 09 Feb 2017, 07:33

Slowly getting my way back through the GTA V story.
Just finished getting everything ready for Trevor's heist on the military stuff. Managed to drive in and steal the helicopter really easily this time, I seem to remember it being harder when done on the XBox360, not sure why.
Also did one of the training missions on Hitman, now up to the final test.
Managed to get the poison into the guys drink and make him go spew in the toilets. then used the piano wire and killed him and stuffed him in the cupboard. And as no one knew what had happened I just strolled off the boat.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Karmic Skink

Post by Karmic Skink » 09 Feb 2017, 11:13

Sathias wrote:I'm done with Long War 2. I don't know who they designed this mod for, it's ridiculous. The missions where the aliens attack your resistance bases consist of one or two pods teleporting on screen in an unknown position every round, while you also have to somehow get around and wake up civilians so you can control them to move them to the exit point, which also shows up in an unknown location, 7 rounds after the mission starts. Presumably even if you manage to get all your soldiers out, all the civilians you didn't have time to wake up get killed. It's just dumb game design and I expected better from these guys.
I haven't made it that far yet, just getting endlessly annoyed at randomized stats of all the recruits without the ability to assign which class they are.
Yes game, I really needed all three of my sharpshooters so far to have their aim stat in the high 50s/low 60s.

Some of the decisions about pods in missions are just boggling. I do enjoy a few of the new systems though.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 09 Feb 2017, 11:19

I use the Guerilla Tactics School a lot in those situations, it's the first building I build. One, people with very high or very low aim you can put into a suited role, two, officers are essential. I aimed to have 3 available so I can always have one on each mission. But yeah some of the design decisions are a shame because there are a lot of improvements as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
0 x

Karmic Skink

Post by Karmic Skink » 09 Feb 2017, 11:26

Yeah I didn't realise it would take me so long to get any sort of supply income happening and foolishly went for the AWC first.
I'm kinda finding the game overly tedious compared to the base game, playing ironman probably isn't helping.

Also missions with a 1d available infiltration time I've been just outright ignoring, tried with a tiny team and a max size squad. Nowhere near worthwhile even attempting those.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 09 Feb 2017, 20:07

I don't even look at any missions less than 5 days. If I can't take a squad of 6 at 100% infiltration the risk vs reward doesn't seem worth it.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 09 Feb 2017, 21:21

Mini wrote:That is one of my games on my pile of shame... the start of the first is so slow that I just never made it very far.

Don't feel bad, my friends loved them so much that one of them purchased all the games for me and all bar 1 are still in the plastic wrap. Everyone RAVED over the story in Mass Effect but having grown up on science fiction it was just "babys first sci fi" to me and i think i spent the first 3 hours screaming "JUST LET ME PLAY THE FUCKING GAME ALREADY!" then uninstalled it.

I don't want to walk around a fucking linear ass space station being forced to talk to everyone and listen to bad dialogue for 40 mins between every mission. If you want to teach me, do it organically or find a writer who can hook me in.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 09 Feb 2017, 21:47

Nah Neko, the payoff for Mass Effect is the last 20 minutes of the game which sets up 2 and 3. Worth it.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 09 Feb 2017, 22:33

DarkMellie wrote:Nah Neko, the payoff for Mass Effect is the last 20 minutes of the game which sets up 2 and 3. Worth it.

I can't do it, I like to think i give things a decent try but if I have to finish it to appreciate it then it isnt for me. It always shits me when i dont like a tv show etc and someone says "you just have to get about 11 episodes in and then it clicks". :lol:
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 09 Feb 2017, 22:45

Been getting back to a bit of gaming and mostly getting my way through some singleplayer games. Managed to 100% Grow Home the other day and had a really good time doing so.

The first time I played this game I dismissed it as repetitive, thinking it was all about just growing the plant to the top, but that was such a small part of the game and is over quickly. This game is really about going back for all the little side missions and extras presented through the achievements, such as collect all 8 Star Seeds, find 100 crystals, data banking specimens, etc. It really gets you exploring the world and coming across sights you can easily miss on your journey to the top. It took me back to games like Super Mario 64 and Spyro, classic 3D platformers, but in this case in a single world/level, and even reminded me of Journey, not so much for amazing story telling Journey gave us but, having also achieved 100% in Journey a few years back, for the fun exploration the rest of the game had to offer beyond the main goal. And by the end, B.U.D. is a much easier character to control (and requires so little actual climbing), due to upgrades after certain levels of crystal collection. So much so that I could fly endlessly around the world with an unlimited rocket-pack.

It also has great sound design, making it best played with a good set of headphones, with little audio hints everywhere helping you track down hidden, or hard to find, objects such as the 100 crystals. Great game, and one I'm glad I gave a second chance!
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 10 Feb 2017, 23:54

No one plays ME1 because they like it. You play ME1 so you can play ME2 and ME3. :P
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!