Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
MuscularTeeth

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by MuscularTeeth » 16 Jul 2018, 08:39

ah cheers mate, thank you.
i was knackered last night i fell asleep on the couch and woke up at 11:30.

i think i need a mic cos i feel rude trying to type to you. slow you down.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 16 Jul 2018, 11:38

Nekosan and I are installing Warframe on PC atm.. could be fun, seems like it's got a bit of a learning curve tho.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Mini

Post by Mini » 16 Jul 2018, 12:01

Huge curve, send me a message if you are jumping into it. I will happily shoot some stuff :D
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

kharis

Post by kharis » 16 Jul 2018, 15:58

i should be around later on (probs around 9pm) if you need a fourth
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 16 Jul 2018, 18:42

MuscularTeeth wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 08:39
ah cheers mate, thank you.
i was knackered last night i fell asleep on the couch and woke up at 11:30.

i think i need a mic cos i feel rude trying to type to you. slow you down.
How did you not get a mic with your xbox!

I have the parts for Frost for you tonight, I'll be on after 8pm. Just need you to join the game, come to the dojo with me and I'll trade them to you (you just need to give me a single item, preferably a mod that you have multiple of - the game won't let you do zero trades).

This will be your last chance as I'm in Sydney from tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday night!

I just unlocked the Hek shotgun, apparently one of the best shotties, and am building a warframe called Nezha that you can only get via clan research. Having such a good time!

Soz to others that I'm not playing on PC :(
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 16 Jul 2018, 19:08

Well I didn't get far..

0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 17 Jul 2018, 09:43

Just in case anyone has the same problem, after a few hours troubleshooting and reinstalling Warframe I found a way to fix the above bug.. just change the language to German, and boom, it worked. Once it started downloading the updates I just changed it back to English.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 17 Jul 2018, 10:01

I love random issues like that. Makes no sense at all, but does the trick.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 17 Jul 2018, 10:04

Mini wrote:
17 Jul 2018, 10:01
I love random issues like that. Makes no sense at all, but does the trick.
Yeah I tried heaps of different tricks from online even reinstalled but no luck, that one random thing did the trick

Also finally got a Magic the Gathering invite, except it's for an event only that starts at 10PM and finishes at 6AM AU time :(
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 19 Jul 2018, 19:56

Are you sure Disco? There is a stress testing event which is giving better rewards during that time, I'd be surprised if they kick you off afterwards though?
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 24 Jul 2018, 20:54

Warframe is going OFF. Regular 4 man party going every night... doing Sorties, the end-game mission component for Warframe. Three missions, level 50 to 100, each with special difficulty points (enemy armour augmentation, ambient radiation damage, etc). Brutally difficult even for three fairly high level Rhinos.

Got me my Arca-Plasmor, a devastating clan-researched laser shotgun, fitted it with a potato (to increase mod capacity to 60 points) and with some seriously maxed out mods. Currently running a 200% crit-chance with 2.9x damage, does 4,000 blast damage... shreds face!

Now it's just about maxing out my credits to afford all the mod upgrading... need a bunch of formas to start halving mod costs across various frames, sentinels and weapons to really max out and make these missions a bit easier.

Outside of that, Humble Bundle this month is a good'n. Also about to start playing Wuppo from a previous bundle... the number of cartoony RPGs/platformers with 'overwhelmingly positive' ratings that don't get played on my game list is a bit of a disgrace.

Also, probably 40 hours into Zelda BotW and just beat the first boss (the Zora water-elephant thingy). Loved that the fight wasn't at all what I was expecting, and love that it was a dungeon followed by a mini-boss!
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 27 Jul 2018, 18:58

Still warframing. Crazy. Forma'ing weapons, building up damage and defense, going straight off. Longest consecutive period of play in a single game for me since EUIV. Currently doing the daily sorties trying to get a legendary core (highest-rated reward, maxes out a single mod without costing credits or endo... would save tens of hours of play), and slowly building up my Operator's abilities so I can complete the next major quest, 'The Sacrifice.'

Played No Man's Sky briefly last night... planets are SO MUCH prettier now. Contemplating starting a new game (old one is only 35 hours or so) just for the hell of it.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 27 Jul 2018, 19:09

DarkMellie wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 18:58
Played No Man's Sky briefly last night... planets are SO MUCH prettier now. Contemplating starting a new game (old one is only 35 hours or so) just for the hell of it.
I grabbed it on PC, and have been having great fun. Tested out the MP. And you can definitely see people and crash into their stuff.
And even use their refineries and stuff.

I'm slowly making my way through the missions to get everything unlocked.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

linxus

Post by linxus » 28 Jul 2018, 20:07

I know Im late to the party - but damn - BOTW is addictive. Barely gotten out of the first area - after being sent by someone to find someone else. It's just a lot of fun :D
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197975825451]Image[/url]

Disco

Post by Disco » 29 Jul 2018, 09:30

linxus wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 20:07
I know Im late to the party - but damn - BOTW is addictive. Barely gotten out of the first area - after being sent by someone to find someone else. It's just a lot of fun :D
Man, I didn't like it at all, I played it for a few hours, put it down for a year, then sold it a few weeks ago
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

kharis

Post by kharis » 29 Jul 2018, 10:10

Warframe people anybody got a clan I can join on PC, finished off the new missions and got the gara schematic and have almost unlocked the phobos thingy after mars (just need to scan some stuff, which i can't find so should be interesting) did a few pug void missions which was fun too. ended up switching back to my excalibur which is max level to make things easier

Still really lost though, I know I need to get to the phobos to continue my quests so people to annoy would be great.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 29 Jul 2018, 13:28

linxus wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 20:07
Great game! The boss battles have been my favourite bit so far (have only done one though).

NMS is being extremely frustrating. Trying to do a new start and I refuse to grind out a hostile planet so I've restarted the game... 15 times... and still haven't come across a hospitable planet. I'd love to do the survival mode but not if that's the way you have to start out. Very frustrating.

Also discovered that my big brother who was never much of a gamer got himself a 1080ti and is now on Steam almost every night. Got him to install Warframe... would dump my new clan-friends on xbox in a second for a chance to game with my brother.. even if our ping will be 260 seconds!
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 30 Jul 2018, 00:23

Found a good planet! Minimal toxicity issues and abundant mineral resources... as well as a bunch of vortex cubes which i think are valuable? Next door is a verdant world so my new game is off to a great start.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 30 Jul 2018, 09:20

Nekosan and I had a crack at NMS, were having a good time too but the forced missions/tutorials go on FOREVER
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 30 Jul 2018, 16:37

I finished the tutorial areas, and now have a ship and a hyper drive...
But I stopped at that point.

Also I can't see a way for me to take that progress with me when I join someone else's game... But I also haven't looked too hard.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 30 Jul 2018, 23:56

I finally get my game cranking... then go to mine some copper... and am immediately sucked underground by terrible geometry to drown in a subterranean cave.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 31 Jul 2018, 10:05

Disco wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 09:20
Nekosan and I had a crack at NMS, were having a good time too but the forced missions/tutorials go on FOREVER
I like them, it gives some guidance without getting too demanding. BTW if you want to build anything in particular you can "pin" the plans and it will replace the "forced" missions with objectives that get you closer to the item you are trying to build. I wanted to build an Advanced Mining Laser after a big cash windfall so I pinned the recipe, and my objectives instead told me what I needed to build for the laser.

I have two games going now, one where I play casually with a few mates and another I've started in survival mode. My survival one has an ambient temperature of 65c so I need to keep finding sodium to keep healthy, but enjoying the challenge atm. I'm not far from getting my ship back up and running so then I'll be able to find a more hospitable base planet.
Mini wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 16:37
I finished the tutorial areas, and now have a ship and a hyper drive...
But I stopped at that point.

Also I can't see a way for me to take that progress with me when I join someone else's game... But I also haven't looked too hard.
It should just take your character, progress and inventory into your friends game. I joined my friends game last night pre-hyperdrive, but he happened to be on a planet with no copper, so I was a bit stuck. So I quit, loaded up the same save on my own planet, got the copper I needed and finished my hyperdrive. I should now be able to join my friend's game without issue.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Disco

Post by Disco » 01 Aug 2018, 13:23

I see This is the Police 2 has been released.. and still has a never ending story line, when all I want is to manage my tiny police force on the map.

Can someone make that a game please.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 05 Aug 2018, 22:19

Went back to my No Man's Sky playthrough... so glad I did.

Recovered my body (after getting sucked magically underground again) and then dug my way out with the terrain manipulator. From there it was following the Awakening mission which was all fine... until... I warped into a new system and there was a fight underway which I joined in on and after killing about 6 enemy ships was invited to visit the captain on his freighter. Did so, he tells me he's worn out by his job and frickin' GIVES ME HIS FREIGHTER.

So now I have a freighter, and an attack squad. Gotta farm some goodies to start fitting it out but hotdamn, colour me happy :D
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 06 Aug 2018, 10:03

I ordered Zelda on the Switch last week, which I said to myself I wouldn't do until I finished Mario Odyssey. So over the weekend I played a good chunk of Mario and I am now up to the wedding fight (I'm assuming it is the final fight) Died a couple of times and took a break. Will hopefully finish it off tonight or tomorrow. Had great fun in the game so far though, and I know I have missed so many things.

Also been playing Spintires Mudrunner, this game is great for some random mud driving in ridiculous trucks, but hardcore can shove it. why is picking up a log so bloody hard... It makes Farming Simulators tree cutting and picking up look easy.

And I have finally started playing Defense Grid 2, doing the story Co-op with my brother and having some great fun. It does feel a lot easier having 2 people playing with 2 powerups and 2 different tower types... but still good fun, and slowly going through the story.
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord