Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
MuscularTeeth

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by MuscularTeeth » 18 Feb 2019, 18:31

the small time you left and we kept playing - we came 2nd twice. I like the game speed being faster than typical pubg game.
haven't seen a hacker yet but apparently they are banning them- so they do exist.
0 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 18 Feb 2019, 18:31

the small time you left and we kept playing - we came 2nd twice. I like the game speed being faster than typical pubg game.
haven't seen a hacker yet but apparently they are banning them- so they do exist.
0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 12 Mar 2019, 18:32

The kids had a curriculum day so I took them to a local play center to burn off some energy.

They had this 4 player virtual reality setup called a Hologate (they were HTC Vives) so we all had a go.

It was great fun. First we played a cute penguin game where you shoot snowballs and then a samurai game (which I thought was best). There were 2 others that we didn't try.

Was my first real VR experience - wouldn't spend $1000+ on buying one for myself but was really fun.

I'm not affiliated or plugging it but if you want to try VR and have a kid you can take with you (so you don't look weird) then this was where it was: https://www.gravity-zone.com.au/booking ... /hologate/
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 20 Apr 2019, 13:19

Only a month since the last post.. sad days!

Well to contribute, I bought Assassin's Creed Odyssey last week and have been having a blast with it, really enjoying the combat mechanics and as my last favourite AC game was Black Flag, it's great to have naval combat too.

Also played Division 2 with Nekosan last night and enjoyed it, it's been a few weeks and it looks as though they've nerfed the hell out of the enemy, or buffed the guns, or something.
0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 20 Apr 2019, 16:24

I got The Division 2 for free with a new graphics card. I've almost no idea what it is and am going to check it out without Googling it - all I know is I will be shooting some stuff!
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 20 Apr 2019, 16:30

Over the last month, I've been playing nothing but Into The Breach. I'm slowly making my way through the achievements - 41/55 now. It's getting really hard to do the last ones...
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 23 Apr 2019, 11:07

My gaming is solely between Guild Wars 2, Satisfactory and Rocket League.

Satisfactory has really impressed me for an early access game, no game breaking bugs, everything works, and a good chunk of content already in the game. the devs are also really invested in getting updates out with more content, so it will be staying on my rotation for a while to come.
Very much a game for anyone that liked the factory building side of Factorio but wished they could make stuff in 3D.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

storm84

Post by storm84 » 21 Jul 2019, 19:02

Haven't had any time to game in a while, but managed to spend a few hours this weekend with RUINER. Really impressive gameplay, matched with a cool cyberpunk aesthetic.

Also played through Minit recently - it was okay. Cute premise, though nothing especially challenging.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 21 Jul 2019, 21:52

I've started playing The Sinking City and really like it so far, I loved the detective elements (no pun intended) from Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, this takes that system and put it into an open-world Cthulhu story. Pretty cool so far.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Disco

Post by Disco » 20 Mar 2020, 09:50

Rolza wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 18:26
Did anyone still playing Escape from Tarkov or playing to start? I had written an article for beginners that could help you start playing :) [removed link]
Oh yeah, I was thinking of doing a review, only need three words, "Fuck. That. Game.".

I forgot this thread existed.. :lol: I'm hopefully picking up Animal Crossing: New Horizons assuming Mrs Disco might be nice enough to go get it for me since I've been sick :shh:
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 31 Mar 2020, 12:38

Bannerlord is out people!
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 31 Mar 2020, 15:48

Eh, Early Access... I will let other people be the Beta testers
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 31 Mar 2020, 17:46

Mini wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 15:48
Eh, Early Access... I will let other people be the Beta testers
You pay for early access, you get early access - I feel early access fatigue too, but I've been hanging out for this for so long that I don't care, as long as they work with the community like they always have I'll get my money out of it.

Plus, I'm probably going to get let go at work after today's incident with the boss, so, time to play?
0 x

Nitephyre

Post by Nitephyre » 31 Mar 2020, 19:35

Ooh, Story Time! I like Stories :D
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Disco

Post by Disco » 18 Apr 2020, 08:58

Haha the forums so fucking dead the report button is broken :lol:

Saw that the new DLC for Fallout 76 seems to be decent and thought "I'll pick up the base cheap and give it a go" nope.

$55 for a game that was possibly the biggest flop of gaming in 2018? :lol: Not happening.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 18 Apr 2020, 09:19

Nevermind, turns out the DLC is free - and $14 for a used copy at EB Games, I'm back in baby!
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 18 Apr 2020, 12:13

Disco wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 08:58
The PA theme is working at least :P

But yeah, very sad that the forums are dead. It's a pity that we didn't have more GON peeps transition over here (did the others go somewhere else or did the old GON community just fizzle off?).

And yeah, the report button being broken is annoying when that/those scammer(s) bombard the forums with their gibberish posts. But admin seems to get around to solving the issues quick enough.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Disco

Post by Disco » 18 Apr 2020, 12:29

Mugsy wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 12:13
Disco wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 08:58
The PA theme is working at least :P

But yeah, very sad that the forums are dead. It's a pity that we didn't have more GON peeps transition over here (did the others go somewhere else or did the old GON community just fizzle off?).

And yeah, the report button being broken is annoying when that/those scammer(s) bombard the forums with their gibberish posts. But admin seems to get around to solving the issues quick enough.
Yeah I don't know hey, GON was booming back when it was GON.. PA, never really took of the same way but it was way busier in the earlier days. Guess most of the others just moved to other media, facebook/twitter or the like? Dunno, I feel like those are too in your face with whatever is popular. Forums? Don't like the politics? Don't go to that section.

Wonder how long it will be before they shut it down? No point keeping it going really. As for PA theme.. might was well make it a NVN theme, those weirdos post more than anyone else here does :(
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 18 Apr 2020, 13:15

Disco wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 12:29
Yeah I don't know hey, GON was booming back when it was GON.. PA, never really took of the same way but it was way busier in the earlier days. Guess most of the others just moved to other media, facebook/twitter or the like? Dunno, I feel like those are too in your face with whatever is popular. Forums? Don't like the politics? Don't go to that section.
Agree. I don't use social media for that exact reason. Switching back to Android and having so many alerts on things is enough for me... I enjoy my privacy and will go to the threads I'm comfortable with.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 22 Apr 2020, 14:54

Now I've done it... downloaded Mortal Kombat on mobile and am absolutely hooked, especially since I've figured out how to maximise my economy by farming quests for unlocking gold characters (i.e. tough and dishes out heaps of damage).
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 23 Apr 2020, 09:48

Disco wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 09:19
Nevermind, turns out the DLC is free - and $14 for a used copy at EB Games, I'm back in baby!
It's become a really good game IMO. I'm on my third character.

Anyone else psyched for XCOM: Chimera Squad this weekend?
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

kharis

Post by kharis » 23 Apr 2020, 17:12

Hmm I own fallout 76 and played it for about half an hour at launch, the question is could I be bothered sitting at my pc when I could just sot on the lounge and play star dew valley instead.

Saw the trailer for chimera squad, I enjoyed Xcom but might wait a bit. I cbf doing anything atm
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 24 Apr 2020, 09:30

Chimera Squad is a decent game but it's not the full xcom experience from IGN's perspective:

I've still yet to play x2 so I'm giving this a miss.

Having too much fun with Mortal Kombat mobile.

I love how the game has a Quest mode where you can send a team of MK heroes off to do a side quest. Depending on the character levels, your team's chance of success is higher. You can't use those heroes to progress the battle mode or any other towers when they're on a quest (but can use them in multiplay) but that's OK... the idea is that when you're not playing, you can still earn resource for purchasing more characters.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Nitephyre

Post by Nitephyre » 24 Apr 2020, 20:20

So I'm trying MKM out and I really don't like not having kontrol of my karacters aside from just blindly tapping and the odd swipe... it feels Wrong.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 24 Apr 2020, 20:55

Nitephyre wrote:
24 Apr 2020, 20:20
So I'm trying MKM out and I really don't like not having kontrol of my karacters aside from just blindly tapping and the odd swipe... it feels Wrong.
Yeah, you need to not expect it to be a fighting game when it's in fact a tapping/swiping game, a card collecting game and a farming game combined. Ironically, it was the fact that the imitation Dpad + attack buttons on other games that annoyed me and made me find tapping/swiping more enjoyable as a control scheme. I love Streets of Rage 2 and Golden Axe but using a fake Dpad wasn't satisfying at all.

If only they had finished releasing Kombat Packs for MK11... I'd be buying it now if that was the case.
0 x
CherryRed wrote: