This is where all the random stuff goes
Disco

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Disco » 25 Apr 2020, 11:15

Sathias wrote:
23 Apr 2020, 09:48
Disco wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 09:19
Nevermind, turns out the DLC is free - and $14 for a used copy at EB Games, I'm back in baby!
It's become a really good game IMO. I'm on my third character.

Anyone else psyched for XCOM: Chimera Squad this weekend?
Turns out I'm REALLY bad at it.. died on Deathclaw Island (shoulda known better, but it was a quest), can't get my shit back. Can't kill the Deathclaw. Asshole.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 26 Apr 2020, 18:20

Disco wrote:
25 Apr 2020, 11:15
Sathias wrote:
23 Apr 2020, 09:48
Disco wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 09:19
Nevermind, turns out the DLC is free - and $14 for a used copy at EB Games, I'm back in baby!
It's become a really good game IMO. I'm on my third character.

Anyone else psyched for XCOM: Chimera Squad this weekend?
Turns out I'm REALLY bad at it.. died on Deathclaw Island (shoulda known better, but it was a quest), can't get my shit back. Can't kill the Deathclaw. Asshole.
Interesting, both times I've done that quest the Deathclaw has wandered off and I've managed to sprint in and get the eggs.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Disco

Post by Disco » 27 Apr 2020, 08:32

Sathias wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 18:20

Interesting, both times I've done that quest the Deathclaw has wandered off and I've managed to sprint in and get the eggs.
It was literally patrolling from one side of the island to the other, I ended up sneaking in as close as I could until it noticed me, then running to the egg, and sprinting it as far away as I could before I died.. then repeated the process until I was far enough away to retrieve my loot without dying again.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Apr 2020, 08:41

OK, I think I'm getting into MK mobile a bit too much.

- been diligently building up a roster of both good heroes and shitty ones that can be used for farming quests (quests are passive tasks to send characters on that net you 'souls' the main currency for getting Gold card characters
- got my daily routine set up for maximising all the sources of obtaining souls and koins
- woke with an unsettle tummy last night and found myself resetting up quests before I went back to bed
- finally got me a Scorpion character
- currently leveling up a bunch of silver and gold characters, to level 30+ so that I can complete the challenge events (each event rewards another character)
- and most importantly... set up my war banner with this cool 'inferno' theme. It's all about the cosmetics!

Currently my account is level 35... and with quite a handful of higher level characters now. The downside of this is that the online match making system (which I unfortunately need to deal with every day to do my daily objectives) now pits me against better players. I finally lost my first online match last night. Guess button mashing/screen tapping madly only gets one so far - lol
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Disco

Post by Disco » 28 Apr 2020, 10:44

I was never any good at those types of games, the only one I liked was that old Starwars one on PS1 - Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi (I had to look it up)
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 Apr 2020, 15:59

I'm not all that good at fighting games myself... couldn't consistently execute your standard hadouken if my life depended on it. The only thing that came naturally to me were navigating proper 3D arenas but very fighting games are designed that way (Soul Calibur being the most popular one and Ehrgeiz being the one I wish was more successful so as to spin off sequels).

In saying all that, MK mobile dumbs everything down heaps to the point where the fighting part can be successful for anyone.

The only hard part is building up an economy and initial roster that you can both win fights and farm quests with to keep the economy going. There's no point in throwing money at the game as gaining characters one wants or are worth using is left to luck for most part.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 01 May 2020, 10:18

Well, I officially got all the Bronze tier MK mobile characters this morning. Got it in the daily Bronze pack.

Two off from all the silver ones but I think I might forgo them... don't need these characters since I have Gold versions of these characters.

Now to level them up. I'm gonna need a new phone screen soon.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 02 May 2020, 20:22

Decided to install an Android emulator to play MK mobile so that I wouldn't kill my phone as quickly :lol:
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 02 May 2020, 21:20

Mugsy wrote:
02 May 2020, 20:22
Decided to install an Android emulator to play MK mobile so that I wouldn't kill my phone as quickly :lol:
What emulator did you decide on? Blue Stacks, Any? I was just thinking of doing the same thing so would appreciate feedback.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 02 May 2020, 22:25

Kendrite wrote:
02 May 2020, 21:20
What emulator did you decide on? Blue Stacks, Any? I was just thinking of doing the same thing so would appreciate feedback.
Yeah, I went with BlueStacks4 as it was the one recommended by one of the MK mobile youtubers. He had tried quite a few and found BlueStacks to be the best one for that game. I was hoping that the emulator would work well with a control pad but it ends up with issues when assigning the shoulder and trigger buttons. Thus, I stuck with the keyboard... got half the commands on my left hand and half on my right.

My bro uses Nox for Marvel Future Fight though.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 May 2020, 20:15

So I've been keen to fully accomplish one of the weekly challenge towers in MK mobile because they reward a gold tier "character of the week". Didn't get far with the first two weeks I played because I couldn't complete all 5 towers due to lack of characters at the right level (the second hardest requires you to have a strong team all composed of a particular faction, and the hardest requires you to have a specific character in your team).

This week's challenge I just barely had the right characters so I've been grinding like mad since Friday to level up those characters needed to finish the challenge.

Managed to complete the challenge today at lunch and get a pretty good character as my reward!

... only to be met with a message saying that I've done the challenge at normal difficulty and that I should try it on hard now. :cry:

Oh, well, got another half a week to do it I guess.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 14 May 2020, 20:41

Got bored and decided to set up a spreadsheet to track my character progress in MK Mobile so I can optimise the amount of gold I should spend upgrading skills vs using the upgrade tokens.

For Bronze level characters, I will likely get enough tokens to upgrade all the characters in the next few months so probably shouldn't waste too much gold apart from what is required to unlock the skill... for silver ones, twice as long, and for gold ones... well the goal posts keep moving because I keep getting new characters.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 15 May 2020, 09:20

So a new challenge tower (with free character) started today and I also received a new random character from the online faction wars component of MK mobile... neither of the new characters were ones I wanted :-(
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 24 May 2020, 12:06

Now I've done it... I've finally completed one of the Hard difficulties for the weekly MK mobile challenge towers and am making progress through the 'Elder' difficulty.

Gonna be slugging away at this game for a while to come.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 26 May 2020, 16:14

I just loaded up Wildlands for the first time since reinstalling it on the new PC and it seems I still have all my progress saved... I suppose Uplay has cloud storage and it works! Also have a few new missions to play too, a few new guns available to me, and weekly challenges are still a thing it seems.

Also loaded up The Division 2 last night for the first time and... well, I don't think I should have bought it. I really don't like how enemies have got life bars and that headshots are almost non-existent.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 26 May 2020, 17:33

Pity the Friend Pass isn't indefinite...

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en ... -available

That would have swayed me towards getting Breakpoint immediately to co-op with my bro.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 Jun 2020, 10:59

Woohoo!

Got my first Diamond character card in MK mobile. Now for all the pain associated with leveling it up.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 07 Jun 2020, 23:26

Shitty week as far as my MK Mobile progress goes...

- I don't have the necessary character to do this week's challenge
- all my freebie cards are either characters I don't want or cards I've maxed out
- can't even get the needed character to come up in the daily store rotation

Oh well, win some, lose some.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 09 Jun 2020, 17:09

Nice!
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 09 Jun 2020, 18:02

Some of the backward features in Breakpoint still needs improving.

Getting a vehicle to drop in Wildlands was so easy... just call it in and it'll show up in your area. Breakpoint...

- go to a bivouac,
- wait for the animation to play or hit skip animation,
- stare at your avatar looking zoned out,
- navigate to the garage (bivouacs have garages?)
- pick your vehicle,
- go to exit bivouac,
- confirm when you're leaving the bivouac
- watch the timelapse animation
- then try to find the vehicle around you

It's a good thing they've improved things enough to make this a worthy $15 game!

EDIT: The Panther class is so broken. Using the stealth spray just makes raiding Behemoth sites so easy. I've picked up the M4A1, HTI, and a few other things already this way. Skill points accumulating pretty well this way too.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 10 Jun 2020, 12:00

I haven't really done the Panther class... have done a lot of the Healer and Engineer.
Enjoy having the little gun drone hovering around me shooting things... And the self revive on the Medic is a lifesaver (Literally!) especially when playing solo.

I do enjoy killing behemoths though, I just need to play a bit more and I can have a look at the raids, think I have a gear level high enough for them now.

Also purchased Scrap Mechanic... it has been some silly fun the last few nights...
To me it is Rust/Ark/that kinda game... but in a cartoonier universe, and where you aren't against other humans but against robots that come and smash your garden patch each night... We are slowly automating our home area and upgrading our car currently. Lots more resources to collect to get boats and planes to go.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 10 Jun 2020, 13:34

Mini wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 12:00
I do enjoy killing behemoths though, I just need to play a bit more and I can have a look at the raids, think I have a gear level high enough for them now.
Yeah, I'm playing in immersive mode so no idea what my gear score is and cannot do Raids. They really need to allow those in immersive mode to play the Titan Raids.

I did visit Golem Island where the raid is held... if you fly your chopper in through that Jurassic Park looking crack to get to the platform to activate the raid and veer right, after the drones attack you, you'll spawn at the bivouac not far away, and can explore the island on foot. I was expecting to stumble across velociraptors.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 10 Jun 2020, 19:49

So with C&C Remaster out, I've been looking looking at old Westwood/EA LA games that I missed the first time around... things like Dune 2000 and Emperor: Battle for Dune look to be abandonware now. As are the Battle for Middle Earth games.

I use to play the first Battle for Middle Earth heaps with my bro. We used a mod that would increase the unit cap from the pitiful number the game came with and also allowed us to build structures anywhere. So when BFME2 came out and did away with the Gondor and Rohan sides and also their fortresses in the first game, my bro and I saw no reason to get it. I mean, why on earth would I want my gaming experience to backwards and start each mission without a well fortified, easily defended fort?

Look at all the fun we missed out on...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 12 Jun 2020, 10:55

There really isn't much in games out or coming out it seems.. wouldn't mind a new shooter or something :(
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 12 Jun 2020, 11:24

Yeah, there's a bit of a gaming drought as far as new games goes... Cyberpunk 2077 is still a few months away.

Good time to catch up on games one has missed though. I'm enjoying MK mobile and Breakpoint atm and have a few abandonware games in the pipeline if I'm aching for an RTS game.

Disco, do you get the free games from Epic Store? Ark Survival Evolved and Samurai Showdown Collection are this week's freebies. Might not be your cup of tea but it's something to play and you might find yourself liking a new game which you didn't need to pay for.
0 x
CherryRed wrote: