Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
Mugsy

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Mugsy » 12 Jun 2020, 16:56

Well, new week for the MK Mobile challenge and this time, the required character I need to use I have 3 variations in my collection so it's been super easy to plough through the first two difficulties.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 14 Jun 2020, 10:12

Damn, MKX on PC has a nice 15Gb patch.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 15 Jun 2020, 12:21

So, MK Mobile has this mode called Shao Kahn's Tower which consists of 100 fights. I finally got to fight 100 today thinking I'd fight Shao Kahn himself... nope, I get a random assortment of unrelated characters... one of whom is Raiden... Shao Kahn's enemy?!?!?!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 16 Jun 2020, 10:41

Anyone else excited about the new Starwars game trailer? Need in game footage ofc.. but so far I'm in.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 16 Jun 2020, 13:26

It looks pretty cool so far, will be interesting to see how long the single player story is though...
VR is confirmed though, so very much looking forward to it for that alone
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 16 Jun 2020, 14:20

There's really only been one space sim I've enjoyed and that was Freelancer... that was part space sim, part ARPG though and this doesn't look like it has any ARPG elements.

However, if this manages to be X-Wing vs Tie Fighter with newer graphics and a single player campaign for both sides, then this might have my interest.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 17 Jun 2020, 13:04

I really enjoyed, and played a lot of X-Wing Alliance and X-Wing V TIE Fighter when I was younger, at LAN parties and the like. Have long wished they'd retouch on the series or something similar. I'll enjoy the hell out of it, but I bet it's going to be very linear and I think the Universe has too much opportunity in it, I'd like to see it have Mass Effect style decisions and consequences.

BUT... the ability to fly a TIE? Hell yes I am in.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 17 Jun 2020, 15:57

I mainly watched my bro play Tie Fighter back in the day. Really enjoyed the atmosphere. Friends all said Tie Fighter was done better than X-Wing so we never got that.

We tried to play X-Wing alliance but it had issues running on our PCs then.

My bro and I were more into PvE than PvP games (exception being Unreal Tournament and Battlefield 1942... but then they felt like PvE in some ways) which is why Freelancer was something we really enjoyed.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 17 Jun 2020, 16:12

Interesting, I generally prefer PVP.. not as much fun unless someone that's not me is losing :lol:
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 17 Jun 2020, 17:43

I think my bro and I never got into PvP with each other because of a few reasons:

1. Our first PvP experience was Street Fighter 2 in the arcades and idea of spending money to fight each other and then having only one of us continue after the fight was not economical. We got more gaming mileage from co-op games.

2. I kicked his arse at SF2 initially when we were kids so he didn't enjoy that.

3. He then got good at fighting games by his early teens and kept getting better and was kicking my arse so I didn't enjoy that. The only fighting game I was better than he was at this point for Soul Calibur and he didn't enjoy having me beat him at every game.

4. This translated to FPS games too where one of us would always be better.

5. We didn't have good internet for online deathmatch, especially when two people were playing... so on my local network, PvE or large scale PvP with lots of bots was just more enjoyable.

On the topic of fighting games, the only one that we were remotely equal at was Virtua Fighter 5. Pity that game series has halted.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 18 Jun 2020, 09:23

I don't know that I've played a fighting game since that Starwars one on PS1, not my kind of thing, I suck at them lol
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 18 Jun 2020, 18:05

Yeah, my bro practiced heaps to get good (and by good I mean he was actually playing in national competitions for Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs Capcom). I'm not that keen to devote so much to a computer game especially when these communities tend to jump to a new game when one is released.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 20 Jun 2020, 23:07

I've gotten my first max level, fusion X character in MK Mobile (max level is 60... fusion X means that I've fused that character's card with repeat card 10 times or gotten that character/card 11 times). Now to do it with about 100 other characters.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 22 Jun 2020, 23:41

Now I've done it!

MK mobile had a double free souls offer over the weekend... I've started an offer that will grant me 5800 souls if I hit a castle level of 18 in Guns of Glory in the next 27 days. Currently almost up to castle level 7. Now I'm playing two mobile games to get ahead in one.

Just as well, I feel like I've done almost all that I want to in Breakpoint until the AI Team Mates get released. I have all the vehicles I want (don't want to get any more as it'll clog up my car menu), I'm satisfied with the combo of TAC50 sniper rifle, M4A1 Assault Rifle, and the DIvision 2 MP5 SMG. Still at Rank 9 Panther class... I might continue driving around the open world's highway, getting up to Panther class 10 and raiding Behemoth sites before moving to the Sniper class and then other classes.
0 x
CherryRed wrote: