Game Of The Week

This is where all the random stuff goes
Cry4Ever

Game Of The Week

Post by Cry4Ever » 04 Dec 2015, 01:46

This is something I did on games.on.net several months back. I abandoned it after a month and it just died. It's a shame I did that since it's cool little idea.

With that being said, the title basically says it all, what's your favorite game of the week?
It could be a game that was just released that week, several years ago, it doesn't matter. If you're playing it, put it here! This will be a great way to get others and I into games we haven't played, and I look forward to reading some recommendations.

To start it off, my Game of the Week is Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare
Okay, maybe not a good start. However, for those who are reluctant to try it out, I say give it a go!
The campaign was more interesting this time around, it wasn't amazing, but I found it to be pretty fun this time around with exo-abilities. The game hesitates to give you too much free-rein with them, but gives you just enough without getting too bored. What's also interesting is the linear design of the game, which doesn't lead you through too many corridors throughout the campaign for once. Oh trust me, it still does every now and then, but there are some fantastically designed levels such as "Sentinel", a mission where you are open to approach the mission with the freedom of stealth, and the mechanics are pretty decent. You're given a grapple and can kill enemies silently and grapple across lookout points in a non-linear way. Then there's "Throttle", arguably the best mission in the game, where you open up with "flying" a jet through a linear section, but then once you crash land, the mission opens up completely, enabling both the grapple and exo-boost, leading to some awesome verticality and is just one of the best Call Of Duty missions to date... If it weren't too short. That's the only problem, you wish you had more of those two missions and less of "Aftermath". Overall, the pacing is good, the story is tolerable albeit crappy ending
The ending was terrible. It's just: "You beat the bad guy, the end. Cut to an awkward silent credits scene and then have a meaningless picture of Kevin Spacey saluting"
Graphics and sound design while not CryEngine-level, are still fantastic.
Exo-Survival Missions are okay. Gets stale after a while. There is an Exo-Zombie mode, but that's DLC. I recommend it if you like that sort of thing.

You must be groaning at the mention of multiplayer. "Terrible spawns and map design, unbalanced weapons, and it's a 'get shot in the back simulator' with no sense of originality anymore."
Nope! That's not the case with this one! This new multiplayer is fantastic, but rather than make this longer than it already is, watch this if you don't believe me (and if you have time to kill):

The port for PC is actually really, really good this time around. The only issues to note this time around is the console FOV in campaign only, and the peer-to-peer dedicated matchmaking.
Last edited by Cry4Ever on 04 Dec 2015, 23:48, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

Mini

Re: Game Of The Week

Post by Mini » 04 Dec 2015, 08:50

Mine for this week Rocket League

Played my first game in our tournament (and lost), but really enjoying it, especially with the mutators and the new chaos DLC changes.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 04 Dec 2015, 09:42

Just Cause 3,

Last night I attached to cows to a Helicopter and flew around the world with these cows swinging at ground level smashing into everything while singing I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL in my head, I've also been working my way through the missions and its actually fun, still cheesy like JC2 but this times its a good fun kinda cheesy and not just chessy cause its so bad.

Calling gear is way better than the old game, you open up the menu, choose want you want, throw the beacon where you want it to land and a sea container falls out of the sky and then bursts open with a shower of confetti and your item, even if your items are bigger than the container it still fits in there somehow.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Makena

Post by Makena » 04 Dec 2015, 09:48

This feels like it heavily overlaps with viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15
1 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 04 Dec 2015, 09:54

rocket league this week for me and also an honorable mention to adventure capitalist on android
0 x

SuBw00FeR

Post by SuBw00FeR » 04 Dec 2015, 11:46

Makena wrote:This feels like it heavily overlaps with viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15
It does which is why it was abandoned into oblivion on GON
1 x
Main PC: i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz - 4x4GB Corsair RAM - SLI'd G1 Gaming GTX 980 - MSI Z77 MPOWER

Cry4Ever

Post by Cry4Ever » 04 Dec 2015, 23:22

Just wanted game recommendations as opposed to random discussion.
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 10 Dec 2015, 19:25

Mini wrote:Mine for this week Rocket League
Evidentially, mine too. I imagine this will continue next week.
0 x

Dexterians

Post by Dexterians » 11 Dec 2015, 13:03

Star Wars Battlefront
0 x

Makena

Post by Makena » 11 Dec 2015, 13:23

This thread is just people saying what they're playing, please us the existing random games discussion thread for this

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15
0 x