PP'ing monsters ?

Welcome to the NWN forums!
Sapphire

PP'ing monsters ?

Post by Sapphire » 17 Jan 2019, 07:46

I am just wondering here, if PP'ing monsters is worth considering as a rogue skill that obviously I for one would not use on another player, to do so would be of course against the server rules...

But what about monsters ? Is it worth doing in the first place... Some servers which I have played on this is a viable tactic to rob difficult end boss creeatures of a number of heal potions... The result is obvious that makes the fight shorter and you and your party are likely to be more successful in defeating such boss's or other difficult opponents... In my opinion there is nothing worse than fighting hard to get such a creature down to near death or badly injured to find them swollow a heal potion and recover 1000's of hit points you spent like the last 20/25 minutes doing that damage...

I would like to know if anyone has used this in the past, and what sort of success they had... Also if gains anything else like gold on lesser or should i say standard non boss creatures... In addition does it detract from the potential loot drop in slaying any creature boss or otherwise...

Anyway just please lend your thoughts to this ...
0 x

André Axe'm

Re: PP'ing monsters ?

Post by André Axe'm » 17 Jan 2019, 13:54

I've never seen anyone using it and it looks like all enemies probably don't have anything that can be stolen from them.

Changing that would be a hell of a lot of work...
0 x

Sapphire

Re: PP'ing monsters ?

Post by Sapphire » 18 Jan 2019, 09:33

Am sure I already posted here but it seems to have disappeared... So here goes again I guess ...

Was not in anyway suggesting thisas an option merely asking if it was there already and if anyone had had experience of doing such...

I guess the answer is no, so I will train up a test rogue character to just to test those theories and probably report back here in a few weeks time on what happened and where etc...

Not up to playing much at the moment both my girls and myself are very unwell with a rather nasty head cold that is doing the rounds in our area of the world... Thus only get short periods when even I feel I can do something ...
0 x