Squad

The question: First or third person?
The answer: *boom* Headshot!
DarkMellie

Re: Squad

Post by DarkMellie » 29 Dec 2015, 00:14

I'm keen to get my squad leader pants back on after watching Barbie go at it tonight. I'm quite brutal as SL, but also quite effective :D My specialty is counter-FOB and Rally Point hunting.

Just hit up Venom on Steam, hopefully he can join us to. All welcome! Come to the Mellie's Random Games channel on the GoN Teamspeak, password is gonmellie. I'll be on from tomorrow night around 8pm AET.
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 29 Dec 2015, 23:59

Aight screw you guys, downloading now. Hit me up next time you're having a game.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 30 Dec 2015, 08:12

Tonight :D
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 30 Dec 2015, 23:44

Well, Nekosan despite bold words didn't make an appearance, and I did play with Mellie for 5 minutes before he chickened out, but I got a few screencaps tonight before quitting when the SL didn't know his ass from a strawberry:

Mellie rocketing the hell out of an enemy position:

Covering the same position from a different direction:

And a random stroll through the fields while hunting the enemy:

1 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 30 Dec 2015, 23:52

Disco wrote:Well, Nekosan despite bold words didn't make an appearance, and I did play with Mellie for 5 minutes before he chickened out

I showed for 5-10 but CBF changing controls etc and the other squads in the server werent cohesive so i rejoined my Exile server when it came back up. Will have a crack one night when i can be bothered learning. :lol:
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 31 Dec 2015, 00:07

I'd played a fair bit before you showed up, Disco! Besides, tell the nice people exactly how you made your entrance tonight :P

Squad hates Fraps so I have no screenies, but by christ did we hold that base and our squad alone scored as many points as the entire opposing team. At one stage there, we were being attacked from three different fronts and it was just Swordsman and me, letting off 'nade after rocket after 'nade while the rest of the boys laid down covering fire. Seven of our squad were all CTB members so we were in TS having a hoot of a time.

Playing Fools Road last night, I noticed that when you fire a shot, you can hear the rolling echo across the hills and it sounds intensely realistic. Even just the background cracking of fire in the distance is actually people shooting, not just a backing soundtrack. The only off thing about the audio is the occasional jet noise.

Hot tip: if all servers are full, join an empty one, it will fill within 20 minutes. Old PR trick, works every time.

Fucking loving this game.
0 x

BishopOz

Post by BishopOz » 12 Jan 2016, 14:21

Yeah I finally picked it up the other day and glad I did, it's as awesome as I thought it would be, a new, better looking project reality with little gameplay additions. With a squad working together it's so dam immersive.
0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 12 Jan 2016, 16:20

I'll definitely get it when its on a sale or something. Played a fair bit of project reality ages ago! So if its like that better with graphics and smoother game play i'm down.

I just don't want to put $40 US dollars or whatever it is on an early access game, not yet anyway lol
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 12 Jan 2016, 19:36

it's a very, very safe bet, korbain. PR still pulled in 80+ players a night on BigD (around patch time, 40+ players at other times) and Squad is only going to have more than this.

Few people would have ever known about PR, whereas Squad already has a larger audience than PR ever did.

It'll be fine for years to come (more and more so as they add new content).
1 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 16 Jan 2016, 01:20

Im definitely interested :D Its probably one of few early access games thats really interested me. Especially as i played PR for a bit ages ago.

I'll look at grabbing it sometime soon, just not yet :) few other games that need my attention then i'll get into squad!
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Feb 2016, 00:56

With my new gtx970 in, Squad has become silky smooth. Had actually forgotten that I'd turned a few elements down to improve framerate... maxxed out it's a pretty as hell game.

I'll probs be playing this and Elite tomorrow night so feel free to join me in TS :D
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Feb 2016, 09:44

Neko and I have been spending a fair bit of time in game and having a blast, my GTX760 seems to be doing okay at least :D

They've added optics to the AK's and RPK's in the last patch and it's fucking horrid - way too much zoom to make them useful in anything but single fire mode which is a pain in the ass. You don't want your RPK gunner running around behaving like a sniper.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Feb 2016, 11:18

I love the optics!

Super tight squadwork this round.. our squad alone outscored the entire enemy team. A pesky militia marksman was having a field day taking our guys out, I heard a shot nearby and saw him in a crevice on a hill.. he spotted me but, with my trusty ACOG, I put a tree between us and pumped a round into his scone through the leaves and was rewarded with a satisfying spray of red mist. Then, his squad appeared behind his corpse and started raining pain down, I was in trouble until a random machinegunner ran up, parked himself next to me and sprayed them, killing 2 of the 3 instantly.

So, so, so good when EVERY member of a squad is thinking tactically and, most importantly, communicating freely (and further to that, correctly using local versus squad chat where appropriate).
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Feb 2016, 13:09

The optics are good in the right weapons, the RPK now feels like you've got a sniper scope mounted to it - makes it useless in close quarters
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Feb 2016, 13:18

That's because that RPK should be situated on a hill overlooking the area of operations to provide info and suppressive fire! If you're in close quarters too much, you're def doing that kit wrong.

I'll be playing this later tonight if you're about?
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Feb 2016, 13:49

I might be around this arvo, not 100% at this stage but hit me up if you're loading in - one thing I will say is that the pistol is a freakin beast!
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 07 Feb 2016, 17:47

Here's that fight from my POV disco, I reckon they def switched to me as i bolted... even looks like my rifle takes a round as i pass the corner.

Strong outgoing fire while i try to find a loophole to shoot through, so bs that you lived through that contact.

0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Feb 2016, 17:58

Haha that first round was too close for comfort.. all that outgoing you can hear in the background is me pinned down and trying to prevent them pushing on my position, intense little firefight that one.

Also, anyone notice how Neko just bails on me? :lol:
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 09 Feb 2016, 04:54

So i dropped my normal GP/203 because the squad needed another medic and while I'm moving into the action my first contact of the night is this:

Not happy jan, that could have been a full wipe, unfortunately all but 3 of us were at an uncappable point build a Godzilla proof FOB.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 27 Apr 2016, 10:23

Alright gents, Neko and I are planning to squeeze in a game of Squad or two over the weekend if anyone is keen? Haven't played in a while, so hoping there have been some updates/improvements and I hear vehicles are on their way in the next week or two as well (so I'm told) :D
0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 28 Apr 2016, 00:26

Think i might take the dive into it in a week or 2! Been waiting to see if it would go on sale, haven'y noticed it yet lol so i guess im dishing our 60 bucks...
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 28 Apr 2016, 09:51

Yeah it's a bit rich for a game still in development, I really feel like it's a $29AUD game every day of the week but then I paid full price and have really gotten good value out of it - I'm at less than a dollar an hour in it.
0 x

korbain

Post by korbain » 28 Apr 2016, 23:02

Disco wrote:Yeah it's a bit rich for a game still in development, I really feel like it's a $29AUD game every day of the week but then I paid full price and have really gotten good value out of it - I'm at less than a dollar an hour in it.
Yeah that's my biggest gripe. Upon full release, sure i'll throw down 60 dollars, no problems.

For a pre alpha (or whatever state it's in), it's a big chunk of money. I honestly they'd rake in a heap more sales cutting that price in half.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 28 Apr 2016, 23:48

But it's incredibly well polished and a shitload of fun. I'm happy that i supported them in their move from the best-ever mod PR to their own title.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 29 Apr 2016, 11:56

I'll try to get on tonight for a round or two, going to be rusty as shit I expect :lol:
0 x