Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Lets go build something
Mugsy

Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Post by Mugsy » 11 Jun 2020, 15:51

Yeah, that was always going to be a bit politically sensitive.

Still, they did a pretty decent job of embedding Bolivian culture into Wildlands... I really enjoyed running around and finding all the cultural and geographical facts and feeling like I was mingling amongst the people.

I actually would like to see one of these games set in Turkmenistan... always want to visit The Gates of Hell at Darvaza. Physically going there isn't easy atm so doing it virtually would be nice.

Hopefully the next game will be a bit more populated.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 11 Jun 2020, 21:03

Huh! Apparently, in my game last night of Ghost War, I did kill and enemy. I zoomed in to snipe some guy but thought I had missed and a team mate nearby took him out. Guess I didn't miss. 85 Uplay credits to spend now :D

I still have 100 more Uplay credits that I can get in Breakpoint. Not sure if I should get the G36C Scout blueprint or the Abider seeing how I have the M4A1, MK17 and AK47 already. Though, I'm sure I can get enough gun upgrades etc in game so those items probably aren't worth it.

Did some research into the attack choppers today. I'm actually not far off from the more affordable attack chopper in the game. I think my attack chopper buying order will be as follows:

Deinos / Standard - 37500
Opheis mk II - 45000
Overseer Rockets Mk II - 45000

EDIT: Forget the Opheis mk2... apparently it's lost it's homing rockes. Deinos and Overseer Rockets mk2 are the two to get now. Deinos for an affordable non-homing option, and the Overseer Rockets mk2 now have homing rockets.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GhostRecon/com ... s_removed/
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 11 Jun 2020, 23:03

So I decided to raid a couple of points of the map with skell credits. The first two locations were pretty standard Aamon sites... cloaking spray... run in... get stuff... get out.

On the way to the third location, I noticed some enemies holding a civilian hostage. Decided to be a good virtual Samaritan and take out the three bullies. One dropped some credits so I thought I was being rewarded for the kind act. Then one of the Aamon's spotted me. I tried driving away in the enemy jeep nearby rand over a tonne of enemy troops carmageddon style. Thought that would be the end of it but it was too late... drones had come to the fight. I hopped out, jumped in the gunners seat and mowed down the drones. Choppers were now in the fight. The jeep took too much damage so I made a bee line for the hut with the credits. Managed to get there and nab what I was after. Aamon's were circling so I thought, bugger this lets just lob all my grenades and empty as many rounds into them as I can... I killed both (another 20 Uplay points tonight). Ran out and the choppers were still there. Managed to snipe two down and take down another two using my assault rifle.

Realised that the game must have been set to easy.

Anyway, my little detour upped my longest kill distance up to 463m now... done better in Wildlands so we'll see how much higher I push this.

Fast traveled to a bivouac and bought the Deinos attack chopper... the first thing I kill... a civilian.

Overally it's a fun attack chopper but it doesn't have the maneuverability of the Overseer. Guess I'm saving up another 45k credits.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 12 Jun 2020, 10:57

I have the Opheis and it is great fun.. especially with a mate in the minigun seat
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 12 Jun 2020, 11:34

Yeah, I'm starting to think I should have waited for the Opheis... it looks more agile than the Denios.

Still, having an attack chopper has made the game so much more fun. I'm sure I'll get the necessary credits to get all 3 eventually.

I'm just hoping that AI team mates will jump in the gunner seat. That'll help with taking down infantry.

I also need to start hunting down convoys at some point.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 13 Jun 2020, 23:01

That attack chopper was the best purchase ever! Makes taking out aamons so easy, especially for looting parts. Killed my second civilian though tonight.

But I think my next two purchases will be some land vehicles namely the:

LC-4 Coercion - 10000 credits
MC1 Restraint - 12000 credits

I need something that hits like a tank and the LC-4 apparently can switch between driver and gunner when you change seats too making it great for single players... until I get AI team mates at least. Then I can drive around at faster speeds and still hit like a tank when fighting behemoths.

EDIT: I might still pick up the IC-8 Incursion / Berserker for 12000 credits. Apparently there's no difference stat wise with the Standard version. It's slow though but is the most armoured land vehicle in the game I believe.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 15 Jun 2020, 12:00

OK, I gotta go prospecting now...

I swear I'm gonna get all the vehicles I'm after plus a ridiculous number of skill points before I get around to the next campaign mission (I'm waiting for AI team mates).
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 15 Jun 2020, 14:20

There is a skill in the tree somewhere that shows all of those things on the minimap... makes it much easier to collect all the little things
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 15 Jun 2020, 15:21

Cheers for that Mini!

Just got that skill.

EDIT: I think I need a skill to show me where skills are on the tree... I was looking all around the tree for it when it was more towards the center - lol

The piles of nuggets are still hard to see but at least I know where they are on the map now.

I'm starting to enjoy Breakpoint for most of the same reasons that I enjoyed Wildlands. They certainly have improved a few things but kinda went backwards on a tonne of other stuff. The Skill tree is too zoomed in... we need to be able to pan out and in on that thing. I also need to remember to use my class skill more often.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 15 Jun 2020, 23:35

Got enough gold to buy myself the Coercion and the Incursion/Berserker... the latter I decided to get in case the 12k credit asking price is an error. The Coercion is nice in that it's fast enough for me to hunt down convoys. Of course, I had to bugger up the first convoy I went after... blew it up with me right next to the explosion.

Now to farm up another 100k credits or 400 pieces of gold nuggets/opals so I can get the Overseer Rockets mk2, opheis mk2 and MC-1 Restraint. Might also grab a dirt bike and a motorcycle whilst I'm at it so I can deploy them if I need it... and also one of those fancy sport cars just for fun.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 16 Jun 2020, 22:11

I finally bothered to do the Panther class objectives and get up to rank 5 for some Uplay points. Also upgraded a gun finally! So 40 Uplay coins in total tonight.

Got a tonne of gold nuggets and opals too. I'll have a good number of vehicles ready to use when AI team mates arrive.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 17 Jun 2020, 11:24

Watched this ABC news clip earlier and it reminded me of Breakpoint.

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 17 Jun 2020, 20:28

I was doing some gold nugget runs and then decided to switch to unlocking my Panther class levels... up to rank 8 now.

Also finally started unlocking a few more skill points after reading up some guides on which ones were more useful.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 18 Jun 2020, 19:36

I found a new means to get credits fast... better than the fortune stream runs.

Go to the Browne Homestead not far from Fortune Stream. There are two resources that spawn there:

- metal parts
- saltpeter

The latter sells for $250 like gold nuggets and opals.

After you collect all the resources in the area, if there was a lot of saltpeters, "logout" and go back in. You will spawn relatively nearby and can collect the resources again. The game seems to mirror your previous spawns for resources if you just logout.

If you got more metal parts, exit to desktop and then reload.

The fact that you spawn relatively close by and the higher density of saltpeter means you can collect more in a shorter period of time.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 18 Jun 2020, 22:13

Well, I've purchased all the choppers and armoured vehicles I was originally after as well as the basic dirt bike and one of the sport cars (must be going through a midlife crisis).

I might try to squeeze in the electric sports bike too as well as an all terrain buggy of some sort for some variety.

I take it we still can't wield a pistol whilst riding a motorcycle for some Mission Impossible 2 styled chases.

EDIT: Gave both the Opheis mk2 and the Overseer Rockets mk2 a whirl. I'm glad I got them both in addition to the Denios... they're each great for different things.

EDIT 2: I think the Opheis mk2 only does air to ground lock on... couldn't get it to lock onto any air based enemies. Currently leaning more towards the Overseer Rockets mk2 as my go to chopper.

The Boson sports car is very sensitive to overturning... as is the sports bike which was a wasted of 16k credits. I should probably get over this midlife crisis now.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 10 Jul 2020, 21:31

Well, it's almost here...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 12 Jul 2020, 11:04

Mmm, pass. Reinstalled recently and it's still got full blown AIDS.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 12 Jul 2020, 15:46

LOL

C'mon, it's not that bad. Wildlands is still the more superior game based on plot, game mechanics (despite the wonky vehicle physics), weapons and customisation options but Breakpoint in its current state isn't bad. The menus are clunky still but the current state of everything is serviceable.

Maybe I just have a higher level of acceptance because it only cost me $15 vs the $100+ I paid for Wildlands' gold edition which came with one disappointing DLC that didn't integrate with the main game, one so-so DLC that still didn't integrate with the main game, and then shitty paid content through their year one pass. Granted, everything they're releasing now should have came with the main game but at least we're getting it.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 13 Jul 2020, 09:38

Woohoo!

Coming in a few days...

And then the day afterwards...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 15 Jul 2020, 22:28

Ah! It's Godzilla!

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 16 Jul 2020, 09:39

Awww, I was hoping you could fight Godzilla!
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 16 Jul 2020, 14:36

Yeah, me too... would be great if they had an event which allowed for up to 50 players in game and taking down Godzilla was one of the activities.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 17 Jul 2020, 12:50

I've yet to figure out how to prioritise sync shots to use my AI team mates before the sync shot drones.... so, I've simply gotten rid of the sync shot drones because I like to use sync shots so much, they'll run out quickly. It's pretty good as I can now equip the rocket launcher or EMP grenades with the breach torch. I run with the Division 2 SMG or MK17 plus TAC50 so the extra firepower is good.

All up, I'm glad I waited for the AI team mates before playing through the campaign and glad that all I did so far was get to Erewhon (which is the minimum requirements to unlock the AI team mates) and then go bivouac hopping to explore the map and get better guns. I still need to find a LMG though. Amazingly missing that in my arsenal.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 17 Jul 2020, 13:40

It's pretty bad, I remember the first time I played it and you're sneaking along and there's a burning wreck of a helo on the map, and the flames are pixelated as all get out. When I reinstalled it I was surprised to see it still looked the same even on a new rig :lol:
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 17 Jul 2020, 15:23

Yeah, graphics wise, it's not brilliant. It's not an improvement over Wildlands IMHO (at least not on a modern entry level GPU like mine) and Wildlands wasn't amazing when it came out either.

Still, it's a big world that the game is trying to render which is why I gave Wildlands a pass on graphics and why I'm happy to look pass that this time too with Breakpoint.

I haven't gotten into the game much apart from unlocking stuff so I'll see how I find the missions. They've at least gotten AI team mates up to where Wildlands was.

Though, I'm still annoyed we can shoot with our pistol when we're on a motorcycle... I want my Mission Impossible 2 styled motocycle chases!
0 x
CherryRed wrote: