Diablo III

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
Mythor

Re: Diablo III

Post by Mythor » 16 Dec 2015, 11:12

There's also bounties in Adventure Mode, decent source of xp and gold and random items.

Season 4 finishing December 30? I totally haven't finished my season 4 character. Every time! Every time I don't get around to it! I guess there's still time.
Next season. Next season is the one I'm going to play as much as that first season... :D
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 16 Dec 2015, 11:30

Well, there's reason to put some effort into season 5 for that stash tab. Those damn seasonal conquests will require some decent gearing.

Saturday 16th January looks to be a busy day for grinding.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 16 Dec 2015, 11:52

So who's gonna hit Season 5 hard on the 16th January?
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Makena

Post by Makena » 16 Dec 2015, 12:01

Normal thing for me, will probably level to 70 the day it comes out, then play it a heap for a few weeks before I drift away from it.

I only play seasons though, so I'm in no huge rush to finish everything in the season, as long as I get the journey done before I'm bored again (completing the journey this season with the level hardcore to 70 was a total drag as I was well over it by the time I started that)
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 16 Dec 2015, 12:12

Yeah, if I remember I'll definitely try it again. Having done it once in Hardcore I don't feel the need to do it again! Will try and at least get the stash tab done, beyond that I don't know. If I finish this season's Wizard I'll have done them all and can go back to playing a Barbarian next season...
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 16 Dec 2015, 12:24

We shouldn't need to do the HC requirement for the seasonal journey if the current ptr requirements for the 7rh tab holds for release. But some of the conquests won't be doable unless you roll more than one seasonal character.

I haven't played much lately but I'll likely hit the game hard on that weekend.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Makena

Post by Makena » 16 Dec 2015, 12:27

Mugsy wrote:We shouldn't need to do the HC requirement for the seasonal journey if the current ptr requirements for the 7rh tab holds for release. But some of the conquests won't be doable unless you roll more than one seasonal character.

I haven't played much lately but I'll likely hit the game hard on that weekend.
70 in hardcore willl need to be done to complete the full seasonal journey though, which honestly is just annoying,it's not hard it's just time consuming.

I think I played season 4 for 100-120 hours, will probably do the same for 5, maybe a bit less as I think my friends are getting more and more over it each season

EDIT: to clarify, I don't care about stash space, I have enough now, more is just bonus, I don't hoard stuff though because, as I've said, I don't care about non seasonal.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 16 Dec 2015, 13:46

Fair point. If it's the full seasonal journey that's your goal then yeah, HC is needed.

Your point RE stash space being not a concern as you only play seasons further enforces the fact that using stash space as a seasonal reward is just dumb game design.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 16 Dec 2015, 15:53

I really do only want the extra stash space so I can hoard more, it's true. I don't even play my non-seasonals anymore but I still want to keep all those cool loots I've collected. :)
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 16 Dec 2015, 16:10

Lol. Well this is a loot hunting game so I think it's ok if you wanna hoarde a few items.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 20 Dec 2015, 12:14

Been doing my homework on how to get that 7th stash tab using a DH and these videos by Philosophios looks useful:

Firstly, a fast speed rift farming build using the UE set which will be useful for that fast T9 clear requirement and probably the 50mil gold streak conquest too:

Next up, a consideration for how to gear up using the Shadows set that you get as your Haedrig's gift bonus.

There are other vids for other sets but I found these to be the most useful.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 21 Dec 2015, 16:15

If anyone is looking for an active clan, I've been recently promoted to officer position in the 7Sins clan so can add you if a space is free.

Some of the requirements to unlock the extra stash tab is much easier to do in groups.

Note, we do kick after 3 weeks inactivity if we're not given the heads up you're away on holidays etc.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Jagji56

Post by Jagji56 » 28 Dec 2015, 10:37

I started a HC DH in the season, just to see how far I can get toward the pet... am on Chapter 3 now.
0 x
I am The Jagji. The ORIGINAL Jagji. And I am going to reck your shit... by playing for your team, cos I suck at Vida Games. :evil:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Dec 2015, 12:27

You got two more days to finish chapter 4 for the pet before this season ends. Good luck mate!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 28 Dec 2015, 13:21

I know there's google, but I'd rather ask you guys.. what is Seasons about, exactly? It wasn't in the XO version last I looked so I'm wondering if I should fire up my PC version to see what it's all about.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 28 Dec 2015, 13:36

Finally loaded into the game to check my Chapter 4 progress. Nearly done, just need a Greater Rift solo 10 run and equipping legendaries with lvl70 reqs. Turns out I did actually run two characters through to 70 this season and was working on a Monk. I do not remember doing that!
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Dec 2015, 14:48

DarkMellie wrote:I know there's google, but I'd rather ask you guys.. what is Seasons about, exactly?.
Basically "Ladders" from Diablo 2.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 28 Dec 2015, 15:28

Never played Diablo 2 but just read about Seasons. Seems like a cool idea and one I would be crazy to try and commit to.
0 x

Makena

Post by Makena » 28 Dec 2015, 15:47

Seasons are basically a reset, every 3 months (or so), so you start from scratch no gold no gear and no max level chars etc, some of us crazy kids like the sense of progression you get again when starting from nothing, not playing for hours and hours for a slight upgrade of an item or whatever once you've got all good gear, just hoping for better versions (Seasons end up there too, but you have to work up to that stage again)
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Dec 2015, 16:29

DarkMellie wrote:Seems like a cool idea and one I would be crazy to try and commit to.
The key word is 'commit'... something I don't have the desire to do in the 3 month timeframe of a season (and unfortunately will have to do 4 times to unlock all that extra stash space). I'm a casual player at best and the only reason my profile looks like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mugs ... ro/1466294

is because I've stuck with the game since launch.

Given, a good number of players exceed my global paragon levels in a single season alone, that part of my profile isn't anything to get excited about but since I play all classes so spend most of a patch's duration farming up new set pieces and gear, I haven't quite hit that point of minimal upgrade that Makena mentioned.

I do dread having to go through season 5 though. However, one of the D3 streamers, Meathead Mikhael, has indicated that the seasonal journey should take around 30hrs to achieve:

Whilst MM doesn't necessarily come up with the most ground breaking info for the game, he does provide some reliable info. So hopefully 2-3 weeks is all that it'll take for me to unlock that stash tab and I can get back to NS with my (somewhat full) stash full of resources.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 28 Dec 2015, 16:57

860 sure seems like a lot of Paragon levels to me! Not sure my non-seasonal is up to 100 yet but I haven't checked in a while.

Another good thing that comes with Seasons is various new items and some new random encounters and even new areas sometimes. The new items in particular are only available in-season at first.

Did a Greater Rift earlier and at the end it said I finished level 15 but didn't give me chapter credit. Not sure I'd done a Greater Rift with my Wizard before, do I need to do another one if I can find another bloody rune? -_- (Edit: Need to do it within the time limit. Guh! )
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Dec 2015, 17:25

Mythor wrote:860 sure seems like a lot of Paragon levels to me! Not sure my non-seasonal is up to 100 yet but I haven't checked in a while.
Guess I'm just use to seeing people with 1000+ Paragon levels.
Another good thing that comes with Seasons is various new items and some new random encounters and even new areas sometimes. The new items in particular are only available in-season at first.
They're actually getting rid of the exclusive items in Season 5. The downside is that the process to unlock 80% of the extra stash space is tied to seasons which basically forces people to play seasons. The new areas are available in NS as well.

One thing that's nice about seasons though is the cosmetic unlocks. I don't think there has ever been a pair of wings linked seasons but pets and pennants are cool additions (esp since pets will pick up gold in the next patch).
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 28 Dec 2015, 21:40

Finally finished my chapter 4 stuff so I can get that ugly dog thing as a pet. Hooray! Now to go work out how I'll get the stash tab. :D
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 28 Dec 2015, 22:35

Hmm if this list is still accurate there's no way I'll be getting a stash tab. Not even sure how you'd get it done in the 30 hours that guy claimed, but maybe if you know exactly what you're doing.
I mean, clear Act I-V Campaign in an hour? It'd take longer than that just to run through each quest. I can see how you could get through some of them faster with some help, but clearing things like Greater Rift 50 Solo?

Ugh. Guess I better learn to play. :)
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 Dec 2015, 01:46

Assuming that Blizzard keeps with the current requirements on PTR, yeah that list would be accurate. And yes, you need to know exactly what you're doing to get that tab in 30hrs. You'd need to pre-plan around the set your class is given for Haedrig's gift... some sets will be more useful than others with meeting the seasonal journey requirements. But all this planning makes it feel more like work than casual gaming.

GR50 solo isn't as hard as it sounds. I've done that with time to spare on my UE Multishot monk. The Helltooth build for WDs can easily do GR60. My bro's done that with his build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JimD ... o/61745887

With the power creep with the next patch, GR50 is more than doable solo. It's the T9 rift in 4min that I'm more concerned about.

And Act 1 to 5 in 1hr can be done in Normal I believe so if you're T10 capable, you will one shot everything. You just need to run a build that's fast and has good AOE. This is my bounty farming build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mugs ... o/34309712

It's extremely fast to get around the map and Multishot is great for attacking large areas. I'm confident it can do A1-5 in 1hr... I'm just not that confident in recreating the build and doing the speed run within 30hrs of playing seasons. Anyway, this requirement can be done in groups so if you have a well coordinated group who know the campaign and have someone in the right place at the right time, 1hr is doable. Not DCing in that time might be the biggest challenge for some.

But yeah, for the more casual player, the trick with getting that stash tab is to stick to one character that is of a class that is easily optimised with the set given to you as part of Haedrig's gift, and that you can make a speed run build for. You'll need a speedy build for bounty farming anyway.

EDIT: Don't want to get anyone's hopes up but you may have noticed that Blizzard hasn't mentioned one iota about stash space in it's Season 5 article. Here's hoping that they're assessing the community's reaction to having to unlock stash space and tone down the requirements:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/ ... 763?page=1

and

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20044325244

That's a lot of players who have been vocal on the issue.
0 x
CherryRed wrote: