Tabletop Gaming

Grab pen and paper, a dice bag and a bunch of tokens, and settle in here to chat about your real-world gaming activities.
vcatkiller

Re: Tabletop Gaming

Post by vcatkiller » 22 Apr 2016, 16:37

PinothyJ wrote:Dark Souls Board Game Kickstarter, hoy!
Yeah. It looks pretty damn good too. Already plonked money down on it...
0 x

PinothyJ

Post by PinothyJ » 22 Apr 2016, 20:41

vcatkiller wrote:
What about the Bloodborne board game?
0 x

vcatkiller

Post by vcatkiller » 22 Apr 2016, 21:15

PinothyJ wrote:
vcatkiller wrote:
You mean the Bloodborne card game? I don't have as much of an attachment to Bloodborne, as I've never played it. (no PS4) And they did an interview with the designer where he demonstrated the game, and it didn't really grab me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiPziSVE3bQ
0 x

Mekon

Post by Mekon » 29 Apr 2016, 08:45

I'm all in on the Dark Souls KS, if only for the minis (although the game itself could work). :)

Bloodborne card game, not so much.

Lately, Cthulhu Wars, Arcadia Quest and Shadows of Brimstone have been on rotation at our house.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 29 Apr 2016, 09:18

Mekon wrote:I'm all in on the Dark Souls KS, if only for the minis (although the game itself could work). :)

Bloodborne card game, not so much.

Lately, Cthulhu Wars, Arcadia Quest and Shadows of Brimstone have been on rotation at our house.
I'm waiting on the kickstarter I backed for Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia (Which is set in the same universe as Arcadia Quest)

But mostly playing Kings of War lately.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mekon

Post by Mekon » 29 Apr 2016, 09:29

Heh, I have boxes full of Kings of War minis waiting to be assembled and painted, courtesy of the Mantic kickstarters... too many minis, not enough time. :)

re: Arcadia Quest, my son enjoys it far more than I do, TBH. It's amusing enough, but doesn't quite scratch that itch for me.
0 x

Fireslide

Post by Fireslide » 29 Apr 2016, 11:04

What's Shadows of Brimstone like? I've had it for a while but haven't organised a day for some friends to play it yet?
0 x

Mekon

Post by Mekon » 29 Apr 2016, 11:28

Like most/all Flying Frog Productions titles, it's a bit clunky rules-wise, lots of dice rolling... but absolutely oozing in theme. Weird West is just so cool (and I generally dislike cowboys/wild west content). :)

Having to assemble the minis (unless you proxy the minis) before getting it to the table is a bit unusual for a boardgame, but I enjoy glueing and painting... so win/win.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 29 Apr 2016, 11:43

We used to play the Deadlands RPG, that was a pretty fun Weird West setting based RPG.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Mekon

Post by Mekon » 29 Apr 2016, 11:55

Yeah, keep seeing Deadlands referenced in relation to SoB. There was a CCG based on the same setting, iirc? Doomtown?

Looked interesting, but I've soured on CCGs (including Living Card Games), other than Hearthstone, that is. :P
0 x

PinothyJ

Post by PinothyJ » 11 May 2016, 09:25

Don't mine me: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ca ... con-tokens

Now I need to buy a game to go with them…
0 x

PinothyJ

Post by PinothyJ » 11 May 2016, 09:38

vcatkiller wrote:
PinothyJ wrote:
vcatkiller wrote: Yeah. It looks pretty damn good too. Already plonked money down on it...
You mean the Bloodborne card game? I don't have as much of an attachment to Bloodborne, as I've never played it. (no PS4) And they did an interview with the designer where he demonstrated the game, and it didn't really grab me.
Mekon wrote:Yeah, keep seeing Deadlands referenced in relation to SoB. There was a CCG based on the same setting, iirc? Doomtown?

Looked interesting, but I've soured on CCGs (including Living Card Games), other than Hearthstone, that is. :P
I have preordered Dark Souls through Games Paradise because the price they had for the game and all stretch goal was about $20 cheaper than if I bought it through KS. However, the preorder promotion has since ended and now you are looking to save about $4 now (give or teak the exchange rate and fees).
0 x

vcatkiller

Post by vcatkiller » 14 May 2016, 17:05

PinothyJ wrote:
vcatkiller wrote:
PinothyJ wrote: What about the Bloodborne board game?
Mekon wrote:Yeah, keep seeing Deadlands referenced in relation to SoB. There was a CCG based on the same setting, iirc? Doomtown?

I have preordered Dark Souls through Games Paradise because the price they had for the game and all stretch goal was about $20 cheaper than if I bought it through KS. However, the preorder promotion has since ended and now you are looking to save about $4 now (give or teak the exchange rate and fees).
Is that cheaper, taking into account the six free expansions that are currently included at the current level of the Kickstarter? Or does your preorder also include those?
0 x

PinothyJ

Post by PinothyJ » 14 May 2016, 17:46

vcatkiller wrote:
PinothyJ wrote:
vcatkiller wrote: You mean the Bloodborne card game? I don't have as much of an attachment to Bloodborne, as I've never played it. (no PS4) And they did an interview with the designer where he demonstrated the game, and it didn't really grab me.

Is that cheaper, taking into account the six free expansions that are currently included at the current level of the Kickstarter? Or does your preorder also include those?
Yep, it includes it all. There is a non-stretch goal preorder and the complete stretch goal preorder.
0 x

vcatkiller

Post by vcatkiller » 14 May 2016, 17:50

Ah ok. I just looked up the website. Personally I think I'll stick with the Kickstarter anyhow, because I'll be able to adjust things during the Backerkit phase, such as adding a few of the add-ons and so forth. But otherwise that looks like a pretty good deal...
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 05 Jun 2016, 12:56

Picked up Ninja All Stars yesterday and had a game last night.
Good fun game, but with only 2 of us we were just trying to out maneuver each other, 4 players will make it lots of fun...

0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

PinothyJ

Post by PinothyJ » 07 Jun 2016, 13:30

Mini wrote:Picked up Ninja All Stars yesterday and had a game last night.
Good fun game, but with only 2 of us we were just trying to out maneuver each other, 4 players will make it lots of fun...
Wait until you get even more minis!

^^…
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 07 Jun 2016, 13:36

Hahaha Pinothy, I'm avoiding some of it, and since it isn't the Kickstarter version I can't get some of the pieces anymore.
I have started painting some though, attempting the Blue guys first... Slowly adding a few colours to them...

Also deciding if I want to buy one of the clans, or be content with the box contents for now... thinking the later...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mini

Post by Mini » 19 Aug 2016, 10:19

Update from a kick starter that I back that it will ship in November... I was expecting delays and to not see it until next year... now my painting is even further behind.
But the miniatures I am getting with this one look pretty damn cool, looking forward to painting them...

0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mini

Post by Mini » 09 Jan 2017, 10:58

This arrived today, will post some of the actual model pics up later once I am home, but they look awesome.
Really impressed with the quality of them.

Now to look at painting them and not stuffing them up :(
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Fireslide

Post by Fireslide » 12 Jan 2017, 13:39

Arcadia quest is a lot of fun, just don't do a whole campaign in one day :)
0 x

PinothyJ

Post by PinothyJ » 12 Jan 2017, 13:46

Fireslide wrote:Arcadia quest is a lot of fun, just don't do a whole campaign in one day :)
Make me!
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 12 Jan 2017, 14:21

Haha,
Plan is for a first run through it tomorrow with my brother and niece. Hopefully we can figure the rules out fairly easily.
Thinking I better read up on them tonight so I have some idea of what I am doing
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

PinothyJ

Post by PinothyJ » 30 Jan 2017, 14:09

I watched rules run-through of the Dragon and Flagon with my brother. When I asked what he wanted to play he said D&F. Fifteen minutes into playing D&F he complains "I hate games like this"
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 30 Jan 2017, 14:36

Have played 3 games of Masmorra now... Just played the alliance module rather than the standard rules. (Helping each other rather than hindering)
All 3 of us that have played it have loved it. And I have started painting 1 miniature so far... hoping to give it a decent job...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord