Recommend a mic/headset option

Mugsy

Recommend a mic/headset option

Post by Mugsy » 05 Jun 2016, 08:18

So I finally have a use for something with a mic since I can't imagine playing Overwatch without voice comms.

I already have a pair of Sennheiser RS120 ii wireless headphones hooked up to my PC for watching movies without disturbing others. I'm happy with these headphones so I can either get a desk mic to accompany them (and potentially save a bit of money), or I can pick up a proper gaming headset.

My only concern about the first option is that a desk mic might pick up all the mouse clicks and keyboard presses which will be annoying for those on the other end.

What do people recommend?

Budget wise I'm OK to spend up to ~$150 on a headset. Can't really justify too much more than this.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Anon. E. Moose

Re: Recommend a mic/headset option

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 05 Jun 2016, 08:26

If you're just looking for a mic, get an Antlion Modmic to attach to the side of your Sennheisers and you're good to go.
0 x

PirateEggs

Post by PirateEggs » 05 Jun 2016, 08:37

Mugsy wrote:My only concern about the first option is that a desk mic might pick up all the mouse clicks and keyboard presses which will be annoying for those on the other end.
Personally I don't about this, and I've found most others don't either for the most part. I use a Blue Yeti and it only picks up my keyboard when I type pretty loudly. You also have the option of push-to-talk too. (I think Overwatch forces PTT anyway, so you should be fine.)
If you already have headphones that you like now, you'd probably be best to go with a ModMic like Moose said.
0 x
ImageImage

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 05 Jun 2016, 09:01

Never heard of a Modmic... looks like exactly what I need. Yeah, I do like the current sennheisers. They're not 5.1 or 7.1 but I don't really care for that and I like the idea of being able to take the modmic off when I don't need it.

Cheers guys!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Makena

Post by Makena » 05 Jun 2016, 09:09

If you decide to go down the headset route, I like the Audio Technica range, ADG1 (open) or the AG1 (closed), ot the ADG1X/AG1X if your budget goes that far.

I have ADG1 and <3 them
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 05 Jun 2016, 09:31

Thanks Makena.

I realised after the last post that I haven't used my RS120's in about a little while since I live alone atm and my PC room isn't directly next to another dwelling so no one to disturb. The dust on the headphones was a give away - lol

So I'm gonna test out its battery life first before deciding on the modmic or a proper headset... might end up getting the adg1... they're instock at Umart in Brisbane and cheapest price on the list on Staticice.
0 x
CherryRed wrote: