Recommend an ISP to churn to

Gotrek1966

Re: Recommend an ISP to churn to

Post by Gotrek1966 » 27 Dec 2015, 14:43

Punkley wrote:Also have a look at Adelaide ISP Esc.net.au We will have some interesting news about them soon :)
The fact they are not just SA sounds promising.
0 x

Brad

Post by Brad » 04 Jan 2016, 18:17

Is anyone or has any one churned to Escapenet??

Considering it to save $10-20 a month (+129 upfront for no contract BS), but with so little to read about them from users. I am hesitant.
0 x

Punkley
Site Admin

Post by Punkley » 04 Jan 2016, 18:43

some times that is a good thing, I should have a link here on Friday. So I can let you know how the go.

Straight up ecapenet have been around for a while, so if there aren't complaints that generally a good thing :). You only talk when you are unhappy on the internet.

Are you looking at ADSL on NBN?
0 x

Brad

Post by Brad » 05 Jan 2016, 18:01

Punkley wrote:some times that is a good thing, I should have a link here on Friday. So I can let you know how the go.

Straight up ecapenet have been around for a while, so if there aren't complaints that generally a good thing :). You only talk when you are unhappy on the internet.

Are you looking at ADSL on NBN?
ADSL, Telstra Only exchange.. So its only going to make a difference per provider once it's on their network. Node has been Ok, not as solid as it used to be for me at times. But its more the $100pm for 200gb that's not cutting it.
I hardly game these days, so a few ms isn't going to justify the added $20 a month spend on node. (I'd be doubtful of that lasting anyway with TPG at the reins)
So Escapenet, AUSBBS....$120+ to churn is an added month and a bit, or $10per month over the next 12 months, meaning a saving of only $10 a month for the move...If I stay 12 months... Then, on Whirlpool, mention that Node Reach customers are getting a plan review "soon"....

#adultlifechoices
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 23 Feb 2016, 09:38

Rather than raising a new thread for this kinda question, this looked like the best spot...

Looking at moving into a rental and have been checking what is available around my town in regards to ADSL2+ ports.
Is there any way (without contacting the company directly) to know what hardware they use?
(As I know from previous experience that Optus have over done there ports and it is horrible)
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

n1cholas

Post by n1cholas » 24 Feb 2016, 00:34

Mini wrote:Is there any way (without contacting the company directly) to know what hardware they use?
Could try http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/detail ... ystart.php if a phone line is connected or someone in the area is willing to let you try their phone number, beg a neighbor?

Telstra will have whatever, especially in rural areas could be any one of a number of chipsets but hopefully Broadcom line drivers are used which provider better reliability than other vendors line drivers.

iiNet and the more reputable ISPs either don't resell Optus or have moved away from reselling Optus ports due to congestion (Internode was one).

Asking each company is probably going to give you more accurate intel but I would ask a sales rep and their email support as sales reps are keen to tell you anything to get your business.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 24 Feb 2016, 06:52

I asked Escape Net... apparently for naked its an Optus port, and for phone or net its Telstra. Atleast in my area, so looks like I might be going with them, just need to work things out

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Mini

Post by Mini » 10 Mar 2016, 11:03

So I got the keys to my rental today, had ordered net yesterday with Escapenet...
Order went through awesomely quickly, and the net is already connected.
I am very impressed, and my speed test results weren't horrible, and for ADSL2+ in a country Victorian town, I'm very happy

0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 10 Mar 2016, 14:49

Better than mine in the suburbs. 20-30 minutes drive from Melbourne CBD. :(
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 10 Mar 2016, 15:17

I get like 3 10mins from the cbd :(
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Treloar

Post by Treloar » 11 Mar 2016, 16:30

I have a question, being that we are all on these forums as a group of possibly like minded individuals, could we create our own ISP and supply Internet to ourselves at cost :?:

I know that sounds like a funny question, but it'd be cheaper for us all and a major headache I'm sure to setup, but it could be done right :?:
0 x

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 11 Mar 2016, 20:13

No. It'd be super expensive.
0 x

Treloar

Post by Treloar » 12 Mar 2016, 06:35

How so :?:
0 x

Spooler

Post by Spooler » 15 Mar 2016, 18:03

Before the days of the NBN it'd be doable... but there's no one that does whole sale to <1000 connections on the NBN.

Really the NBN and the stupid way it operates is why it'd cost too much.
0 x
DarkMellie wrote: I love Wang.
Disco LT wrote: Love Gaytimes
"GoN, where no one was afraid to show their love of gaytimes or wang."