Steam Machines

Scoobth

Steam Machines

Post by Scoobth » 07 Nov 2015, 15:40

I know theres steam link on the way and the steam controller, but what about a dedicated console style all in one Steam Machine!

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/steam_machines

Steam have a large line up of different brands and machines coming to market, but does anyone know which ones will be available in Australia. For how much, and more importantly. When?!
0 x

GamingKen

Re: Steam Machines

Post by GamingKen » 07 Nov 2015, 16:03

Scoobth wrote:For how much, and more importantly. When?!
This is the catch for me. I am not against the idea of getting one to have permanently attached to the TV, and the likes of the Alienware Steam Machine is appealing enough to me ...if it were to come here without a big chunk of Australia Tax on it.
0 x

Fireslide

Post by Fireslide » 13 Nov 2015, 17:14

I'm looking forward to getting one (or the steam link)
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 13 Nov 2015, 19:04

I'd probably get a steam link, TV is close enough to the PC I have a HDMI cable running between the 2, but it would be set it up so I can just plonk down on the couch and start playing a game without chaning monitor settings and crap like that.

I still think its crazy the amount of steam machines they have coming out, I don't know who the target market is for that big of a selection, people who know enough about PC hardware will be very picky about what type they buy or build their own machine if they want to put the extra time into it and people who don't know about PCs enough and are using this as a way of making the switch from console gaming will be confused as hell.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

jambo

Post by jambo » 13 Nov 2015, 23:32

I've already spent so much over the years on my PC, I'd much rather just get a Steam Link and stream games. We have cat6 running throughout our entire house.

If I had a bunch of extra money or suddenly had no mortgage I might get one though.
0 x

AzzA82

Post by AzzA82 » 14 Nov 2015, 01:16

Pretty interested to try the steam controller but not so much the steam machines.
I got a Intel Nuc for htpc duties, which does admirably well at streaming games and playing smaller indie titles , so well in fact that I don't really sit at the main pc anymore.
Doesn't help it's mainly decked out as a sim rig lol and highly impractical to play other games on
I'm looking forward to being able to play RTS games etc with a controller if the steam controller lives up to its promises
0 x