Federal Election 2016! It's on tonight!

Dinofreak

Re: Federal Election coming on July 2nd. It's on!

Post by Dinofreak » 09 May 2016, 15:41

Matty wrote:
Disco wrote:The Greens have some pretty strong thoughts on a lot of my lifestyle choices around the outdoors, hunting, gun control etc. that I don't agree with, and I certainly don't agree in how they've been seen to manipulate information in the past or outright lie/providing misleading information.
Disco wrote:but I'd rather vote for the LNP, no idea why.
But LNP were literally the people who took your guns away from you.
It wouldn't have mattered who was in power after Port Arthur, the outcome would have been similar. The Greens would probably have put all the licensed firearm owners in prison just to be safe.
1 x
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
-- W. C. Fields

n1cholas

Post by n1cholas » 09 May 2016, 17:45

Otto-matic Reiffel wrote:Certainly dropping the Senate was a bad plan. Means the elected party can do whatever they want with no effective oversight until the next election.
A caricature of Campbell Newman rubbing his hands together with glee came to mind.

I doubt it will result in good outcomes for Queensland if that is the case.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 10 May 2016, 01:26

Dinofreak wrote: The Greens would probably have put all the licensed firearm owners in prison just to be safe.
lol how informed and thought out. :roll:
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 10 May 2016, 02:19

https://australia.isidewith.com/political-quiz there you go people and if you select the other answers button more options rather then just yes or no appear
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 10 May 2016, 08:10

NoobyMcNoobnoob wrote:https://australia.isidewith.com/political-quiz there you go people and if you select the other answers button more options rather then just yes or no appear
Yeah pretty much what the other quiz said for me :lol:

0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Mekon

Post by Mekon » 10 May 2016, 09:09

Sathias wrote:Being a bit of a politics nerd, I tend to enjoy elections more than is probably normal :eh:
Indeed. :D

GRN - 88%
ALP - 67%
L/NP - 34%

No great surprises there...

edit: And hah! :P

Idle curiosity, has there been any further news on Bob Day's High Court challenge to the Senate voting changes? The anarchist in me would be rather amused if they upheld his position, leaving us with a dissolved Parliament but no way to elect a senate. Even though I think he's a complete fsckwit.
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 10 May 2016, 10:13

I was fully prepared to vote for the LNP this time after Turnbull became leader. He'd said a lot of good things while he was on the sidelines and I expected a lot from him when he became PM. Annnd then he turned out to be an Abbott-lite like n1cholas said.

So now I don't know what to do. Shorten does nothing for me, I can't even name the Greens leader and there's 100% probability of my rural electorate voting in whoever stands for the Nationals anyway. Probably just throw my votes to the Greens because I seem to agree with a few more of their policies than the other two.

There's just not nearly as many dividing issues this time around, it's all fairly mild stuff.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 10 May 2016, 11:05

I seem to be a conflicted puppy and happy to pee on most legs... interesting to see where this election campaign takes me :)

0 x

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 10 May 2016, 12:29

Bit more Labor in the new poll. Didn't bother with the how important is this bit.

Oddly the numbers changed when I clicked on the share your preferences bit so I used imgur. Wonder what's up with that.
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 10 May 2016, 12:48

0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 10 May 2016, 13:09

Yurtles wrote:I was fully prepared to vote for the LNP this time after Turnbull became leader. He'd said a lot of good things while he was on the sidelines and I expected a lot from him when he became PM. Annnd then he turned out to be an Abbott-lite like n1cholas said.

So now I don't know what to do. Shorten does nothing for me, I can't even name the Greens leader and there's 100% probability of my rural electorate voting in whoever stands for the Nationals anyway. Probably just throw my votes to the Greens because I seem to agree with a few more of their policies than the other two.

There's just not nearly as many dividing issues this time around, it's all fairly mild stuff.
no offense but if i were you i would be looking at policy rather then personalty, the pm is just the head spokesman for the team as we've seen with turnbull after replacing abbot the hard right polices are still all there lurking in the background ready to pounce as soon as everyone is distracted.

greens and labor have actually been putting out lots of policy, libs are still singing from the IPA wishlist. and nats will most likely pledge the world to the farmer for votes until they have to lay down and do everything the libs tell them like always.

sorry havent looked up any nats policy to be honest as even if they get votes they seem to become invisible and meld into the libs backbence after elections.

plus i think turnbull and abbott should be tried for treason for purposely destroy Australia's communications infrastructure (NBN) for the benefit of foreign own business (telstra, new corp). they have not been able to show one indisputable claim for there abysmal handling of the nbn portfolio.

93% labor
92% Greens
67% Libs
67% lib democrats
41% family first
0 x

Makena

Post by Makena » 10 May 2016, 13:52

I'm ashamed it put me at 23% for Family First

0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 10 May 2016, 14:15

NoobyMcNoobnoob wrote:
no offense but if i were you i would be looking at policy rather then personalty, the pm is just the head spokesman for the team as we've seen with turnbull after replacing abbot the hard right polices are still all there lurking in the background ready to pounce as soon as everyone is distracted.

greens and labor have actually been putting out lots of policy, libs are still singing from the IPA wishlist. and nats will most likely pledge the world to the farmer for votes until they have to lay down and do everything the libs tell them like always.

sorry havent looked up any nats policy to be honest as even if they get votes they seem to become invisible and meld into the libs backbence after elections.
Actually as far as the National party goes they've had a lot more pull for the last 5 or 6 years than they've had previously. There's been quite a few decent things that've come through for rural/regional Australia because of them. If you're narrowly focused on just country Australia there's a lot of good reasons to vote National this time around. I don't really know what to attribute that rise to, but it's there. Just a shame that they're joined at the hip with the Libs.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 10 May 2016, 15:04

55% Family First? Hah!
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

n1cholas

Post by n1cholas » 10 May 2016, 15:39

http://australia.isidewith.com/results/2307038321

The poll doesn't seem to handle custom answers well, I said yes to some questions that favour the LNP positions but with amendments. The poll takes the answers as a blanket endorsement of the LNP's policy position.
0 x

linxus

Post by linxus » 10 May 2016, 16:03

52% family first :(
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197975825451]Image[/url]

Matty

Post by Matty » 10 May 2016, 16:09

I Makena'd it. FF Forever!
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 10 May 2016, 16:56

Yeah I don't think that poll is very good. Everyone seems to come out 95% green

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 10 May 2016, 17:18

Authoritarian
Your political beliefs would be considered moderately Authoritarian on an ideological scale, meaning you tend to believe it is the government's role to provide stability, equality, and opportunity for its citizens.
Sounds fair enough
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 10 May 2016, 17:38

Elections always remind me of Alien vs Predator. Must be that tag line...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mekon

Post by Mekon » 10 May 2016, 17:42

Sathias wrote:Yeah I don't think that poll is very good. Everyone seems to come out 95% green
I think you might be onto something there... the Greens have cornered the political market! :P

edit: But yeah, it's fairly borked - as n1cholas pointed out above, it doesn't do such a great job of distinguishing subtle policy differences. And I think user weightings of topic importance have too much of an impact on the final "score", too.

Nevermind that some of the data markers are completely bogus - apparently the LNP:

* Support the legalisation of same sex marriage (could have fooled me, what with all the pussy footing around with plebiscites, etc)
* Support the legalisation of Marijuana (lol, seriously!?! Admittedly, they claim only for medicinal use, but still news to me)
* [Support using] economic stimulus to aid the country during times of recession (but in the form of increased spending on infrastructure - could have fooled me given the endless bitching and moaning about the Better Schools program)
* [Support] invest[ing] in the construction of a high speed rail (last I checked they were going to undertake yet another feasibility study)

Dodgy site is dodgy.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 10 May 2016, 19:24

The issues were too complex for a multiple choice questionnaire.
0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 11 May 2016, 13:56

Matty wrote:The issues were too complex for a multiple choice questionnaire.
o well. anyone else got any others we can have a go at
Mekon wrote:Nevermind that some of the data markers are completely bogus - apparently the LNP:

* Support the legalisation of same sex marriage (could have fooled me, what with all the pussy footing around with plebiscites, etc)
* Support the legalisation of Marijuana (lol, seriously!?! Admittedly, they claim only for medicinal use, but still news to me)
* [Support using] economic stimulus to aid the country during times of recession (but in the form of increased spending on infrastructure - could have fooled me given the endless bitching and moaning about the Better Schools program)
* [Support] invest[ing] in the construction of a high speed rail (last I checked they were going to undertake yet another feasibility study)
gotta agree there
0 x

Disruptor4

Post by Disruptor4 » 11 May 2016, 14:39

Greens/ALP for me. The libs have put a sour taste in my mouth after this term (not that I voted for them last time anyway)
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 11 May 2016, 14:42

Would be interesting if the Greens actually got enough votes to become the majority government...
As almost everyone I have talked to (Minimal) have said they are completely sick of the 2 major parties.

Would be good having a third major in the mix, might make the parties actually have a think about what they are doing.

As for me, everything I am reading and seeing is pointing towards ALP or Greens for me, although I think that Bendigo is a safe ALP seat anyway...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord