War Thunder

A place for all the city-builders, world-creators, transport managers, block-arrangers and intergalactic explorers.
GamingKen

War Thunder

Post by GamingKen » 10 Mar 2016, 18:17

So, I've just installed this and finding my way through it. I think I tried it a little when it first came out, but not since it they added the tanks. Had a pretty good little run at both so far, just in Arcade Battles. Not bad at all, though I always find the menu stuff confusing in these games (such as WoT). Pretty sure I will enjoy mixing it up a little with both tanks and planes.

Anyone else playing it?
0 x

HunterKiller

Re: War Thunder

Post by HunterKiller » 10 Mar 2016, 21:05

There are a few of us who play this game, ive been playing since BETA, I love it but it has gone some huge changes in the past year that even now im confused as hell, lol.

Come join us look for the OGA or Online Gamers Alliance platoon, we use that to allow us to have up to 4 of us in the same server on the same side to fight along side.

Its quite fun and we mainly play arcade planes for fun.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 10 Mar 2016, 21:10

I invested some serious time..and money into this game when it was fun, I stopped playing it when it turned into a massive grind to unlock a plane rather than just hitting a certain level, it's been ages since I played so maybe I should revisit it, but it went from being fun to a super grind overnight and that killed it for me.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

HunterKiller

Post by HunterKiller » 10 Mar 2016, 23:42

They have made it alot harder to unlock new planes without a premium account thats for sure.

I used my premium account to unlock the first 3 tiers of most planes on the Brits and Russian armies, now thats all I play between level 2 and level 3 planes.

Its still fun but you can see who has the better equipped planes though, but its still fun to say the least and good to play with friends too, even low level, I dont mind using biplanes with beginner friends.
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 11 Mar 2016, 22:44

HunterKiller wrote:There are a few of us who play this game, ive been playing since BETA, I love it but it has gone some huge changes in the past year that even now im confused as hell, lol.

Come join us look for the OGA or Online Gamers Alliance platoon, we use that to allow us to have up to 4 of us in the same server on the same side to fight along side.

Its quite fun and we mainly play arcade planes for fun.
I'll definitely do that sometime over the weekend :D Sounds like fun having a bit of a squad happening in a battle.
Disco wrote:I invested some serious time..and money into this game when it was fun, I stopped playing it when it turned into a massive grind to unlock a plane rather than just hitting a certain level, it's been ages since I played so maybe I should revisit it, but it went from being fun to a super grind overnight and that killed it for me.
I think I have just given into the fact most games like this these days are a grind fest. Not happy about it, but if I get a few good hours play with them, even on the starting levels, then that's kinda okay with me.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Apr 2016, 19:11

Well I'm redownloading it now, so happy to catch up for a few games Meare, although I doubt I'll remember how to play!
1 x
Nekosan wrote:

Kinky Kel

Post by Kinky Kel » 08 Apr 2016, 09:49

I love War Thunder. Tanks and Air are good.. but it can also be a bit of a rage inducer too :P I prefer realistic/Sim battles over the Arcade mostly. I just like the slower pace.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 08 Apr 2016, 09:54

The only problem I have with realistic/sim battles is that I'm shit at the game and I spent a whole lot of time getting somewhere, then not much time dying, then a whole lot of time waiting for the match to end so I can have another go
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Kinky Kel

Post by Kinky Kel » 08 Apr 2016, 10:05

Yeah, that's where playing hundreds of arcade matches come into it. Getting to know your fighter/tank
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 08 Apr 2016, 21:59

Ha, I actually ended up declaring this to be too much on the "pay to win" side of things and uninstalled it once again :P I could reinstall it for jumping on with a few people, though you will likely hear me bitch about aspects of it :P
0 x

Kinky Kel

Post by Kinky Kel » 14 Apr 2016, 14:20

I can't get through a match without bitching either :P I don't play it often as it is a rage inducer for me.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 14 Apr 2016, 14:26

Mearehear wrote:Ha, I actually ended up declaring this to be too much on the "pay to win" side of things and uninstalled it once again :P I could reinstall it for jumping on with a few people, though you will likely hear me bitch about aspects of it :P
Maaaan, I can relate, although I invested a fair chunk of change in this game when I was right into it - I loaded it up on the weekend for a quick match and despite my pilots vitality being maxed, kept getting sniped out of my perfectly fine plane in one pass by the enemy :evil: Same with Tanks.. put 3 rounds into someone only to have them turn and one shot me :-o
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

HunterKiller

Post by HunterKiller » 14 Apr 2016, 14:30

Ever since the latest update they have done something because I can't kill anyone, in TANK battles that is.

I was doing 6-10 kills per match then after update 1 max 2 if I'm lucky, I think the hit areas have changed and can't get the hang of it, so no more tanks for me (unless with group of mates).

As for planes I do OK, around 8 or so kills per round rank1-3 planes, I still enjoy planes and even better with group, I do prefer tier 1-2 planes, more fun and enjoyable for me, I still rage but I'm like that in most games, lol.

I payed for 3 months premium a while ago and leveled up and allowed me to unlock most planes in the first 3 levels, some elements are pay to win but not overly although it does give a slight advantage.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 14 Apr 2016, 14:36

I always did better at the lower levels, I'm at Tier IV now I think, no interest in pushing it further.. hit me up for a game sometime HK
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

HunterKiller

Post by HunterKiller » 14 Apr 2016, 16:47

Will do mate, I'll be playing Battlefront for a few days while in BETA.
0 x

Kinky Kel

Post by Kinky Kel » 20 Apr 2016, 16:57

What tanks to you play hunter? British or American?

They added a new mechanic called last man standing. Before if your crew dropped to 1 or less, you would die. In this new addition you have to kill all the crew for the tank to die. When you have 1 crew left he basically switches position between driving, loading and firing. So it becomes a big old round of whack a mole if you play British or American tanks as their shells tend to not explode inside the tank.

MagzTV covers this change fairly well in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRQ_r2TVUmY
0 x

Karmic Skink

Post by Karmic Skink » 20 Apr 2016, 21:21

The game tells you what damage you've done, so if you pay attention to it, you should be able to work out which crew member is left.

Otherwise if the tank is moving or attempting to move, aim for the driver. If it looks like the turret is moving or waiting to fire, aim for the gunner.
0 x

HunterKiller

Post by HunterKiller » 20 Apr 2016, 23:02

I use British tanks, but even the hit mechanics feels different since update, it would show penetration of the tank but no damage inflicted then if I go to hit elsewhere on the tank it would ricochet, its very odd, ill give it another go but it just felt coming from 6-8 kills per round to less than 1 after update just leaves me very frustrated due to not being able to make a kill.
0 x