Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
Stoibs

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Stoibs » 31 Jan 2017, 13:01

This is related to the current frontpage news article?
Gotta say I've literally never heard of that show before, so to hear so many people up in arms and talking about it as a major blow to 'Australian Gamers' everywhere is quite the surprise to me.

So was it just like a weekly showing of the latest news/releases and stuff?
Sounds like it must have been half decent to get this sort of attention.
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 31 Jan 2017, 13:08

Stoibs wrote:This is related to the current frontpage news article?
Gotta say I've literally never heard of that show before, so to hear so many people up in arms and talking about it as a major blow to 'Australian Gamers' everywhere is quite the surprise to me.

It had been going for 10 years on ABC 2, game reviews, news, various segments on local happenings in the Aussie gaming sceme then they spun off to do second shows focusing of kids games on ABC3 when that launched, then 2 years ago they launched Good Game Pocket a daily YouTube show with news and first plays of games and later in the same year a weekly eSports show that was ok. I'm on the pocket fanpage on Facebook and it's a fantastic community that is pretty open and non toxic.

I don't get why they'd kill Pocket it was a team of 4 people that was all done out of 1 room, Pete produced/filmed it, John edited, Much hosted and they had a girl doing the legal paperwork in the main office. Just give Goose the hosting job, he filled in whenever Nich and Hingers were out.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 31 Jan 2017, 13:16

Stoibs wrote:This is related to the current frontpage news article?

You've never heard of Good Game, seriously? Holy crap :shock:
1 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 31 Jan 2017, 13:30

Fair enough. I haven't been connected to or watched free to air television in well over a decade.
That actually sounds like something that I wouldn't have minded checking out each week to pass the time in theory, though these days I do tend to prefer absorbing gaming news via written articles or listening to them on the commute to and from work.

Did they ever have a podcast or would consider doing that instead now I wonder?
0 x

jambo

Post by jambo » 31 Jan 2017, 13:41

They had a podcast, but it was run by the production people and was mostly about profiling the various members of the cast and crew.

No doubt it has been killed off too...
0 x

GamingKen

Post by GamingKen » 31 Jan 2017, 16:02

Stoibs wrote:Fair enough. I haven't been connected to or watched free to air television in well over a decade.
That actually sounds like something that I wouldn't have minded checking out each week to pass the time in theory, though these days I do tend to prefer absorbing gaming news via written articles or listening to them on the commute to and from work.

Did they ever have a podcast or would consider doing that instead now I wonder?
https://www.youtube.com/user/goodgameabctv

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvVu_z ... vcuCzOjs0w (GG Pocket)
0 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 31 Jan 2017, 17:43

i doubt id have watched more than a tiny snippet of that show over the years. -but a shame to see the show end. surely in this day audiences about games would be bigger than ever.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 31 Jan 2017, 19:07

Stoibs wrote:Gotta say I've literally never heard of that show before
I'm surprised you haven't heard of it, but I have to be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the show.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 31 Jan 2017, 20:57

Conan Exiles initial impression: don't bother.

Think Ark but way way less polished, it just screams "cash grab" to me so far.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 31 Jan 2017, 21:33

Nekosan wrote:Conan Exiles initial impression: don't bother.

Think Ark but way way less polished, it just screams "cash grab" to me so far.
is it less grindy then ark, cause the grind is a bitch in ark.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 31 Jan 2017, 21:40

i hope its decent or i'll have to put up with the husband whinging for weeks on end, he's been looking forward to it and the download just finished
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 01 Feb 2017, 09:47

Almost at the end of Resident Evil. Had to turn the brightness up and started watching Luther in the background... far less scary, far easier to get on with the job. With the brightness up, you can see the monsters, you can see where to go, it becomes quite a slow-paced puzzle game.

Bit cheap, but still hugely enjoyable.
0 x

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 01 Feb 2017, 22:22

Think I'm nearing the end of RE7 also.
Actually I wouldn't have a clue to be honest, though I do remember people complaining about the 'short' length of this game at 10hrs or so (Wtf? That's plenty long for an RE game. Dunno what these complaints are on about.. but I digress..) and I'm nearing that many playtime hours myself.
Though I am playing on this Madhouse difficulty mode for my first run, so I'm dying and replaying areas whilst taking it slow for the most part. Who knows maybe I'm no-where near the end in actuality. Only playing it at night also, which limits my playtime hours.

Not the biggest fan of the FPS perspective and would have prefered it to go back to the original fixed cam style, but I am enjoying and appreciate the game finally going back to proper, original horror/puzzle that it was built upon in the first place atleast. Only took Capcom about a decade to listen to their fans.. 8-)
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 01 Feb 2017, 22:36

Playtime is always such a hard thing to judge, especially when you bring the games launch price into it as well.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 02 Feb 2017, 16:34

Finished ResEvil. It was a good time. Will probably go back and do a Madhouse run no that I have the Albert pistol and know what all the puzzles are. I think my completion time was 6 hours but to me, well worth it for the unnervingly evil experience.
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 02 Feb 2017, 18:27

Tried installing Darthmod for Empire Total War to see how it plays. Thought it was atrocious. I actually had worse performing AI and the battles made me feel like I had less agency over the outcome. I feel like they added way too many variables/additions just for the sake of it.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 03 Feb 2017, 01:24

Finished RE7 also.
11hrs ingame, 15hrs running time on Steam.

Replayed a fair bit trying to ration as much as I could when ultimately it wasn't even needed by the end (Ended with over 10 save tapes and way more ammo/healing items than were needed, especially since..
the game doesn't even have a proper freakin final boss battle!! Glorified Cutscene with some linear shooty bits, oh the joy.. :roll:
Unlocked that gun, infinite ammo and some other thing.

Eh, overall it was alright.
I'd probably rate it as being just behind RE1, RE2, the Outbreaks and Code Veronica.
Better than the recent titles from RE4 onward.

I'm now back where I was about a year or so ago; RE7 was a nice distraction, but I'm still mostly waiting for that RE2HD. (Assuming ofcourse that it just gets the RE1/RE0 HD treatment and they don't ruin it by turning it into a third person shooter.. which I am afraid of)
0 x

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 03 Feb 2017, 20:27

Ghost Recon: Wildlands betas starts tonight i think, pity Disco hasnt installed yet >_<
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 03 Feb 2017, 20:38

Mine is installed and ready to go...
Any idea what time it is opening up?
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 04 Feb 2017, 02:30

Was @ 9pm. Basically 4 player far cry for anyone who was wondering, not sure why it took so long to make. Not that im complaining.
0 x

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 04 Feb 2017, 06:54

Woah, just saw some of the feature list for the next Playstation firmware update.
Specifically the part about the pro's 'boost' mode allowing most* (< And I reckon that's a big honking asterix there) older games to run at a better framerate.. :O

This is what the entire sales pitch and selling point about the Pro should have been from the start, since half of us don't actually care about graphics.
*Now* I'm actually paying attention, and am extremely eager to see the hard results of this. Might pick one of these up sooner rather than later.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 04 Feb 2017, 09:31

Yeah played a big chunk of Ghost Recon last night. Had a blast in a 4 player group all in Teamspeak...
I have never played a Farcry game, but one of the guys with me said the same thing.

I'm also not sure how many innocent animals died for 0 reasons last night, especially when I was left in a paddock with cows and a minigun...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 04 Feb 2017, 11:30

Holy crap the Wildlands Beta is broken af. Will have to post screenshots and videos later but this is ridiculous for a game that's been in development for four years.

Animation bugs, friends going invisible when they drive, unidad forces just freaking out and and spawning 50 guys at once in a cluster. I had to alt F4 during character creation four times because it kept freezing my selections.
The tech test ran better than this.

Edit: Shooting some surfaces from a distance causes the tracer to bug, about halfway through the air the bullet tracer slows down to walking distance, bounces off the surfaces and comes straight back into your gun.

Some images below
I was stuck in this parachuting animation even after death, no matter what I was doing.
All the dead unidad soldiers that spawned at once after none spawned for aboout 10 minutes with a 4 star wanted level.
We shot his helicopter down the the pilots survived, we couldn't kill them behind the bulletproof glass of the cockpit.
I was flying this helicopter, but according to my friends there was no one in the pilot seat.
This same thing happened to me last night, but I went 100x further.
Last edited by Anon. E. Moose on 04 Feb 2017, 12:19, edited 4 times in total.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 04 Feb 2017, 12:04

Anon. E. Moose wrote: Edit: Shooting some surfaces from a distance causes the tracer to bug, about halfway through the air the bullet tracer slows down to walking distance, bounces off the surfaces and comes straight back into your gun.
Gif that shit!

Just made it into the 50% tier for the latest Elite CG. A cool $19M at this point in addition to the $3M in bounties I've farmed.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 04 Feb 2017, 12:09

Anon. E. Moose wrote:Holy crap the Wildlands Beta is broken af. Will have to post screenshots and videos later but this is ridiculous for a game that's been in development for four years.

Animation bugs, friends going invisible when they drive, unidad forces just freaking out and and spawning 50 guys at once in a cluster. I had to alt F4 during character creation four times because it kept freezing my selections.
The tech test ran better than this.

Edit: Shooting some surfaces from a distance causes the tracer to bug, about halfway through the air the bullet tracer slows down to walking distance, bounces off the surfaces and comes straight back into your gun.
Weird, I haven't noticed most of these...
Did have a mate randomly keep driving his boat, but he was showing as hovering in mid air for me.
But that is the worst I have seen...

Although I haven't really had anything to do with the Unidad forces yet, other than a car being on the side of the road, then it randomly despawning after we shot at it.

Gotta say though, that the grouping up was easier than Rainbow Six has been
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord