Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

This is where all the random stuff goes
DarkMellie

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by DarkMellie » 04 Feb 2017, 13:30

I got a beta key!

But wait... the email says 'play now the closed beta'.

Pass.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 04 Feb 2017, 16:11

DarkMellie wrote:
Anon. E. Moose wrote: Edit: Shooting some surfaces from a distance causes the tracer to bug, about halfway through the air the bullet tracer slows down to walking distance, bounces off the surfaces and comes straight back into your gun.
Gif that shit!
Pls deliver.

Watch_dogs 2 is pretty enjoyable.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 04 Feb 2017, 16:27

Matty wrote:
DarkMellie wrote:
Anon. E. Moose wrote: Edit: Shooting some surfaces from a distance causes the tracer to bug, about halfway through the air the bullet tracer slows down to walking distance, bounces off the surfaces and comes straight back into your gun.
Gif that shit!
Pls deliver.

Watch_dogs 2 is pretty enjoyable.
Isn't it. I need to get back into it, once you start upgrading the drones the hacking/collection side stuff starts to get a bit easy but it's still super fun
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 04 Feb 2017, 17:36

I noticed none of those bugs Mini, might just be because i wasnt looking though, was too busy enjoying myself.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 04 Feb 2017, 17:59

Just bought Conan Exiles, looks pretty good so far.

Also bought a Steam Link and Steam Controller, started playing South Park Stick of Truth from the comfort of the couch :)
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 04 Feb 2017, 19:05

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxwNk- ... lQNkE/view
Footage of AI freaking out and spawning 50+ guys at once. This was when we got a 4 star wanted level in the army base, Unidad forces just stopped attacking us and 10 minutes later that happened.
Got some footage of the tracer bug, will have that up shortly.

https://clips.twitch.tv/crream/MuddyOtterOptimizePrime

I rarely shit on games but this is crazy, even for a beta. It's a very mediocre Division (which I thoroughly enjoyed) with a huge GTA map, and absolutely nothing to do on it.

The game looks gorgeous when it's raining though.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 04 Feb 2017, 19:15

I haven't played as much as you by the looks of it, but also haven't had any issues so far.
And really enjoying the world and gameplay style.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 05 Feb 2017, 03:38

wildlands isnt bad, just over too quickly (i know its a small beta), i dont want the over excessive just cause map, but a little be more in between nothingness in the maps would be nice, and better chopper controls (think bf2). would like more character customization options. the gun options that are locked look sweet. would like the AI to be a bit more gun happy when the poop hits the fan thoguh at least the can rez you.

heres some andrometer story spoilers

0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 05 Feb 2017, 21:22

Enjoying X-Rebirth all over again... new game, keyboard (formerly always by controller) and just hoping I can pass the incredibly poorly built 'Trojan ROV' mission.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 05 Feb 2017, 21:45

Had another small play of Ghost tonight.
Some hilarious bugs for tonight...
- Purple patrol randomly "despawning" after one or 2 died.
- 1 of our group always showed as outside the vehicle to everyone else, even when he was the pilot in the helicopter...
- A random patrol spawning on top of 2 guys (This happened to be 2 humvees and a truck)... problem was they were close to a hill, so half spawned in the hill...

And we had 1 member who crashed a few times for the night. Was weird, he could get 5 minutes or 30 minutes in before it crashed...
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Anon. E. Moose

Post by Anon. E. Moose » 05 Feb 2017, 22:57

I screwed up in Elite last night. I was flying from the alien ruins to the system with the combat CG to meet up with some friends to shoot pirates, about 29 jumps on the fastest route, and I ran out of fuel after about 4 jumps due to sheer bad luck on not coming across any refuelable stars. I switched over to economical drive and it showed 2 systems I could jump to, and neither had the right type of star. I just decided to just jump anyway and thought I could just call the fuel rats in the morning to come rescue me, when a large warning flashed up on my screen warning me that fuel had depleted and oxygen would run out in 8 minutes.

I thought fuck it, I'm going to sit
here staring at this beautiful sun, using this last 8 minutes to contemplate all the wonderful memories this Clipper has bought me, got a few words from fellow commanders on Discord, and just waited for the darkness to take me.

In the end it wasn't the be all and end all, it was fairly anticlimactic because I was able to just afford the 6 mil rebuy on my ship, but those 8 minutes were probably the most real, intense moments I've ever had as a commander in that game, watching the countdown reach 0, watching his hands start to shake and tense up as he loses oxygen, the slow wheezing grasps for air, the screen slowly fading to black, it was all really cool.
Now if only I could experience that in VR.
0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 06 Feb 2017, 00:29

Anon. E. Moose wrote:I screwed up in Elite last night. I was flying from the alien ruins to the system with the combat CG to meet up with some friends to shoot pirates, about 29 jumps on the fastest route, and I ran out of fuel after about 4 jumps due to sheer bad luck on not coming across any refuelable stars. I switched over to economical drive and it showed 2 systems I could jump to, and neither had the right type of star. I just decided to just jump anyway and thought I could just call the fuel rats in the morning to come rescue me, when a large warning flashed up on my screen warning me that fuel had depleted and oxygen would run out in 8 minutes.

I thought fuck it, I'm going to sit
here staring at this beautiful sun, using this last 8 minutes to contemplate all the wonderful memories this Clipper has bought me, got a few words from fellow commanders on Discord, and just waited for the darkness to take me.

In the end it wasn't the be all and end all, it was fairly anticlimactic because I was able to just afford the 6 mil rebuy on my ship, but those 8 minutes were probably the most real, intense moments I've ever had as a commander in that game, watching the countdown reach 0, watching his hands start to shake and tense up as he loses oxygen, the slow wheezing grasps for air, the screen slowly fading to black, it was all really cool.
Now if only I could experience that in VR.
lol, first time doing some missions on that i left it on quick route options, scared as hell as it kept pointing me into non-habitated systems, check the map on 6th jump and it has me cutting across a massive gulf of uncharted type area. thinking all the time this is not right computer i wanted shortest route to quest destination not to lonely frozen space death
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 06 Feb 2017, 10:01

I really need to get back into Elite with you Moose, are you still playing on PC?

Also my nephew and brother got Payday 2, so I have been having a few games of that with them. Having some good fun so far, very interesting with some missions dropping you into the deep end, while others let you scope the place out.
Took us a few goes to work out the car stealing mission, but then managed to get in and out and only set the cops off at the last moment
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 06 Feb 2017, 21:15

Payday 2 makes me so angry. Terrible AI, tiring mission requirements and so little that can be done with your earning. Throw in some sort of base-building and base-defense and I'd get back into it, else nah.

Upgraded my power unit in Elite the other night from a 5E ($500k) to a 5A ($2.8M). This was to run my new turreted lasers (so much better than gimbals). Headed straight back to Fedmich 10's Res Zone for some more piratey action and picked up around $1.3M in bounties.. after flying around fruitlessly for a good 10 minutes or so, I see an Anaconda getting absolutely pumped by the 10 or so police on hand... I start to scan him but he has 15% hull left and it's rapidly disappearing. Many of you know where this goes next. I open fire, he gets destroyed and I get his bounty but I'm now Wanted... so despite the fact that every copper in town was shooting him, because I hadn't scanned him I got Wanted. My Asp Explorer lasted about 30 seconds under the withering fire of the local authorities and I was destroyed before I could even get free of the belt.

Doesn't end there. I had very little funds left after buying the power unit, just enough that I could afford to lose my ship... not realising my insurance cost had risen from $580k to $890k. Thankfully I could afford it... with a meter $25k to spare. Currently sitting in the 50th percentile but must be close to $20%... guaranteed $19M at this point.

Speaking of space games, reinstalled X-Rebirth. Determined this time to get past the poorly built Trojan ROV mission. I do love this game and all its gloriously picturesque areas. Can't wait for the recently announced X4!!
0 x

Artful-dodgeR
Location: A part of Victoria that is basically South Australia.

Post by Artful-dodgeR » 06 Feb 2017, 21:51

Speaking of space games, played a bunch of Rebel Galaxy today. Not a bad little game.
1 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 07 Feb 2017, 02:37

Artful-dodgeR wrote:Speaking of space games, played a bunch of Rebel Galaxy today. Not a bad little game.
i liked it till i found out that enemies leveled with you, spent lot of time grinding out a battleship and a soon as i upgraded to it from the starter ship, every enemy in the starter system suddenly bought one 2 with maxed out weapons that i hadn't the money spare to get (was planning on tanking my credits out to make up the difference,). shits me to tears that i could laud it over the puny pirates when suddenly every rapscallion had a battleship and 10 budies backing him up, sort defeats the progression when it doesnt make much difference.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 07 Feb 2017, 10:37

might be a reason to start playing wow again, can make money for shiny things in other blizzard games

http://blizzardwatch.com/2017/02/06/wow ... t-balance/
0 x

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 07 Feb 2017, 10:44

oh god I could farm for Overwatch loot boxes... this could be bad.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

linxus

Post by linxus » 07 Feb 2017, 11:48

The cost of the tokens is pretty substantial though so you have to put the time and energy into farming materials/playing the auction house.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197975825451]Image[/url]

Makena

Post by Makena » 07 Feb 2017, 12:13

At current prices I have ~$230 in Blizzard money, if I converted all my gold :lol:
0 x

jambo

Post by jambo » 07 Feb 2017, 14:05

Can you convert some of it to buy me Overwatch?
0 x

Makena

Post by Makena » 07 Feb 2017, 14:23

jambo wrote:Can you convert some of it to buy me Overwatch?
Sounds like Tokens are selling super fast so the price is going to go up pretty rapidly (in gold value, so I wouldn't get as much), that aside though, no. :P
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 07 Feb 2017, 14:52

You don't want Overwatch... it is shit :P
0 x

uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

kharis

Post by kharis » 07 Feb 2017, 15:03

The price should settle. Apparently there are no tokens on the ah atm give it a week or so i reckon
0 x

Artful-dodgeR
Location: A part of Victoria that is basically South Australia.

Post by Artful-dodgeR » 07 Feb 2017, 16:12

Mini wrote:
You don't want Overwatch... it is shit :P
Dems fighting words.
0 x