Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Nekosan

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Nekosan » 23 Apr 2017, 00:32

I don't think i could ever buy in a planned neighbourhood or somewhere that has a body corporate. If i pay a couple of hundred grand for a house i'll plant whatever the fuck i want in my yard.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 23 Apr 2017, 01:15

DarkMellie wrote:
22 Apr 2017, 22:35
Just leave!

I try not to stay where I'm not enjoying myself, politeness be damned.
I did actually leave. What I can't do is sell up without incurring a huge loss no thanks to a) council approving excessive unit development here in Brissie and b) repairs that I can't get done because I need other repair work by the body corp and another owner to undertake first. Thing is, neither party had taken any responsibility by getting in a suitably qualified professional to inspect the issue in the first instance. The problem's escalated to the point where I've gotten that professional to do the inspection, the professional has come back with a list of repairs that's required, and if the body corp and responsible owner doesn't follow through with the repairs, as the issue has been dragging on for almost 10yrs and does pose a health risk to my tenants, I'll need to escalate the matter as I need to be a responsible landlord.

Luckily, I work in the property industry from a public sector perspective so am familiar with which Department to engage and what the processes are to push this through. If anything, it'll be more painful for the other parties... I just need to follow the process.
Disco wrote:
22 Apr 2017, 23:22
I saw a letter we got the other day for our body corporate "maintenance fee", the only maintenance I've seen them do in years is get the lawns mowed, while the tops of the buildings have some decorative work that is rotted and falling apart. Pisses me off that they're happy sending out letters saying you need permission to do x y and z, but heaven forbid they fucking do anything.
In my case, it just seems like the other owners just don't want to approve of any expenditure for anyone else other than themselves. At least that's the way it looks from my perspective. It's not until I start mentioning legal obligations (not just the body corps/other owners but also my obligations to my tenants to provide a safe and healthy living environment) that anything happens.

Some days I wish that there was legislation requiring people to be monitored to show that they act fairly and responsibly when it comes to property/body corp matters in order to remain a property owner. Recalcitrant people with only their bottom line in mind shouldn't be in control of property.

Apologies for posting something that's definitely not fleeting nor random.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

DedZeppelin

Post by DedZeppelin » 23 Apr 2017, 02:05

I sell home improvements for a living . The words "body corporate" are a serious condition to a sale. We tend to leave them alone, where possible.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 23 Apr 2017, 09:08

Very true that. I add at least two extra clauses to my purchase contracts in that I need to have my conveyancer review the body corp records and I be satisfied with the records, and that the contract is subject to a satisfactory building inspection report whereby I reserve the right to terminate the contract.

The contract for my current place also had a clause stating that various appliances such as dishwashers and ovens/stoves are to be in full working condition prior to settlement, that I am to inspect this prior to settlement, and that I must be satisfied with all items listed. Unfortunately, I didn't inspect the kitchen oven properly as only the grill works... no hot air is forced out of the fan at the back so I now need to either get it replaced for fixed. I also disregarded a water leak from the the shower thinking that it could be easily fixed by re-siliconing the recess. It was actually the rubber seals that hugs the glass panels so now I need to replace those shower panel as I've been told it can't be fixed.

The previous owner wasn't happy with how thorough the rest of my clauses were but I was paying for a home in working condition at market value. Given that replacing the shower glass panels will cost a bit and that I may have to replace the oven too, I think he should be happy with the outcome.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Disco

Post by Disco » 23 Apr 2017, 12:33

My niece visited today, she ran over to me and asked if we could play the killing game together :lol: She's come over a few times while I've been playing Battlefield :lol:
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 23 Apr 2017, 12:58

Awww!

You shall now be known as Uncle "Killing Game" Disco.

I also misread "she ran over to me" as "she ran over me"... kharis will be shaking her head.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 23 Apr 2017, 12:59

So I've got a question I should probably know the answer to by this stage in my life, but I really don't.

What're you supposed to do if you get into a car accident with someone else? Like insurance and police wise and all that stuff. I don't have any idea.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

kharis

Post by kharis » 23 Apr 2017, 13:03

Yurtles wrote:
23 Apr 2017, 12:59
So I've got a question I should probably know the answer to by this stage in my life, but I really don't.

What're you supposed to do if you get into a car accident with someone else? Like insurance and police wise and all that stuff. I don't have any idea.
grab the other persons details then call your insurer, if people are injured or a car needs to be towed (oil on the road or something dangerous) call the police/ambulance/firies so the report is on file, also call them if fault is up for debate (you're not sure or the other person is being a jack ass about it and they're at fault)

insurance companies should handle most of it on your behalf once you put in a claim, if its your fault you'll pay the excess. if you dont have insurance and are at fault thats not good
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 23 Apr 2017, 13:04

Mugsy wrote:
23 Apr 2017, 12:58
I also misread "she ran over to me" as "she ran over me"... kharis will be shaking her head.
le sigh.. haven't been run over in a couple of days
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 23 Apr 2017, 13:26

I'm impressed by kharis' reply on the insurance claim. Very thorough and concise too.

I guess you'd need to be across this with the number of times I run you over - lol
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Artful-dodgeR
Location: A part of Victoria that is basically South Australia.

Post by Artful-dodgeR » 23 Apr 2017, 15:00

To add to Kharis, if you're at fault and police attend you should be getting a penalty notice/summons to court. The report that we complete here in Vic (TIS) even states to the insurers who is at fault so we don't really have to talk to you.

If, however, this is something that has happened say a few hours/days ago and everyone has cleared, cops also won't get involved due timeframes.

Largely its the insurance lackies who get caught up in most of the accident crap, a tiny few get shuffled our way and even then damages/claims are still all done through insurers or government bodies like TAC.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 24 Apr 2017, 11:45

Anyone know about fridges and what I should be looking out for?
Currently on the fence on the below 3 (All the same cost and design)

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/samsung- ... -srl451bls
https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/kelvinat ... bm4502ba-r
https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/lg-442l- ... -gt-442bpl
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 24 Apr 2017, 12:15

I want to murder people who have annoying voicemails, just had to listen to a bad Christopher Walken impersonation for far too long
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 24 Apr 2017, 13:26

Mini wrote:
24 Apr 2017, 11:45
Anyone know about fridges and what I should be looking out for?
Currently on the fence on the below 3 (All the same cost and design)

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/samsung- ... -srl451bls
https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/kelvinat ... bm4502ba-r
https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/lg-442l- ... -gt-442bpl
Haven't looked for a few years, but Kelvinator and Fisher & Paykel were recommended over other brands.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 24 Apr 2017, 14:21

Booked myself into a small place for a massage and some acupuncture on my tennis elbow, this is going to be interesting.. I'm pretty sceptical about the acupuncture thing but at least the massage should be good
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

storm84

Post by storm84 » 24 Apr 2017, 14:30

Acupuncture works by the placebo effort, so you better believe in it if you want it to be effective ;)
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 24 Apr 2017, 14:35

storm84 wrote:
24 Apr 2017, 14:30
Acupuncture works by the placebo effort, so you better believe in it if you want it to be effective ;)
If it works I don't care if it's a placebo or not :P
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 24 Apr 2017, 17:36

Just get a robot arm, then you can store tennis balls in the elbow joint as a joke
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 24 Apr 2017, 21:54

Don't forget a small air cannon to fire the tennis balls at those who don't appreciate the joke ;)
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 26 Apr 2017, 07:17

Those 12 days off work just flew by. Not looking forward to going back today.
0 x

kharis

Post by kharis » 26 Apr 2017, 07:55

School is back yay!!
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 26 Apr 2017, 09:03

Nekosan wrote:
23 Apr 2017, 00:32
I don't think i could ever buy in a planned neighbourhood or somewhere that has a body corporate. If i pay a couple of hundred grand for a house i'll plant whatever the fuck i want in my yard.
The reason I chose the property I did was that I was young (23-34), female and single at the time so it gave both me and my parents comfort to know that there were people 'around' all the time. I also liked that I didn't have to be responsible for any exterior maintenance (driveways, fences, gutters, outdoor lighting, etc) and everything bar my tiny patch of back lawn was maintained. My building was insured without me needing to worry about that either. At the time it made sense... and, living in a mining town where properties were selling at a premium, at 23 years of age an actual house was financially out of reach. A villa was a better option to me than paying dead money into a rental, and after 10+ years I'm not sorry I bought where I did. We have oodles of privacy, it's really quiet and it's super low maintenance.

We generally can do whatever the fuck we want in our yard. We've planted things, put in gardens, ripped gardens out, laid turf, put up a gazebo, etc. The only thing I've ever been slapped on the wrist for was building a garden shed without permission, some asshole dobbed us in for that so we pulled it down (it was a heap of shit anyway). The only thing we can't do is make alterations to the exterior of the building such as repainting it a different colour, putting on a different type of garage door, rendering over the bricks, etc. Those rules don't bother me, I think it would devalue the group of properties if people were free to change the physical appearance of the exterior of the villas.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Disco

Post by Disco » 26 Apr 2017, 11:51

God damn I hate Excel, there is nothing intuitive about it at all, it seems like heaps of people can do all this magical stuff with it and I can't even get the cell's to be a regular size.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Mini

Post by Mini » 26 Apr 2017, 11:53

It is amazing how much you can do with it... but how stupid those things are to setup.
I have a love/hate relationship with Excel... does some great things and helps with presenting some data... but so frustrating as well.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 26 Apr 2017, 12:01

I've seen whole quoting systems for quoting homes written in Excel which are mind blowing, but I struggle to do the stupidest things with it - I get by, but I don't use it often enough to justify learning about it because I'd end up forgetting before I had to use it again.
0 x
Nekosan wrote: