Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

User avatar
storm84
Posts: 1894
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 16:58
Location: ACT
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by storm84 » 03 May 2017, 17:13

DedZeppelin wrote:
03 May 2017, 16:18
storm84 wrote:
24 Apr 2017, 14:30
Acupuncture works by the placebo effort, so you better believe in it if you want it to be effective ;)
I am not sure if you are correct. I had acupuncture when I was getting physio on my shoulder, and I was about as sceptical as could be. It didn't directly ease my symptoms, but it did relax the muscles slightly, making the physio a little less painful.
It's what the science shows anyway. There was one study where they mimicked the act of putting needles in by putting pressure on the skin without actually penetrating it, and it had the same clinical effect as actual acupuncture.

Similarly there was another study that looked at the placement of needles - either in line with acupuncture theory or random - And again there was no clinical distinction in patient outcomes.

What I don't get is why people think placebo is a problem. Placebos have positive clinical outcomes - it's just an argument over whether a treatment has a specific biochemical effect on the body or whether the act of treatment is what's at play. In the case of acupuncture, the intervention itself is what matters.
Last edited by storm84 on 03 May 2017, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4116
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 03 May 2017, 17:41

Placebo is awesome, I found that it helped me but I wasn't expecting the needles to be hooked up to electricity either

Also anyone looking for a new mouthguard needs to get a Sisu, was totally confused by it at first but holy shit I've never had a mouthguard fit so well: https://www.sisuguard.com/sisu-aero-mouth-guard/

It comes flat.. so weird.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

User avatar
Mini
Posts: 2936
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:31
Location: Bendigo
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Mini » 03 May 2017, 18:18

Disco wrote:
03 May 2017, 17:41
Placebo is awesome, I found that it helped me but I wasn't expecting the needles to be hooked up to electricity either

Also anyone looking for a new mouthguard needs to get a Sisu, was totally confused by it at first but holy shit I've never had a mouthguard fit so well: https://www.sisuguard.com/sisu-aero-mouth-guard/

It comes flat.. so weird.
That is a weird mouthguard... I might have to look into one for hockey
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

User avatar
MuscularTeeth
Posts: 580
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 12:28
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by MuscularTeeth » 03 May 2017, 18:38

Mini wrote:
03 May 2017, 16:53
Hmm... thinking of getting my motorbike license...

I've been thinking that for years.
0 x

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4116
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 03 May 2017, 18:42

Mini wrote:
03 May 2017, 18:18
Disco wrote:
03 May 2017, 17:41
Placebo is awesome, I found that it helped me but I wasn't expecting the needles to be hooked up to electricity either

Also anyone looking for a new mouthguard needs to get a Sisu, was totally confused by it at first but holy shit I've never had a mouthguard fit so well: https://www.sisuguard.com/sisu-aero-mouth-guard/

It comes flat.. so weird.
That is a weird mouthguard... I might have to look into one for hockey
It has solid reviews and it fits like a glove, highly recommend
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

ChainsawMcP
Posts: 93
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 22:20

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by ChainsawMcP » 03 May 2017, 21:03

kharis wrote:
23 Apr 2017, 13:03
grab the other persons details then call your insurer,
Just because I got caught out with this... as soon as they give you a phone number - RING IT
Dodgy buggers give fake numbers...

Take photos of both cars - and if you can, sneak one in with the other person's face without making it too obvious...
Disco wrote:
03 May 2017, 17:41
Placebo is awesome,
Particularly when it's fast-acting extra-strength placebo



Random stuff - I've just cleaned up and done a reset on my fish tank - had a bout of cyano-bacteria/blue-green slime algae - which is a REAL bugger to clean up - had three attempts over two months without success - the tank would just be coated with sheets of filthy swamp smelling slime within days

Had to take the "nuke it from orbit" approach - move the fish out to a temporary holding tub - strip the gravel and bleach it, rinse, repeat, X3 - place the plants in complete darkness for a fortnight - which kills some of them but starves ALL the CB - clean and recycle the filters and use phosphate and nitrate removal pads to get past New Tank time - takes a fortnight to get the tank back up and running for fish

Buy a UV filter to help kill off any bacteria that is free floating
Buy new plants to replace the losses

Tank is beautiful
Image


But now I have the bug so I set up a small tank in my computer room - I want too many fish in it - so I buy a bigger second hand tank - and one of the aquarium stores is going out of business so stuff is cheap (including fish) - and I have enough other spares that I can set up a small tank for my daughter to have siamese fighters - and my wife loves black mollies - so she can have a small tank on her computer desk - and my daughter's big old yabby needs some extra little friends for company - and there's no way I can pass up a butterfly fish that size for only $25 - and I should probably set up a small tank so I can hand tame the black ghost before he goes back into the larger tank

4ft (200l) tank in the family room - nearby a 2ft (60l) yabby tank on one side of my daughter's computer and a small (20l) tank for siamese fighters (one male, two females) on the other side

Computer room has a 90 litre and two 20 litre tanks...

I think I may have a problem

Pics...

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

So if anybody can help with my problem... you know, slip me the occasional guppy on the sly... I'll see if I can kick this habit and get clean
Last edited by ChainsawMcP on 09 May 2017, 20:28, edited 4 times in total.
0 x

User avatar
Matty
Posts: 1109
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 21:41

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Matty » 03 May 2017, 21:30

Mini wrote:
03 May 2017, 16:53
Hmm... thinking of getting my motorbike license...
I got mine recently. Do recommend!

I got off my L's a few weeks ago too.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

User avatar
DedZeppelin
Posts: 204
Joined: 16 Nov 2015, 21:31

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by DedZeppelin » 04 May 2017, 09:44

It took me 2 hours to drive to work yesterday, due to traffic. I left a little earlier today. No traffic, and I was 40 minutes early.......
0 x
Image

User avatar
NotThatDoug
Posts: 2278
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:51

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by NotThatDoug » 04 May 2017, 10:25

woo early knock off!
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

User avatar
DedZeppelin
Posts: 204
Joined: 16 Nov 2015, 21:31

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by DedZeppelin » 04 May 2017, 10:40

NotThatDoug wrote:
04 May 2017, 10:25
woo early knock off!
Now that would be nice. It doesn't work that way for me, sadly.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sathias
Posts: 1848
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 16:59
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Sathias » 04 May 2017, 11:24

DedZeppelin wrote:
04 May 2017, 09:44
It took me 2 hours to drive to work yesterday, due to traffic. I left a little earlier today. No traffic, and I was 40 minutes early.......
Yep traffic has been bad driving from down our way lately. If I leave 10 minutes after my normal time for leaving home (around 7.15) I'll get to work 30-40 minutes later.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

User avatar
DedZeppelin
Posts: 204
Joined: 16 Nov 2015, 21:31

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by DedZeppelin » 04 May 2017, 11:31

Sathias wrote:
04 May 2017, 11:24
DedZeppelin wrote:
04 May 2017, 09:44
It took me 2 hours to drive to work yesterday, due to traffic. I left a little earlier today. No traffic, and I was 40 minutes early.......
Yep traffic has been bad driving from down our way lately. If I leave 10 minutes after my normal time for leaving home (around 7.15) I'll get to work 30-40 minutes later.
I've been working in Murray Bridge this week, so it's been a long drive anyhow. Next week, Whyalla. Leaving Sunday.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sathias
Posts: 1848
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 16:59
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Sathias » 04 May 2017, 11:35

Ah right, I'm guessing you aren't coming round to Aelin's then? I assume he's contacted you by now, he said he was planning to... he got the Rick and Morty VR game so going around to check it out :D
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

User avatar
DedZeppelin
Posts: 204
Joined: 16 Nov 2015, 21:31

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by DedZeppelin » 04 May 2017, 11:37

Sathias wrote:
04 May 2017, 11:35
Ah right, I'm guessing you aren't coming round to Aelin's then? I assume he's contacted you by now, he said he was planning to... he got the Rick and Morty VR game so going around to check it out :D
I'll come around for a short visit. Won't be staying late. We spoke yesterday.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Brat81
Posts: 25
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 18:48

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Brat81 » 04 May 2017, 17:26

Oh hai
I haven't been on here for around 2 years.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4116
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 04 May 2017, 17:29

Welcome back Brat!
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

User avatar
storm84
Posts: 1894
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 16:58
Location: ACT
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by storm84 » 04 May 2017, 19:04

Home to a power outage. Fun. Guess my hypothetical takeaway laksa is going to be eat in.
0 x
Image

User avatar
NotThatDoug
Posts: 2278
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:51

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by NotThatDoug » 08 May 2017, 09:56

hopped on the scales last night, lost a couple of kilos, tried to suit on for a black tie event I'm heading to in a few weeks time, it all fits, except I have no idea where the fuck my shirt is, last time I wore the suit last year I got really drunk and was smart enough to hang the vest/pants/jacket back up for it to go to the dry cleaners but I have no idea where the shirt ended up.

Might just grab a new shirt when I'm in Perth next week.
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4116
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 08 May 2017, 10:03

I've always envied those guys who could just buy one suit and still have it fit perfectly a few years later
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

User avatar
NotThatDoug
Posts: 2278
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:51

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by NotThatDoug » 08 May 2017, 10:44

yeah I've got a fat Doug suit thats now way to big for me and a skinny Doug suit thats a little too small, but my medium Doug suit fits nicely
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

User avatar
Nekosan
Posts: 1114
Joined: 09 Nov 2015, 19:39
Location: GoN Refugee Camp

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Nekosan » 08 May 2017, 22:51

NotThatDoug wrote:
08 May 2017, 10:44
yeah I've got a fat Doug suit thats now way to big for me and a skinny Doug suit thats a little too small, but my medium Doug suit fits nicely
I thought of this:


Image
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

User avatar
NotThatDoug
Posts: 2278
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:51

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by NotThatDoug » 09 May 2017, 09:39

0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4116
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 09 May 2017, 17:29

Trimmed my goatee today, first time after nearly a year of growing it, looks a lot neater now
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

ChainsawMcP
Posts: 93
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 22:20

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by ChainsawMcP » 09 May 2017, 19:53

Disco wrote:
09 May 2017, 17:29
Trimmed my goatee today, first time after nearly a year of growing it, looks a lot neater now
Just going the other way - short and neatly trimmed goatee being allowed to grow out to a fuller beard so I can play dress ups (as a WWI british naval officer) for the wife's birthday in June
0 x

User avatar
MuscularTeeth
Posts: 580
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 12:28
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by MuscularTeeth » 09 May 2017, 20:03

Disco wrote:
08 May 2017, 10:03
I've always envied those guys who could just buy one suit and still have it fit perfectly a few years later
ive still got a jacket that fits me when i was 16. (i was wearing it today in the cold at work)
my tailor made suit i got about 17 years ago fits as nicely then as now.i wear the suit/shirt combos basically if i go out. cos i have shit clothes or only a handful of good ones.
my wedding pants still fit me. havent tried the jacket, should do.

but dont envy me mate. tis a shit yardstick to measure oneself against.
0 x

Post Reply