Oh it's finally released? Any good?
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

DarkMellie

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by DarkMellie » 16 May 2017, 11:18

No! It will never release. This is just the latest build.
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 16 May 2017, 11:46

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :lol:

Did anyone get in on the beta for Rising Storm 2 Vietnam this weekend? I played it and enjoyed it, but there were some annoying bugs I wouldn't have expected from a game so close to release and some things that really killed the gameplay.

Overall it was great, taking out a Huey as it lands to deploy troops with an RPG is satisfying as hell, the weapons handle well and I'm glad to finally see a shotgun in a game that is deadly at range. That being said there was a bit of a learning curve and map knowledge is going to be important, I lost count of the number of times I was just one shot out of nowhere, instant black screen as my head had been blown apart.

I was really let down by the utter lack of communication and teamwork in the beta too, it seemed like you were lucky if you had 2 or 3 members on the entire team that had microphones and in squad communication was non existent. I hope that the RO community really forms itself once the full game is released.

They've also nerfed the game a bit, I didn't see and Realism setting services which is what I normally play on, however friendlies all had markers on them Battlefield style to let you know not to shoot at them at range. IMO learning uniform/weapon differences in RO games has always been a challenging aspect that leads to many TK's when new players roll in, so hopefully the Realism servers fix that.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

jambo

Post by jambo » 16 May 2017, 12:48

Was too busy with family stuff to play any games, well except for Bejeweled on my phone. Addicted again.

Hoping to play some more PUBG this week and I might even give CSGO a crack again. Need to get ranked though, which will mean about 30 hours of comp solo queue ;_;
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 16 May 2017, 13:10

I've been going nuts for PUBG, can't wait for the new maps
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 16 May 2017, 16:54

id like to try that game, but got so many other things to do/have to do./like to do.
0 x

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 17 May 2017, 13:08

A sad day for the social and community minded aspect of a lot of gamers these last two days as it was officially announced that the Original, Proper. preferred steam forums ('SPUF') that so many of us were still using are being discontinued on the 5th of June (Actually they just rudely pulled the plug yesterday, but decided to bring them back and leave them up for a little longer after the community outrage - justifiably so)

Man, this sucks.
This is like the GoN fiasco all over again for me. (And If I'm being blatantly honest, this place doesn't compare at all to GoN. they put up a news article like, once a week at best here :roll: )
Generally migrated to a steam discussion hub with all the same old familiar members, but it's still a bit of a slap in the face. Ah well =(
Don't mind my ranty musings..
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 17 May 2017, 13:19

I have never really gone near the Steam forums... generally stay away from forums due to the gaming community having its fair share of douche canoes.
As for this replacing GoN, It is a place where a few of the regulars at the end of the GoN era moved too, but it isn't as active.
I haven't really posted here much lately either... I talk on discord more than I post here.

Also on the random game discussion...
Hell Divers... incredibly fun game that was good to get from a Humble Bundle and wouldn't have paid the full cost for.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Disco

Post by Disco » 17 May 2017, 15:02

Stoibs wrote:
17 May 2017, 13:08
A sad day for the social and community minded aspect of a lot of gamers these last two days as it was officially announced that the Original, Proper. preferred steam forums ('SPUF') that so many of us were still using are being discontinued on the 5th of June (Actually they just rudely pulled the plug yesterday, but decided to bring them back and leave them up for a little longer after the community outrage - justifiably so)

Man, this sucks.
This is like the GoN fiasco all over again for me. (And If I'm being blatantly honest, this place doesn't compare at all to GoN. they put up a news article like, once a week at best here :roll: )
Generally migrated to a steam discussion hub with all the same old familiar members, but it's still a bit of a slap in the face. Ah well =(
Don't mind my ranty musings..
I didn't even know there were Steam forums, so there you go! Agreed with PA though, unfortunately this place is likely going to head in the same direction at some point.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

jambo

Post by jambo » 17 May 2017, 15:41

Damn, that sucks about the SPUForums. I used to post a fair bit on there in the early days, mainly in the Black Mesa section of the HL2 modding area.

Just checked and I joined in 2004 and have over 2,600 posts O_o

Sad when these old places you used to hang out in a lot just disappear. I've had it happen a number of times now and almost none of the forums I used as a teenager exist any more.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 17 May 2017, 15:46

I've never even heard of the SPUForums tbh... they aren't the official Steam ones? Sorry to hear you guys are losing somewhere you like though. I've been through it with a number of forums, including a dance music forum which once upon a time was the funniest forum I have ever been on. And GoN goes without saying.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

jambo

Post by jambo » 17 May 2017, 15:51

SPUForums are the official Steam Forums

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums

They're fucking huge and have been around since the beginning. 1.7 million members and 14 million posts. Ever since the Community discussion stuff I had a feeling they would get rid of the forums.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 17 May 2017, 15:54

Oh right, that's crazy.... Is it just a cost cutting thing? Have they given a rationale?

Does that mean they are getting rid of the community guides as well?

Steam really isn't what it once was, with the shitty prices, buckets of shovelware and now this :thumbdown:
0 x

jambo

Post by jambo » 17 May 2017, 15:55

They haven't really said why, just said they aren't supporting it any more.

And all of the Community stuff is what's been replacing the forums, so all those Guides and what not will stay.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 17 May 2017, 15:56

Right, well that's something, but still... there have been many times I have fixed issues based on info from those forums.
0 x

Stoibs

Post by Stoibs » 17 May 2017, 16:18

Yeah cost cutting I *guess*.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/a ... t.php?f=34

That and I suppose they want to move everyone over to the 'discussion' area, even though the forum layout and functionality is much inferior over there IMO.
Really does suck that all the game fixes and mod guides and stuff will be lost. About 9 times out of ten when I google for something on an older title, it would link me to a post there.
=(
0 x

jambo

Post by jambo » 17 May 2017, 17:29

Yeah. I get that they want people to use the new service, but a lot of older guides that people posted on those forums will be lost as plenty of the original authors will miss the closure.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 17 May 2017, 19:45

Prick of a move to just take them down though... and then acting as if that was surprising.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 17 May 2017, 20:52

All social stuff has moved to social media now. It happened to cars and it'll happen to us too soon.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 17 May 2017, 21:10

Cars?
0 x

storm84

Post by storm84 » 17 May 2017, 21:33

This is how I imagine everything I (or anyone else) ever posted on social media:
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 17 May 2017, 22:08

Got my Oculus Rift set up tonight, it's just amazing with the new Touch controllers. The head and hand tracking is just perfect. Once you get it set up, it dumps you into an alien world with an amazingly rendered 3D alien in front of you, and it really feels like being in another world. After that you end up on a ledge on a skyscraper looking down at the street and cars below, and then in a museum with a T-Rex stomping towards you. Looking forward to giving it a proper try in my lounge rather than the limited space in the computer room where I was testing it out. Really impressed with how it performs with my Alienware laptop too, it's "only" got a 1060 in it but the framerate is more than acceptable. Although I haven't tried it with one of the bigger retail release titles yet.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 17 May 2017, 22:33

DarkMellie wrote:
17 May 2017, 21:10
Cars?
All car stuff is social media now, used to be forums. Tbh I do way more car stuff now than I ever did before it moved to social media.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 17 May 2017, 22:39

Ahhh, I see.

I've kinda got a confession to make... I've finally discovered Reddit.... and it's slightly perfect for me. Lots of individual spaces to crap on about games, but it does lack the community that you all bring. Thinking I'll double time PA and Reddit for my game-vomit needs :D
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 18 May 2017, 09:15

I prefer forums over social media, I hate Twitter and Facebook/Reddit groups/pages never perform as well as a community as a forum does
0 x
Nekosan wrote: