Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

User avatar
Mugsy
Posts: 7187
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 18:44
Location: Online or Offline

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Mugsy » 13 Jun 2018, 17:07

That's an awesome task to do! Hope you manage to fit it in. Definitely post a pic of the finished mural.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.
Image

User avatar
Mini
Posts: 2944
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:31
Location: Bendigo
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Mini » 14 Jun 2018, 18:26

That moment you get home to a PC that has decided to Blue Screen on start up...
Unplugging my internal storage drive fixed the issue... same as it did a few weeks ago when it first crashed... (But has worked perfectly since then)

So I am now down to my 2 SSD's... looks like I will need to be selective about what I have installed
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

User avatar
storm84
Posts: 1894
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 16:58
Location: ACT
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by storm84 » 14 Jun 2018, 18:38

All this really of dying SSDs on the forum makes me think I need to back up my documents. :/
0 x
Image

User avatar
Mugsy
Posts: 7187
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 18:44
Location: Online or Offline

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Mugsy » 14 Jun 2018, 20:52

Always back up documents!

I really should set up an auto back up program to save to my external desktop HDD too following my dramas.

BTW, if anyone was thinking of being eco friendly and switching from plastic straws to reusable metal ones, don't use the metal ones in the car or on the move. Guy at work had an airbag go off when he was drinking from a metal straw and it ended up piercing his head. From what we've heard, it's luckily missed all the things that would have killed him or turned him into a vegetable (and fingers crossed it's true).
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.
Image

User avatar
Mini
Posts: 2944
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:31
Location: Bendigo
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Mini » 14 Jun 2018, 21:39

storm84 wrote:
14 Jun 2018, 18:38
All this really of dying SSDs on the forum makes me think I need to back up my documents. :/
I didn't have an SSD die... mine was a Seagate Barracuda that I got a year or so ago
I still have my 2 SSD's running in my PC, as my only drives in it now.
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

User avatar
MuscularTeeth
Posts: 582
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 12:28
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by MuscularTeeth » 15 Jun 2018, 17:58

haha my own main SSD is wigging out big time at the moment too!
its doing the bios boot sequence then hits the motherboard interface. i hit boot list it shows win boot drive manager, i click that and it loads up windows.
0 x

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4136
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 15 Jun 2018, 18:11

We're finally home from a few nights away at Surfers Paradise, and I miss it already - what an absolute stunner of a spot and only about a million times better than anything Sydney has to offer. We stayed on the 29th floor of the Q1 with amazing ocean views, and windows that actually opened, I didn't know they did that in hotels anymore.

I actually can't wait to go back, the weather was beautiful and so was the food. It was a real shock going from 25 degree days to a high of 4 at home.. :(
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

User avatar
brimlad
Posts: 935
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:56
Location: Canberra

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by brimlad » 20 Jun 2018, 14:32

okay the world just a little bit scarier... lol
0 x
Image

User avatar
Yurtles
Posts: 678
Joined: 29 Nov 2015, 22:06

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Yurtles » 20 Jun 2018, 21:29

Been offered a job in far north Queensland up around the gulf. Completely out of the blue, someone on a panel for a job I interviewed for more than 12 months ago (and didn't get) passed my number onto someone else who was looking for someone to do something similar (specificities!).

I'm really struggling to find reasons not to take it. It's very cattle station/graziers sort of an area. I'm going to need to buy a hat.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

User avatar
kharis
Posts: 3083
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 20:59
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by kharis » 20 Jun 2018, 21:54

Nice one yurtles. Get your akubra on and be a cowboy
0 x

User avatar
Nekosan
Posts: 1132
Joined: 09 Nov 2015, 19:39
Location: GoN Refugee Camp

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Nekosan » 20 Jun 2018, 22:49

kharis wrote:
20 Jun 2018, 21:54
Nice one yurtles. Get your akubra on and be a cowboy
He's probably minding a pot farm... :lol: :lol:
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

User avatar
Disco
Posts: 4136
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:32
Location: NSW

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 21 Jun 2018, 10:22

Yurtles wrote:
20 Jun 2018, 21:29
Been offered a job in far north Queensland up around the gulf. Completely out of the blue, someone on a panel for a job I interviewed for more than 12 months ago (and didn't get) passed my number onto someone else who was looking for someone to do something similar (specificities!).

I'm really struggling to find reasons not to take it. It's very cattle station/graziers sort of an area. I'm going to need to buy a hat.
Do it, what an awesome part of Australia to work in for a while
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

User avatar
Mugsy
Posts: 7187
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 18:44
Location: Online or Offline

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Mugsy » 22 Jun 2018, 15:13

The money should be good for a job up at FNQ. I say go for it! Good time to start too with it being winter. If it ends up not being your cup of tea, you'll know before Summer comes into full effect.

After 3 days of heading down and up the coast, to tend to dad, he's finally back at home and resting. I'd say the same for myself but I'm housesitting for my bro for about another week. His cat won't leave me alone... she's after some attention being cooped up indoors all day.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.
Image

User avatar
Bicketybam
Posts: 447
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 18:45

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Bicketybam » 22 Jun 2018, 16:02

My internet was out yesterday and today (no, not NBN, don't have that yet - but I suppose this could be considered a test for the future when I get it). It turns out they crossed the phone lines with someone else out of the blue, how that happens I don't have a clue.... Image

Anyway, I realised that my phones download speed (via 4G) is about 10x better than my adsl2+ connection and I get about 12gb a month on my phone I hardly use, I decided to use 2gb to download a video file, just for testing.

It came down in 3mins... THREE MINUTES!!! Meanwhile on the PC it takes, I don't know... till hell freezes over. This is why they want to give Australia a shitty NBN experience, they want us all to move to 4G and (5G when it becomes available).

Image = 4G/5G

Image = adsl/NBN




Image
0 x
Image

User avatar
Otto-matic Reiffel
Posts: 560
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 23:23

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 22 Jun 2018, 16:50

Problem with 4G/5G is that it's expensive, a bit laggy at times and can get congested. Nobody (but you) is crazy enough to download large files lest they get an enormous overage charge from their provider, so congestion is normally pretty low.

I remember running a speed test once on 4G. Came back at something like 480 mbps, but also used 700 MB of data :|

Also, FTTH with a good provider is better overall ;)
0 x

User avatar
Yurtles
Posts: 678
Joined: 29 Nov 2015, 22:06

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Yurtles » 22 Jun 2018, 17:22

Yeah why not I think. Flying to Mt Isa on the 28th and then driving up to check everything out. Probably start a few weeks after that if both them and I think I'd do alright at it.
It's primarily to do with pasture trials and improving the land the cattle stations use. But once those R&D types get a sniff of people actually spending money there's bound to be a few different projects tacked on. Lots of travel around the place (whole bunch of sites and participants), a little bit transient as far as living goes. But yeah. It won't be forever, the money's good and I can imagine the whole thing will be a pretty unique experience.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

User avatar
brimlad
Posts: 935
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:56
Location: Canberra

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by brimlad » 22 Jun 2018, 17:28

Sounds good fun Yurtles and those opportunities don't come around often :)
0 x
Image

User avatar
Nekosan
Posts: 1132
Joined: 09 Nov 2015, 19:39
Location: GoN Refugee Camp

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Nekosan » 22 Jun 2018, 19:04

Yurtles wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 17:22
Yeah why not I think. Flying to Mt Isa on the 28th and then driving up to check everything out. Probably start a few weeks after that if both them and I think I'd do alright at it.
It's primarily to do with pasture trials and improving the land the cattle stations use. But once those R&D types get a sniff of people actually spending money there's bound to be a few different projects tacked on. Lots of travel around the place (whole bunch of sites and participants), a little bit transient as far as living goes. But yeah. It won't be forever, the money's good and I can imagine the whole thing will be a pretty unique experience.
Money's good AND there's nowhere to spend it. :lol:
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

User avatar
storm84
Posts: 1894
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 16:58
Location: ACT
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by storm84 » 22 Jun 2018, 19:22

It's money you can turn into more money - always useful.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Mugsy
Posts: 7187
Joined: 06 Nov 2015, 18:44
Location: Online or Offline

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Mugsy » 22 Jun 2018, 21:03

Nekosan wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 19:04
Money's good AND there's nowhere to spend it. :lol:
Yeah, as long as there's no grog shop around, he'll be good. They know how to jack up prices in regional Queensland, when there are well paid professionals around.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.
Image

User avatar
Bicketybam
Posts: 447
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 18:45

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Bicketybam » 23 Jun 2018, 10:13

Otto-matic Reiffel wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 16:50
Also, FTTH with a good provider is better overall ;)
Yeah but who's got an actual FTTH connection and not some bastardization version of it? If you're in the right neighbourhood, or even on the right side of the street you're lucky enough to have it, meanwhile the rest of Aus gets screwed.
0 x
Image

User avatar
brimlad
Posts: 935
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 17:56
Location: Canberra

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by brimlad » 23 Jun 2018, 10:36

bastardization is a good description, the NBN is rolling through our suburb atm and it's fibre to the node but the speeds they are offering are barely better than adsl2 essentially an upgrade in terminology.

Thankfully we're on the VDSL2 network (old tranasct network) which is a separate cable so we don't have to switch to the NBN and can enjoy 60mps rather than the 6mps the NBN is offering.
I was curious so that's why I rang Internode to see what the NBN could deliver for us... pointless :(
Last edited by brimlad on 23 Jun 2018, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Otto-matic Reiffel
Posts: 560
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 23:23

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 23 Jun 2018, 13:20

Bicketybam wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 10:13
Otto-matic Reiffel wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 16:50
Also, FTTH with a good provider is better overall ;)
Yeah but who's got an actual FTTH connection and not some bastardization version of it? If you're in the right neighbourhood, or even on the right side of the street you're lucky enough to have it, meanwhile the rest of Aus gets screwed.
Well I suppose we ended up with overhead fibre instead of buried like the original plan. Still 100 mbps but :lol:
0 x

User avatar
storm84
Posts: 1894
Joined: 08 Nov 2015, 16:58
Location: ACT
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by storm84 » 23 Jun 2018, 13:32

brimlad wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 10:36
Thankfully we're on the VDSL2 network (old tranasct network) which is a separate cable so we don't have to switch to the NBN and can enjoy 60mps rather than the 6mps the NBN is offering.
I was curious so that's why I rang Internode to see what the NBN could deliver for us... pointless :(
I like that a year ago when NBN was about to be rolled out in my suburb that iiNet wrote to me to assure me that the VDSL2+ network I'm on will be better than the NBN. I can't even understand why the NBN is bothering to roll out anything when the old Transact network is superior.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Otto-matic Reiffel
Posts: 560
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 23:23

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 24 Jun 2018, 12:50

Well if they had of kept to the original plan it would have been great, since the fibre can be upgraded to 1 gbps. As of now with the mess they've made of it plenty of people are better off on their old connections.
0 x

Post Reply