Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Disco

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Disco » 27 Oct 2018, 20:06

So was riding my harley today and rode through a swarm of bees, it was unpleasant.. hit dozens of them, felt like someone had thrown a handful of rocks at me as I rode past.

I was wearing an open face helmet with goggles and a face mask, but managed to get stung through the mask on the left side of my neck - no worries right, I've been stung by bees before, but not for a long time.

Go forward 15 minutes and I'm eating lunch and I'm really freaking itchy all over.. next minute, hives all over me, necks swollen up with bumps and shit and I'm crawling out of my skin. Obviously I've developed some kind of allergy in adulthood. A few antihistamines and a few hours later I feel like I've been punched in the throat.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 27 Oct 2018, 20:22

But did you die tho?
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 28 Oct 2018, 07:18

:lol:
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 28 Oct 2018, 13:10

We planted roses in our front garden 4 weeks ago. I wasn't sure how they were progressing, then I remembered I sent my mum some photos of them after they were planted so I did a comparison shot this morning. Pretty happy with their progress, they all have buds on them at the moment, so if they keep growing this well they will have been a solid investment!

0 x
Mugsy wrote:
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

Mini

Post by Mini » 28 Oct 2018, 14:56

Honestly... I hate roses. Completely my opinion, but they just are an annoying plant.
I have gone for a full succulent garden, it agrees with my lack of maintenance style, and the shit soil we have around here
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 28 Oct 2018, 15:25

Good thing Disco planted them in our garden and not yours, then ;-)
0 x
Mugsy wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 28 Oct 2018, 15:47

Back from a visit to the local microbrewery include a BBQ lunch, taste testing, and a 6 pack to take home.

Feels like arvo nap now.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 Oct 2018, 00:17

Scored my 10k flybuy points after my last shop in this round of 4x weekly $50 spend. I really need to start using them.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 29 Oct 2018, 06:47

My stomach is in knots this morning for the week ahead, the usual trying to juggle everything with my boss obviously still away following the loss of her mum but also about 500km travel so I can attend the funeral which runs over 2 days on Tuesday & Wednesday, trying to make sure that she is as okay as she can be. Add into the mix that I'm seemingly responding to my hormone injections really fast this time so I'll need to throw some medical appointments into the mix and it's looking like another challenging week where being organised down to the very last detail will be crucial.

She has reached out and said how grateful she is, that without my support and everything I am doing she doesn't know how she would get through this which is lovely, it's nice to know you are appreciated.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 29 Oct 2018, 07:08

Just read that one of the people involved in the brawl on Australia Day has been jailed

No care what he said in court, the dogs were being assaulted - when I turned around and saw one of them punch the dog in the face with a closed fist for barking, I was like "He just punched his dog! Don't punch the dog!" and that's when everything snowballed and went to shit.

https://www.centralwesterndaily.com.au/ ... 1-66077545
0 x
Mugsy wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 31 Oct 2018, 12:46

Dealing with small business mindsets can be painful.. my boss today said to me that he's disappointed that in one week we only received 6 Master Franchise enquiries in the USA.

We advertised across 4 states, with a maximum budget of $500 .... I actually think 6 enquiries is damn near a fucking miracle, yet he is adamant we must find a way to digitally market to millions of people without spending any money, which is impossible.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 31 Oct 2018, 13:57

Well it's not impossible - just cause some sort of colossal fuckup that makes the papers. Bingo! Free advertising!
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 31 Oct 2018, 15:11

Yeaaaah that would get us media exposure for sure, might make it hard to sell franchises tho lol
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 31 Oct 2018, 15:11

Yeaaaah that would get us media exposure for sure, might make it hard to sell franchises tho lol
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 31 Oct 2018, 19:27

Start a facebook meme: 5 secrets to running a successful builder that this Australian corporation doesn't want you to know.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 01 Nov 2018, 22:34

After tomorrow I'll be all booked in for my Kenya trip, leaving 27th Nov. It's going to be close to 24 hours of travel to get from where I'm sitting to Nairobi. Never done anything like that before. Going to be interesting.

Anyone got any travel tips?

Oh and money tips. I have no idea what to do about spending cash. I was honestly just thinking about taking my visa debit card and taking the conversion hit at an ATM there somewhere. Seems like the simplest option that won't be toooo expensive. I hope.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 02 Nov 2018, 08:09

Yurtles wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 22:34
Oh and money tips. I have no idea what to do about spending cash. I was honestly just thinking about taking my visa debit card and taking the conversion hit at an ATM there somewhere. Seems like the simplest option that won't be toooo expensive. I hope.
US dollars... you won't have trouble converting to their currency that way. Having the VISA debit is also a good idea. Even a credit card will be good to have but likely limited opportunities except at larger institutions.

I just hope you don't run into the problem of being rorted at the airport like I did. Damn staff claimed they didn't have our booking or tickets that were meant to be at the counter according to the guy who put together the holiday package for our youth group. We could see on the staff's screen our details, etc. They basically forced us to buy a whole other set of tickets else risk missing our flight. We exhausted our cash after this fiasco but luckily one girl had a VISA Debit that got us by till we got home. I had my credit card but a cash advance is expensive on those things (though, I would have paid the CC off in under a week's time).

If you intend to use the VISA Debit card more, be sure to get one with nil international transaction fees. I suggest the Citibank Plus account.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 02 Nov 2018, 09:57

Celebrating 6 years since we tied the knot tomorrow, received another bunch of Mr Rossi's stunning red roses (30 of which made up my bouquet) from Disco this morning. Bonus husband points going his way.

0 x
Mugsy wrote:

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 05 Nov 2018, 13:49

So this fairly well sums up my Monday so far...

A random lady rings the doorbell at work:

Her: I have some children's items to donate in my car
Me: Oh that's lovely, thank you, can I ask if they are new?
Her: They are in my car
Me: Yes, but at they new?
Her: I've washed them and everything
Me: So they're not new?
Her: They're in my car, you can come and look at them
Me: Okay, sure, are the items new though?
Her: I've washed them, I'll show you

We walk to her car and she proceeds to show me a boot load of clearly second hand, marked, stained toys that she's tried to clean.

Her: See, they're clean
Me: Oh, but they've been used?
Her: I've washed them
Me: Under national policy, children's items must be new and in original packaging
Her: But they're in packaging
Me: That's a plastic bag, that's not original packaging, I'm sorry. Very kind of you to think of us, but I can't take those items.
Her: I don't understand! I washed them!
Me: It's a national policy of the charity
Her: Why! I've washed them! I've packaged them! I've driven them here!
Me: We are a facility for children with varying illnesses, we must ensure that all children's items arrive new and in original packaging. This is both to ensure they are hygienically clean, undamaged and that they meet Australian Standards.
Her: Well, that's ridiculous
Me: You might think that, but the parents of a child with a severely impacted immune system generally feels differently. It was very kind of you to think of us, but I honestly can't accept this donation, I am sorry.
Her: Well, I might as well dump it all here on the lawn and set it on fire after all the effort I've gone to
Me: Ma'am, I'm really sorry that you're offended

She starts pulling stuff out of her boot and throwing it on the ground, like a child having a temper tantrum.

Me: Ma'am, please stop, perhaps you could donate this to the Domestic Violence Centre that's being built?

She glares at me and keeps throwing stuff on the ground

Me: Okay Ma'am, I'll leave you to it but please don't go setting anything on fire or I will have to call the police. You are on security camera and I have your registration.

I walked back inside, and she's now loading all her shit back into her boot.

FFS.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:

storm84

Post by storm84 » 05 Nov 2018, 14:10

"Adulting"
0 x

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 05 Nov 2018, 14:42

Monday bad make it stop.
0 x

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 05 Nov 2018, 15:04

My Monday's are usually fine, but today gets the middle finger.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 05 Nov 2018, 20:20

Ouch!

People really need to understand that wanting to be do something kind isn't necessarily being kind. It needs to be done right (aka adhering to processes that takes into account things you didn't think of so that you don't make things worse in any way).

Hope the rest of your day/week is better!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 06 Nov 2018, 08:43

My boss and only workmate is back today after 2 weeks leave from losing her mum, I told her not to set an alarm and to just come in when she wakes up naturally. I bought her a coffee and left it on her desk. It's going to be a tough week or two ahead as she tries to return to her daily routine.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:

kharis

Post by kharis » 06 Nov 2018, 08:58

Quit my overly stressful job (never ever work for family!!) and picked up a new one that starts next week, less money but better mental state and less sitting on my ass is always good.

I'm sure I'll still get a ridiculous amount of phone calls for the rest of my natural life regarding things from my brother but at this point my level of giving a f**k is in the high negatives.

Also get to have a meeting today and see how much NDIS funding I can get for my boy for next year, not expecting much but if they want him to go to a mainstream school they need to make sure it works for him
0 x