Diablo III

Step into someone else's shoes for a while, and live out their experiences all from the comfort of your chair.
Mythor

Re: Diablo III

Post by Mythor » 29 Dec 2015, 11:15

Oh, yeah, if you've got eleventy hours to sink into it I'm sure it's plenty doable, just questioning whether most players would get it done in anything like 30 hours. Maybe they're making it relatively hard/long to gauge whether future tabs should be at that level, or a bit easier? Doesn't seem like they want absolutely everyone to get the extra space right away.
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 29 Dec 2015, 13:52

Yeah, I do get the feeling that they don't want too many people getting the tab... at least without sinking a tonne of time into seasons to show that it was a "success".

In saying that, I don't believe it'll take over 100 hours to do the requirements. It's all about playing efficiently and knowing how to gear for the stage of the game you're in. The general 3 stages of the game are:
  • Getting to level 70
  • Getting to an end game build
  • Optimise end game build and farm up gear for other builds
It is also important to have read up on a few guides for optimised builds using the 6pc set you will get from Haedrig's gift so you know what you're gearing towards. Having a starter build in mind when you're wearing mainly rares is also important as this will improve your performance and speed up getting to the end game build.

Getting to level 70

A lot of players end up dawdling in this stage of the game. Simply put, it should take less than 6hrs to do this. Hard to believe but bonus xp gear and the game's team play mechanics make it possible. I won't go into too much more detail on this. Rhykker's done a good vid on fast leveling in season 4 and all of the advice still stands for Season 5.

One thing I'll note is that you shouldn't go overboard with the crafting when doing 1 to 70... you want to save up materials for crafting rare weapons and upgrading in Kanai's cube. More on this later.

Getting to an end game build

This use to be the most annoying part of seasons for me but with Haedrig's gift in S5, this ought to be much easier. To get the full Haedrig's gift 6pc set for your class, you simply need to:
  • Reach level 70
  • Slay Zoltun Kulle at level 70 on Torment II or higher
  • Reach Greater Rift Level 20 Solo
You get two pieces after each requirement is met so you don't need to do all 3 to get the 6pc set.

The first is easy. The second isn't hard. If you know how gear with rare items, you can do T2 without a problem and doing it in teams will make the battle easier. Rule of thumb with gearing is to aim for the following stats on gear:
  • helm: main stat, vit, crit chance, socket
  • shoulders: main stat, vit, AR or Armour depending on your class' deficit, last stat your choice depending on what you need
  • chest: 3 sockets, main stat, vit, AR or Armour
  • gloves: main stat, vit, crit chance and crit damage
  • bracers: main stat, vit, crit chance, last stat usually elemental damage but some AR or armour can help
  • belt: main stat, vit, AR or Armour, +life%
  • pants: 2 sockets, main sat, vit, AR or Armour
  • boots: main stat, vit, AR or Armour, +movement speed (the later is important at this stage due to low paragons)
  • amulet and rings: main stat, socket, crit chance, crit damage (note that you may not have any legendary gems to put in those rings so some more defensive stats could be good at this point... but try to run some low level GR to get leg gems... they add a lot of damage and survivability)
  • weapon(s) and any off hands... as you need, but make sure the weapon has a socket on it.
Gems: slap your best emerald into the weapon, put diamonds into the chest and pants... helm can use an amethyst for more life but if you can survive, a ruby would be good for more xp.

The third requirement is equivalent to T5 difficulty. To make life easier, you should play a class where the set given in Haedrig's gift gives you some damage increase and some damage mitigation. Something like the shadows set should put you in a good position to do T5 with just the 4pc bonus.

However, if you're smart about it, you will have done a few bounties and obtained a ring of royal grandeur. Cube this and gamble for a 5th piece for your set to complete the 6pc bonus. You can still get the final bit of haedrig's gift so you don't need to use the RORG.

This should take no more than another few hours of play. This stage of the game has been the most tedious and Blizzard have done their best to fast track this section.

Optimise end game build and farm up gear for other builds

This is where having collected a good bit of crafting materials will come in handy. Craft a bunch of rare weapons of the same type of the legendary weapon you need for your end game build and upgrade using Kanai's cube. It should take no more than 30 attempts to get the weapon you need in most cases. Chances are, it won't be ancient... but a normal roll will get you by.

You should be running rifts and GRs at this point so should be getting blood shards to gamble for needed armour pieces and offhands.

You should be at the 18-20hr mark at this point and in a position to do Chapter 6 or 7 of the seasonal journey (depending on how aggressive a player you are).

Gearing up to take on some of the conquests and Conqueror objectives will require a bit more time but at this point you should be good to complete the objectives to get the stash tab in under 40hrs.

For the 50mil gold streak objective, I suggest getting your hands on a Goldwrap belt and cube the Avarice Band ring. Put a Boon of the Hoarder on you and use two good damage increasing legendary gems... bane of the trapped should be one of them under most circumstances. Forgo any defensive gems, the combination of BotH, Goldwrap and Avarice band will keep you invincible as long as you keep killing. As such, you need to choose a high enough Torment level to maximise gold per drop but where you also kill fast enough to keep the gold dropping. Do in a rift where there is greater mob density... and hope for an open level with lots of density... might take a bit of fishing for the right rift but at least they don't cost anything to open.

Hopefully this helps people out in getting that stash tab.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 30 Dec 2015, 12:26

Season 4 will end in less than 24hrs (23.5hrs from time of posting). So glad I don't have to bother with merging gear this time around... will finally be able to get my Lions Claw and Fazula's Improbably Chain.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 30 Dec 2015, 14:43

I've nearly finished getting my Monk to 70, marking the last one I've not done. Was tinkering with livestreaming settings and apparently that's a great way to get a bunch of levelling up done.
Not looking forward to the post-Season influx of gear and crafting junk and gems. Not sure where I'm going to put all the random legendaries I probably don't really need to keep... :D
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 30 Dec 2015, 16:45

Mythor wrote:Not looking forward to the post-Season influx of gear and crafting junk and gems. Not sure where I'm going to put all the random legendaries I probably don't really need to keep... :D
Sounds like it's time to get aggressive with the salvaging.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 31 Dec 2015, 14:36

Season 4 is over! All your seasonal gear should be in your mailboxes. I've spent the last half hour sorting out my nonseasonal stash before working through my seasonal intake. So much stuff. I need more gold to condense more of my gems... :D
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 31 Dec 2015, 14:41

Mythor wrote:I need more gold to condense more of my gems... :D
Yikes! This is the first time I've seen someone with gold issues in a while.

We gotta get you doing a few GR60+ team runs... after 3 or so, you'll have 500mil gold. I'm sure gold rewards is that high at those GR levels... it has to be to explain why I'm sitting at 45bil gold. And I don't even bother stacking gold find on my gear.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 31 Dec 2015, 14:47

I just don't play enough. I had about 15 million gold before I condensed a bunch of my season gems up. Can't afford beyond Imperial yet for all the gems but I'll get there!
At least now there's room on my first stash page again. Just the 71 Legendary items sitting in mail now...
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 31 Dec 2015, 14:52

I've dabbled a bit in the current season, but just cannot face doing the storyline content again from level 1.

Is it possible to jump straight into adventure mode in seasons?
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 31 Dec 2015, 14:55

Yep, as long as you've unlocked Adventure mode in non-seasonal play for your respective mode (i.e. Softcore or Hardcore), when you start seasons, you can access Adventure mode immediately.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 31 Dec 2015, 18:07

Well, with the end of S4 and its exclusive content now available in NS, I've managed to get one Bane of the Stricken gem up to rank 45 and start on a second for augmentation.

Holding off on finding a Fazula's Improbable Chain till the patch hits since it's getting buffed from 15-20 stacks to 40-50 stacks.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 31 Dec 2015, 18:23

Just did GR18 on my Barbarian and got that Bane of the Stricken gem. It does seem pretty good! Heh.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 31 Dec 2015, 19:54

Pretty good video to walk people through how to gear up once they reach lvl70 and onwards which compliments my guide above:

I'm not a particularly aggressive gamer (both combat wise and progress)... it's somewhat out of my comfort zone, but in order to unlock that 7th stash tab, one does have to progress aggressively in seasons. It also helps to have a plan so hopefully this helps everyone get that tab.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 31 Dec 2015, 20:44

Stepping back into my nonseasonal Barbarian with 130 Paragon and can just barely hit GR20 solo. I can see how it'll get easier with more Paragon and levelled up legendary gems but that's going to be quite a leap. Kiiiiiiinda looking forward to the challenge? Heh.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 01 Jan 2016, 07:32

I was lucky that my first Lion's Claw dropped ended up ancient. I put together the 'Broken Promises' version of the U6 build (you basically don't stack any crit chance so the ring procs almost all the time) and it absolutely wrecks mobs!
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 01 Jan 2016, 11:05

When does Season 5 start?

Played a bit of Adventure this morning, Master is a little too easy for my 70/68 Wizardy guy. Should probs do some Torment.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 01 Jan 2016, 11:19

DarkMellie wrote:When does Season 5 start?
16th January, 11am AEST.

People are still running GR50 or below to level up fresh gems for augmentation... but I'm out of room to store any new gems and even my second Bane of the Stricken is now up to rank 45. Hopefully GR60 runs will become the norm again when I get home tonight.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 01 Jan 2016, 12:36

I've got a few ancient things to drop but I don't think my Barbarian actually uses any of them. I guess hunting down some useful ones is another area I can improve. I guess rerunning lower level greater rifts to level up the legendary gems is the way to go? Pretty sure I can't consistently clear GR20 yet so gambling a stone on that happening would be much slower.

Not sure whether to keep learning by playing now and possibly burn out before the season starts. Wish they'd start the next one sooner after the last but I guess they want to get everyone back in the same pool for a while.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 02 Jan 2016, 13:39

Mythor wrote:I've got a few ancient things to drop but I don't think my Barbarian actually uses any of them. I guess hunting down some useful ones is another area I can improve. I guess rerunning lower level greater rifts to level up the legendary gems is the way to go? Pretty sure I can't consistently clear GR20 yet so gambling a stone on that happening would be much slower.
I wouldn't go overboard with finding ancient gear in 2.3... may of the items worth finding are getting a buff to the +skill% damage that rolls on it (e.g. Gavel of Judgement, Fury of the Vanished Peak). Focus on upgrading gems and building up your stock of materials if you're still wanting to prep for 2.4.
Not sure whether to keep learning by playing now and possibly burn out before the season starts. Wish they'd start the next one sooner after the last but I guess they want to get everyone back in the same pool for a while.
Yeah, the player base is pretty divided on the arrangements with seasons. People either want the next season to start straight away, or that there be at least a 1 month gap so people can take a break/all play in NS. Though I'm getting the impression with more people wanting those extra stash tabs, players will want as little down time between seasons. The key thing though is that Blizz needs time to deploy the next patch and ensure it's working properly with no season destroying bugs (like with the last two seasons).

RE burning out, I guess it depends on how much prep work you need before the season starts. If you need to try out anything prior to S5 to improve your chances of getting that stash tab, now's the time to sort that out.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 02 Jan 2016, 14:14

OKAY! After a quick check with the bosslady I've gone ahead and set some things up in-game ahead of the new season.

There is now a Player Attack Community in the game as well as a Player Attack Clan. Forumgoers and PA fans are welcome to join either or both of them, depending on their individual preferences.

The reason I've set up both is so that if you'd like to stay in touch with PA people in game but want to stay in your own clans (like the GON clan), you can just join the Community. If you're either ready for a new clan or looking for one to join for the first time, we've got you covered as well.

Communities are good because you can join as many as you like. Clans are good because you can get achievement and legendary notifications from clan members. Others may be able to explain in more detail.

To join either Clan or Community just search for Player Attack in the finder tool. You'll need to be accepted into the Clan but the Community is open to all.

Currently I'm the Clan Leader and Makena is an Officer so one or the other of us will need to be online to accept, so please be patient or give me a nudge if you can't. ;)
0 x

Makena

Post by Makena » 02 Jan 2016, 14:20

Yarp!

I'm generally not far away, won't be on a lot till the season starts, but I'm easily contactable till then here, on irc, or on twitter
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 02 Jan 2016, 14:30

Nice work with the Player Attack community and clan mate. Gives us a chance to retire the old GON clan and communities (the later I've been refraining from doing in case anyone wants to find anyone else in game).

I've joined the community (which works best for me since I'm already in a clan). I'll keep chat up and will broadcast when I'm looking for players for group play.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 02 Jan 2016, 15:08

Just to be clear, I'm not looking for this to replace the GON clan(/community?). If people would rather stick with that group I am 100% on board with that and understand. It just seemed like a good time, with the new season coming up, to have an in-game PA presence established to assist organising rift runs or levelling groups or newbie tip sharing or whatever. The forum is good for general discussion but hopefully the in-game stuff will prove useful as well.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 02 Jan 2016, 15:55

I'll join both... keen to see how hard I can push seasons.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 02 Jan 2016, 17:40

Mythor wrote:Just to be clear, I'm not looking for this to replace the GON clan(/community?). If people would rather stick with that group I am 100% on board with that and understand. It just seemed like a good time, with the new season coming up, to have an in-game PA presence established to assist organising rift runs or levelling groups or newbie tip sharing or whatever. The forum is good for general discussion but hopefully the in-game stuff will prove useful as well.
TBH, the GON community hasn't had much activity for ages and should be retired. I rarely see anyone in chat and only 8 ppl have been online in the past 3 weeks.

Compared to other communities I'm in (including the Whirlpool forums D3 community), there's actually people in chat on those ones on a regular basis.

As we can only be in 10 communities, it would be best if players migrate over to the PA community where there's a good chance that some activity might occur. I've posted a message in the GON community asking players to move over to PA and I'll disband the GON D3 community in due course.

The GON clan though is a different group. I think Spooler created that one. Not sure who's in it.
0 x